View Poll Results: Do you want MoP to be over with ASAP?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I'm fine if MoP would still last another year.

136 46.74%
  • No, but ...

31 10.65%
  • I want MoP to be over with an hope that the next expansion gets here fast, because ...

124 42.61%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do you want MoP to be over with?

There are an abundant amount of threads talking about the new expansion, wanting the new expansion, and a lot of MoP disapproval threads.

It seems to me that nearly the entire playerbase just wants MoP to be over and done with as soon as possible, but I could be wrong.

"Do you want MoP to be over with as soon as possible?"

I wanted MoP to be over with straight after it was announced.

No, in fact I would like MoP to have between 4-5 tiers, but sadly that most likely isn't going to happen.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

No I don't, Mists of Pandaria is the best expansion they've ever released. Kind of funny since lol pandas
    Last edited by Definition; 2013-05-14 at 06:32 AM.

Nope. I was pretty bummed when Mists of Pandaria first came up when they copyrighted it. I was so hoping that it was going to be something other than an expac. And I ended up loving it. Probably my favorite time in wow so far.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

I want the content out so I can enjoy it. Doesn't bother me if its in this expansion or another, so long as its good. Though a new expansion means paying more upfront for the expansion itself, so I suppose I'd prefer MoP to be longer.

I do eventually want more story elsewhere, though. Some Horde/Alliance resolution and growth, the fate of the Dragonflights, the actual purpose of the Infinite Dragonflight (I fail to believe we actually killed Nozdormu's future self - merely a potential echo of him), the Burning Legion, the Titans' goals, and the Old Gods.

We won't get much of that on Pandaria. Maybe some Old God info, some fleshing out of Wrathion's character and his plans, a little Horde/Alliance development... But to get to the real meat we need to go elsewhere.

But only when Mists of Pandaria is finished. And I'm in no hurry.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by MoP thusfar, although after the shit circus that was Cataclysm they didn't really have to do much to exceed my expectations. I'm switching it up a little bit by leveling some Alliance characters on a new server since I got burned out doing the 85-90 grind on all my horde toons, and it's been a nice change. There's enough super casual content to keep me interested in MoP for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    There are an abundant amount of threads talking about the new expansion, wanting the new expansion, and a lot of MoP disapproval threads.

It seems to me that nearly the entire playerbase just wants MoP to be over and done with as soon as possible, but I could be wrong.

"Do you want MoP to be over with as soon as possible?"
    Why can he still post so tired of his threads. Their have been like 8 threads with maybe 100 people posting in each. That is clearly the entire player base. Mist of Pandaria has been great so far would actually like if they added another tier of raiding/pvp season honestly.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Nope I'm really enjoying it.
    I am slightly impatient for the next part of the story though because it's pretty good.

I really enjoy the environment and story and gameplay of MoP, the armor art design is awful. I haven't used a single item from this expansion for xmog.

Nope, I'm enjoying MoP, it's not unusual that nearing Blizzcon people start to wander off track and start speculation or holding out for leaks for the next expansion, it happens every expansion. We like to have info, we like to know whats going on, tis human nature.

Looking forward to 5.3 alot, and 5.4 but I still love a bit of *leaked* expansion info/speculation

The Patient
    MoP just gives me this aching "filler-feeling", you know, the one you get when watching anime....
    Don't like that feeling.

Yes and no.

I want Pandaria to be over and done with, the expansion and more importantly the raids are quite good. But my biggest complaint from the moment they showed any beta footage still stands and it's driving me absolutely nuts. The whole Asian (if it's not Asian please forgive me, I'm not that good when it comes to distinguishing other cultures) theme is extremely forced and literally everywhere. It's nice for one zone, but having this one theme and pandas everywhere all the time is in my opinion the worst design they've ever came up with. Don't get me wrong it's not that I dislike the theme, it's the fact that it's just everywhere. Dread Wastes is the only bearable place.

Other than that I can't wait to get rid of some systems like the coin system or needing rep to buy valor gear for example.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

MoP just doesn't do anything for me story wise so far, let's face it The Thunder King and Pandaren came out of no where and are covering up the real story here which is Garrosh, I just haven't felt the same immersion I did back in TBC/WOTLK/Cata. I like where Blizzard is going in terms of game play mechanics but without a good story to back it up it's just numbers on a screen and doesn't feel like your really trying to accomplish something like killing Deathwing or The Lich King.

Yes I'm done with MoP. I hope next expansion there will be a new class or race that actually interests me. I also want to be able to keep up my alts without it being a weekly shackle and full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    MoP just doesn't do anything for me story wise so far, let's face it The Thunder King and Pandaren came out of no where and are covering up the real story here which is Garrosh, I just haven't felt the same immersion I did back in TBC/WOTLK/Cata. I like where Blizzard is going in terms of game play mechanics but without a good story to back it up it's just numbers on a screen and doesn't feel like your really trying to accomplish something like killing Deathwing or The Lich King.
    Isn't that kind of the same in every expansion though? A example would be Ulduar, it literally came out of no where until Wrath.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

I just have the feeling that Blizzard themselves want MoP to be over and done with. That they feel they're stuck with a chapter they'd rather close as fast as possible to be able to move on to the next thing instead and try again with less flaws this time. Especially in the scope of the heavy sublosses I feel like they're anxious, that they feel that another year of MoP is just going to sink the ship further.

So far those who voted seem very divided, almost a 50/50 split and disagreement over MoP having to be done with ... but I suspect that most people who are really sick of MoP would also not want to bother coming to read a forum about MoP. So I guess Blizzard might be right in wanting to end MoP fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Well... you're wrong... You can't possibly assume/speculate/hypothesize/guess that the entire player base wants the expansion to be done... That's just asinine. Hell, even saying most of the player base wants the expansion over would be over stretching by a long shot. There's no way for you to know what 8.3 million people want from WoW. Any threads on forums are from a minority of players, whether they are pro-MoP or anti-MoP.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Isn't that kind of the same in every expansion though? A example would be Ulduar, it literally came out of no where until Wrath.
    The Titan backstory has always been in WoW (I.E. Uldaman) And to clarify it had no lore backing other than Chen Stormstout standing outside Org in WC3

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Well... you're wrong... You can't possibly assume/speculate/hypothesize/guess that the entire player base wants the expansion to be done... That's just asinine. Hell, even saying most of the player base wants the expansion over would be over stretching by a long shot. There's no way for you to know what 8.3 million people want from WoW. Any threads on forums are from a minority of players, whether they are pro-MoP or anti-MoP.
    They can still be used as a barometer to make approximations. I haven't seen so many forum posters being this negative, not even during Cataclysm and the Dragon Soul patch. It seems as if MoP is leaving a very bad taste... (And the subnumbers don't lie either).