Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except it's difficult to argue that it's a "weaker ascendance". The Lava Surge procs get the full benefit of the buff, and no "penalty" from cast time.

If you just want to use relative numbers, and assume you're not currently at the 1.0 second LvB cast time or higher (since if you're over that, you'll get additional benefit from haste post-5.3 that we're not evaluating here), then it's a 25% buff to all LvBs, roughly, and a 33% decrease to hard-cast LvBs. That makes for a net change of about -8% for hard-cast, but still the full gain of 25% on Lava Surges.

If you only instant-cast 1 out of every 4 Lava Bursts, it would be a nerf. In practice, we're seeing more than a single Lava Surge every 24 seconds. Even during Ascendance, the same ratio applies; if you're getting 2-3 Lava Surge procs during Ascendance, it's still a net gain.

Gear should be essentially irrelevant, since there's both a base and coefficient buff, and they're the same. The amount of lava burst damage coming from gear won't change, which means gear overall isn't becoming more (or less) important.
    It's actually a bit more to do w/ T15 4pc and the dmg buff to Lava Burst. That being said I went from 120K~ average to 165k average Lvb, if you factor the haste possible in full bis w/ meta etc the ascendance uptime would become huge. Now I dont see how this could ever weaken Ascendance by boosting LvB dmg...even at a loss of 1-2 LvB's per CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    It's actually a bit more to do w/ T15 4pc and the dmg buff to Lava Burst. That being said I went from 120K~ average to 165k average Lvb, if you factor the haste possible in full bis w/ meta etc the ascendance uptime would become huge. Now I dont see how this could ever weaken Ascendance by boosting LvB dmg...even at a loss of 1-2 LvB's per CD.
    Less LvB = longer Ascendance CD

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Less LvB = longer Ascendance CD
    ability to take more haste on gear without feeling constantly gimped everytime the meta gem procs, or lust and meta is up = priceless.

i don't care if elemental loses dps and set bonus loses power, the fact the spec isn't being gcd locked when its a hard casting spec is worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ability to take more haste on gear without feeling constantly gimped everytime the meta gem procs, or lust and meta is up = priceless.

i don't care if elemental loses dps and set bonus loses power, the fact the spec isn't being gcd locked when its a hard casting spec is worth it.
    I didn't say otherwise did I? all I said was longer LvB cast means a longer ascendance CD.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 01:03 AM ----------

LvB Cast Time 5.2 - 8000 Haste, 3500 EB, 5% Haste, Meta + Hero
    LvB Cast Time 5.2 - 8000 Haste, 3500 EB, 5% Haste + Meta

LvB Cast Time 5.3 - 8000 Haste, 3500 EB, 5% Haste, Meta + Hero
    LvB Cast Time 5.3 - 8000 Haste, 3500 EB, 5% Haste + Meta

You guys are debating about 5-10 seconds on Ascendance cooldown. As long as you still get one or two additional Ascendance per fight the value of the 4p won't change (although it could desync it but it's already random so no reason to argue there tbh).

well i manage to get my ascendance on 1.45min cd sometimes even less, this will be bit annoying with few sec longer cd but if that is more dps i take

Deleted
    So alot of people are talking about trading 33% cast speed for 25% damege on the bade spell. However since lvb allways crit those 25% should be multipliefd with crit bonus damege aswell before being looking at if its a nerf buff no ?

If thats trye taking all the other stuff u write about this seams a flat out buff in pve and debateabel in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Damagrokaz View Post
    So alot of people are talking about trading 33% cast speed for 25% damege on the bade spell. However since lvb allways crit those 25% should be multipliefd with crit bonus damege aswell before being looking at if its a nerf buff no ?
    that doesn't matter as this is true for the "old" LvB too so if you compare the numbers it is still a 25% damage buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    that doesn't matter as this is true for the "old" LvB too so if you compare the numbers it is still a 25% damage buff.
    Ah true sleepyhead morning sorry