Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you could invent something in WoW

Well, as the Title says. I'm curious to know, if you had the opportunity to invent something, for example: A new talent system, a weapon... etc, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    A 2 handed fist weapon.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Some kind of Alternate Advancement. And re-invent all missing RPG elements in WoW (pushing Arcade stuff away).

Deleted
    A Raid Wipe command.
    Basically instead of being able to call for a wipe and having people run into the fire / stand in front of a boss etc.
    The raid leader would be able to type /command that would instantly kill the entire raid.

Of course there would be restrictions on this, IE would only be active in a guild raid group, not in LFR, not in pugs etc

Deleted
    I guess I would invent few new factions many new classes races never seen in any game plus any kind of weapons and armors and spells that no one ever saw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    A Raid Wipe command.
    Basically instead of being able to call for a wipe and having people run into the fire / stand in front of a boss etc.
    The raid leader would be able to type /command that would instantly kill the entire raid.

Of course there would be restrictions on this, IE would only be active in a guild raid group, not in LFR, not in pugs etc
    Why would it not be in PuGs? Even PuGs can be organized and they would then be penalized just because they aren't a guild group according to you. However there should be more restriction than that aswell, like two players should be dead minimum and such. Since you shouldn't be able to use it just because you don't think you won't make the enrage timer and such.

With that said, fourth talent spec for all classes that makes all pure dps classes into hybrids aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why would it not be in PuGs? Even PuGs can be organized and they would then be penalized just because they aren't a guild group according to you. However there should be more restriction than that aswell, like two players should be dead minimum and such. Since you shouldn't be able to use it just because you don't think you won't make the enrage timer and such.
    Whilst there maybe a few good pugs organized and these people should have access to it, having it available to all pug groups would leave it open to abuse by pug raid leaders who could wipe the raid for any reason they wanted, from doing it for giggles, to not being ressed if they die. I am erring on the side of caution with what would be a very powerful tool in the hands of raid leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Gear color changer: Like being able to change the color of the gear specificially from lets say Blue-ish hue to Bright Red, or Green etc.

Deleted
    the feature with the biggest impact on wow IMO would be some kind of tool for player generated content, that goes on PTR or something for a while, and after a bit of testing the best ones get implemented into live servers.

New Weapon Type System

I'd reduce the number of weapon types, but make a two-tiered system with transmogrification support.

Tier #1, Main Weapon Type which dictates who can use that weapon. Includes; Ranged Weapons, 2 Handed Melee Weapons, 1 Handed Melee Weapons (Not complete list).

Tier #2, Second Weapon Type which dictates the visual and animations of the weapon. The Tier #2 is totally random, so a boss can Drop a 2 Handed Sword, and then next week a 2 Handed Axe. They'd have similar / equivalent / same stats, along with other important balance issues being addressed. Includes; Bows, Crossbows, Pistols, Rifles, Axes, Swords, Daggers, Glaives, Fist-Weapons, Polearms, Staves, Hammers and many more.

Account-Wide Bank Account

Create a system very similar to Void Storage, but is accessible from your entire Account. This would make BoA Heirlooms truly BoA and make trading materials easier and more effective. There would be a deposit cost, but still is more efficient and effective then using the Mailing System, but wouldn't have a withdraw cost.

Level Scaling System (Optional)

A simple drop-down menu option lets you choose if you wish to have your level scaled down with the area you're in. This'll allow people to go back into older content, at the level it was designed at and have fun doing it in such a way, but you can also turn it off, so for those looking to purely go for their mount runs, can ignore that system.

Would also impact world zones, allowing people to go back and do quests at the equivalent level, if they wanted.

Gear Dye

New NPC with Transmorgification style system, that allows you to dye your Armour, Weapons & Tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    the feature with the biggest impact on wow IMO would be some kind of tool for player generated content, that goes on PTR or something for a while, and after a bit of testing the best ones get implemented into live servers.
    Such great ideas, I would love this ^^

Also Hyve's "Account-Wide Bank" would be sick. I hate having tons of gold on one toon, on another server, and be down to nothing on another server.. This would cure that quick!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mount Armor/Sockets. Things you can add to your mount to modify it.

[Magnetized Stirrups] - Lower Dismount chance
    [GMO Treats] - Temporary speed boost
    [Steam Powered Sniffer] - Increased /follow range
    [Image Reflectors] - Smaller Aggro radius

Mostly quality of life improvements without causing anything to be truly game changing. Obviously some of these would not be allowed in BG/Arenas

[Crittertillery] - Launches tiny mortars and fletchettes at nearby critters
    [Blingflectors] - Adds sparkle, glow, aura, trails, whatever, to your mount
    [Entourage] - Two copies of your mount follow you around, never get casted in the show you're trying out for.
    [Critterpult] - Run over a critter to pick it up. Launch it from a catapult.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Playable Hybrid-Races - Undead Tauren, here I come! Oh, you meant proper ideas?

Fourth spec for all classes (not including Druids for obvious reasons)

A third faction that kind of acts as a "middle man" faction (not exactly sure HOW it would play out)

NPC(s) that react to the title that you currently use, for example if I'm using "Dragonslayer" then said NPC(s) would basically be like "Wow, look at the Dragonslayer, I sure wouldn't want to fight him/her" ect. ect.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Such great ideas, I would love this ^^

Also Hyve's "Account-Wide Bank" would be sick. I hate having tons of gold on one toon, on another server, and be down to nothing on another server.. This would cure that quick!
    Gold Transfer would be very limited, to prevent an explosion of issues in economies. Not sure the values, but a monthly cap on the amount of gold, or no gold transfer at all, might be needed.

better options for specs on pets, and gear that you could equipt them with. (hunter and warlock pets that is, not all the other silly useless pets)

Weapon Based Animation System

This system is already included in the Monk Class, with their Jab. The icon, and the animation changes based on the weapon you're using. Make this standard for all abilities, and include a much wider range of animations. Having around 5 - 7 animations per possible ability, would keep the visual of the game fresh, as I prefer to play the game watching my character, then staring at my UI.

Deleted
    Put that foundry system from neverwinter and the guild/personal dimensions from Rift into the game. maybe not for everyone, but, in implimented in a good (epic) way, that wold be aweseome
    Last edited by mmoc95d897233e; 2013-05-14 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    I would redesign crafting professions and turn them into minigames.

For example:

_ When you want to create a dress (cloth or leather), the patron appears on screen (in 2D), and you'll have to follow the lines with your mouse.
    _ When you forge a weapon, a jauge with a moving cursor and a button pop near the anvil and you have to click when the cursor is in the middle.
    _ When you do a flask, you have to put the different mats in a cauldron and stop when you think the color is ok.
    etc. etc.

If you fail, you just get an average item (no need to be too harsh). But the more you succed, the better the created item is. Of course nothing extreme (just a few extra points or elixirs that last +5% longer, or gear that need less repair etc.), but enought so that skilled crafters get known : "i heard this blacksmith craft the best shields around!".
    Last edited by mmoc130c3465fa; 2013-05-14 at 12:29 PM.

one-handed guns for Hunters, I'd totally level a hunter and act like a 'gangstah' riding around on my Mechano-Hog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    I would redesign crafting professions and turn them into minigames.

For example:

_ When you want to create a dress (cloth or leather), the patron appears on screen (in 2D), and you'll have to follow the lines with your mouse.
    _ When you forge a weapon, a jauge with a moving cursor and a button pop near the anvil and you have to click when the cursor is in the middle.
    _ When you do a flask, you have to put the different mats in a cauldron and stop when you think the color is ok.
    etc. etc.

If you fail, you just get an average item (no need to be too harsh). But the more you succed, the better the created item is. Of course nothing extreme (just a few extra points or elixirs that last +5% longer, or gear that need less repair etc.), but enought so that skilled crafters get known : "i heard this blacksmith craft the best shields around!".

I seriously wish i could up vote this.

Player created content
    level scaling
    alternate advancement system for end game
    mini games as the person im quoting said
    account wide bank, but fairly small maybe 30 slots and like a 25 gold fee to store something so u cant just abuse it.
    I would love for raid finder to move to 5 man versions instead of what it is now.
    Dynamic content like rifts, but not quite as common. Something like a big zone event every hour and random spawned events like 1 or 2 per zone.