Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Latest Patch Notes - Elemental (Lava Burst)

+25% damage but they took away the 80% Spell Power Scaling?

This has to be a typo right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely a typo, yes.

My guess is that they want to tinker with the scaling coefficient vs base damage and haven't finalized a value yet.

I will point out that it's nice that they are looking into giving us a single target buff.

Most definitely needed since Lb was critting for a higher avg then Lvb

I read that was REALLY hoping that it was just them experimenting with the spell. The fact they are making tweaks to it makes me happy, but if this goes to live, heads will roll!
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    Most definitely needed since Lb was critting for a higher avg then Lvb
    You have quite a strong lb. You know this isn't really a buff 80% sp scaling removed is HUGE.

seriously? does this mean LvB wont be affecting by my freakin trinkets?? which makes my ascendance weak as shit... thanks blizzard... time to quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    I will point out that it's nice that they are looking into giving us a single target buff.
    Dude read corectly this is a nerf not a buf .....

if they nerf my ascendence there will literally be no more point to bringing elemental shamans, the ONLY WAY we will EVER be useful is on a fight with heroic durumu scenario.. blizzard is raping my class and im going to rape one of their employees if they dont stop it.

[Infracted]

Threatening to rape someone is never okay.
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-05-14 at 01:57 PM.

what I read: LvB scales only with haste and mastery = if it does more dmg in 5.2 BiS gear then its fine till next raid basicly (asuming the spell power on new BiS would put dmg of LvB above the new fixed number).

so it will hit for 120 k acording to the numbers ... wow greate Chaos bolt can often crit for 1 mil and 250 k crits was to much for them ....

Deleted
    Likely just a tooltip typo on some datamined information, I wouldnt worry about quitting quite yet. Doubt they will rip the arse out of elemental for the sake of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm down people. It's a datamined change and not a confirmed change by blizzard.
    Chances are that they want to change the spell power scaling and base damage balance but haven't locked down a spell power coefficient they like yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    what I read: LvB scales only with haste and mastery = if it does more dmg in 5.2 BiS gear then its fine till next raid basicly (asuming the spell power on new BiS would put dmg of LvB above the new fixed number).
    Dude thats almost 100% nerf to the spell how is thast ok ??

Deleted
    Ok that is datamined, but still we have like one of worst scallings in-game and if they nerf it even more (by reducing int scalling (haste is pretty crap right now, mastery not better) then our best spell will be useless and either we will reroll haste/crit and spam LB, or reroll mage.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Dude thats almost 100% nerf to the spell how is thast ok ??
    Calm down.

Read it again, its likely a typo.

Deleted
    On the other hand, as they didn't figure out coefficient yet, that might be buff

Repeat after me: Datamined information from the PTR is not final. Also, there's no way they would let a critical spell like Lava Burst go live without any scaling from spellpower.

I'm laughing really hard about the rage in this thread. As mentioned, Datamined information is false a LOT. Calm the fuck down.

Aye to echo those above chillax and wait for the correct information on it rather than the datamined version. Making stupid comments about quitting right now would be just plain silly.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.