View Poll Results: Do you want MoP to be over with ASAP?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I'm fine if MoP would still last another year.

136 46.74%
  • No, but ...

31 10.65%
  • I want MoP to be over with an hope that the next expansion gets here fast, because ...

124 42.61%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You're hopelessly naive if you looked at mmo champ threads and took that to be representative of the wow community. It's a fan site, jesus christ. Why don't you people realize that.

And stop making shit polls.

I have a feeling that Blizzard made this expansion to get us ready for something bigger... much bigger... hopefully the legion... finally?

If that's the case? Yes! I wan't MoP over with. However, I have enjoyed this expansion overall so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    . If we say you are accurate in saying that a constant theme, no matter the subject, would become irritating after an extended period of time, then people such as you should have gotten sick of Outland, sick of Northrend, and sick of Cataclysm as well.
    Outland has a constant theme? You have a Savanah/African type theme populated by a bunch of tribal hut dwelling orcs in Nagrand, you have the sci-fi space theme with goblins and consortium dudes in Netherstorm, you have a giant mushroom swamp thing(with mushroom people living in mushroom homes in Zangarmarsh. Different zones, with different races clearly native to that specific environment. In Outlands, Mag'har didn't live in every zone, Sporelings did not roam the grasslands of Nagrand, the Consortium guys weren't milling about in Zangarmarsh. In MoP, you have Asian themed kung fu panda booze hounds living in Asian themed architechture in a jungle, in a tundra, in wetlands, and in a forest. You have hozen living in tribal society in a jungle, in a tundra, in wetlands, and in a forest. None of the zones have their own feel as the same races live in all of them.

Yes. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I straight-out dislike it. I think MOP brought a lot of good features, minus CRZ.

But most of the new stuff - new class, new tanking model, new talent trees, etc. feels almost in beta, still sort of unpolished. A lot of fixes I would love to see them release, stuff that really is only good for a new expansion.

I enjoy MOP. I wish I got more of TOT raiding done (im so fucking slack I should stop doing transmog runs and queue up in LFR).

But if the next expansion is Legion themed i'm throwing money at my screen. I loved TBC in the idea of the dark portal facing the legion etc (I also loved wrath) and its been too long since the legion as we've had nothing but Old fucking golds 2 expacs in a row with at least one appearing in wrath. Sha are old gold remnants as well as yarsharj making some sort of cameo in the questing or least heavily being referred to. I am about done with old gods for the time being. Bring on some demons.

All I want is to kill Gary restore Thrall back to his place as Warchief and then get told to go through the dark portal and report to outland to go through one of the other portals there.

ALERT: Wall of text incoming!!

I just want MoP to be over with, but I got to mention that I also didn't play Wotlk and Cata anymore around this time in the expansion. TBC and Classic WoW were way better for raiding, it had that 'competitive' element when players online compare their gear to each other and really look up to some really well geared players. Now it's everyone have their gear the same, only the best players have 'Heroic' standing on it, but ye that doesn't feel epic. So the only players raiding the hardest modes are the ones who are really dedicated to it, the people who just wanted to be awesome and show off and just want that epic piece they were always hoping for doesn't seem to be there anymore. Neither am I. The fact that Blizzard still don't get players who just want to grab that epic piece which they have seen by inspecting realm's best players. These players don't want to see all the content, they just want to grab that piece of clothing they see. But Blizzard needs a different way of thinking here: If you want that epic piece you were always hoping for, come and get it, because you don't get it for free. If you fail on the raid which should give you the epic piece, you know that you failed and will come back if you are better or have a better guild. Now this way of raiding is packed into Heroic Mode which don't seem to work out quite that well, most players aren't aiming for Heroic if they have beaten the normal mode, it's the exact same raid only with slightly differences and waaaaay more time consuming, so it's not attractive for most players.

I say 4 big changes for the next expansion pack:
    - Throw all players into high populated (without lag please) overcrowded realms where the community is living once again.
    - The new guild system introduced works quite well, it only need some really cool rewards if you are raiding with your guild, like maybe titles or an epic enchant.
    - Don't throw away LFR, but make it way less attractive by giving badder gear and uglier gear, so that people will think twice before clicking on the 'Find Group' button.
    - Get rid of normal- and heroic mode.

With these 3 options Blizzard can't come with the argument that the entire playerbase won't see all the content, because that's why they want the raid and dungeon finder implemented. The community needs to live once again, I think most ppl who are leaving are the newer players (and older ones ofc since they are burned out with a game after 7 years) because they never really felt they were part of a community, so they unsub without thinking and never come back. Players need to be dedicated to the game again, so they need to look back to what went well in the past, bring the community back!!!

Also it would definitely be awesome if they launch the new expansion with maybe 4 small raids with their own theme, 2 raids like normal mode and 2 heroic raids, players will finally be working on something again, like 'oooohh I really want to kill that boss!' Or 'I really need that new set bonus for my class, would be soooo damn imba!' So ye, let the players feel it's hard to get, don't go nerf by 2 months again, let them feel what raiding used to be. Make them aim months and months towards a goal like it used to be in TBC. If Blizzard don't, the game is probably slowly 'dieing' with tiny peaks around expansion releases and new patches.

P.S.: Players who don't want their names to be changed because of the realm switch can either:
    1. Stay in their ghost realm.
    2. Get their names changed.
    3. (optional) Blizzard can also implement something like Furell#2 if you got more of them, like they already did with the Battletags.

Just so you guys know I don't want to troll but I just want this game to thrive once again, now it's just one big online hub where you don't anyone to help you and just let Blizzard find a raid for you. Yes it's easier but it's definitely not more fun, so the only way to get the community back and people have a reason to talk in guild chat again. Ofcourse there are enough guilds who don't have this problem but a large part don't seem to have fun like they did have before with Classic, TBC and a small part of Wotlk.

Ofcourse there are lots of pro's and cons here, but let me know how you think about this

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Yes. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I straight-out dislike it. I think MOP brought a lot of good features, minus CRZ.

But most of the new stuff - new class, new tanking model, new talent trees, etc. feels almost in beta, still sort of unpolished. A lot of fixes I would love to see them release, stuff that really is only good for a new expansion.
    I will agree with you on that, there are parts of this expansion, whether it be classes, talent trees, or whatever you want that definitely have this feel that they are already waiting for the expansion to fix them.

I think the talent trees feel like they are too small and half implemented, have felt that way from the start to me. Glyphs also have this feel that they are ok, but still not right ( some feel completely mandatory like old talents, and some feel like they are so useless they need to be removed ) .

I think there are also some classes/specs that need some serious overhaul and I feel like with the talent changes some of the specs just run together and aren't that much different anymore.

I will also add in that I hate what they have done with healing since the end of WotLK. I played one from MC til ICC and I would rather put hot sticks in my eye than heal now. Thats probably more of a philosophy difference with Blizzard though than something to do with the above topic.

CRZ is a biggie, it is definitely in a seriously unfinished state and it is causing some serious issues with some people.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    I wanted MoP to be over with straight after it was announced.
    So you can all complain about the next expansion??
    you guys are unbelievable. If you dont like it, dont play it. Seems you must lead a boring life if u sit there for hours playing a game you all hate so much.

Nope. Have no reason to "want" any expansion to be over.

There's nothing more wrong with MoP than there was with Cata...or WotLK...or BC.

no more levelin please
    I could stay 90 forever
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I'm kind of sad we're only at the .3 and yet we're already supposed to be moving back home...

Pandaria felt like a joyride that was too short looking back. And knowing blizzard, all this stuff with the Pandaren and the other native races will probably just end up gathering dust here on pandaria.

I chose the 3rd option, while I am a firm believer that MoP would have the best raiding content ( so far ) in an expansion ( except for the major timesinks that are involved with hardcore raiding such as 300 stat food, lesser charm farming etc ). I am extremely excited for the next expansion simply because all signs are pointing towards a legion themed expansion, and that theme is by far my favorite within the warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I will also add in that I hate what they have done with healing since the end of WotLK. I played one from MC til ICC and I would rather put hot sticks in my eye than heal now. Thats probably more of a philosophy difference with Blizzard though than something to do with the above topic.
    I find this surprising! What do you not like about the current healing model?

I have been healing since TBC (re-rolled Shaman from Hunter).

The current healing model seems much more involved to me, I really like the fact that I have to think about what spell to cast (this to me was not the case in TBC and WotLK).

In Cata mana was a massive issue at the start of the expansion and by the end everyone was reforging out of spirit again (not even close to the same as the end of WotLK though, where I had 33 mp5 in my end of expansion gear).

The mana changes they have done in MoP really have fixed this, spirit is still important (not sure it will be in SoO but only time will tell!) and it was not brutal as we dinged 90.

To me It doesn't feel like blizzard are trying to make a game for people to enjoy. They're trying to keep people playing with cheap, repetitive filler content.. Honesty though, like 8 months into MoP and it's had one new raid, but 1000's of daily quests.
    i require ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Outland has a constant theme? You have a Savanah/African type theme populated by a bunch of tribal hut dwelling orcs in Nagrand, you have the sci-fi space theme with goblins and consortium dudes in Netherstorm, you have a giant mushroom swamp thing(with mushroom people living in mushroom homes in Zangarmarsh. Different zones, with different races clearly native to that specific environment. In Outlands, Mag'har didn't live in every zone, Sporelings did not roam the grasslands of Nagrand, the Consortium guys weren't milling about in Zangarmarsh. In MoP, you have Asian themed kung fu panda booze hounds living in Asian themed architechture in a jungle, in a tundra, in wetlands, and in a forest. You have hozen living in tribal society in a jungle, in a tundra, in wetlands, and in a forest. None of the zones have their own feel as the same races live in all of them.
    BIIIIINGO WE HAVE A GOD DAMN WINNER! *Kudos to this kind fellow*

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    And knowing blizzard, all this stuff with the Pandaren and the other native races will probably just end up gathering dust here on pandaria.
    I sure hope so.

I am looking forward to moving on from MOP. It was a great expansion but I feel like the storyline has ended and nothing is left to be told.

I love the expansion, but I've grown tired of the theme. All I can say is, if the next expansion is the Burning Legion, hurry up and release it Blizzard! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Western people don't like constructive discussion. They prefer a lot of spice to be motivated enough to participate in discussions.

Opinions without strong or remarkable stances tend to be ignored easily.
    Very true in my opinion.

Why did he get infracted for this? Isn't sensationalism the main criticism on journalism and entertainment in the west?

Difficult question for me. I don't necessarily want MoP to be over, but I'm always looking forward to the next expansion or patch. I'm enjoying MoP, but already I'm thinking I can't wait for what seems to be a Burning Legion Expansion and lvl 95 characters.