Thread: We were right!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

We were right!

Would you say all the steps taken in MOP to protect the egos of raiders has been worth the cost of alienating casual players?
    Worry the opposite is true. When you can see most of the content and get epics from LFR, it lessens motivations to raid. (Source)
    Historically, if your guild broke up, you'd look for a new one. Now folks can just play WoW solo using LFR. Not the same experience. (Source)
    Again, this doesn't mean we're going to remove LFR. It just means it shouldn't replace other content for all. (Source)
    Well now would you look at this...All those special little snowflakes like myself...we were right all along. I kept saying this since Cata, and Blizzard finally admits they made a mistake. So now it stands true. What you earn, you appreacite much more. It also looks like the casuals are not the majority, as they so selfishly thought.

I'd love to have your opinion on the way to bring back Raid Attunements
    We've talked about them a lot. Like many features, we went from one extreme to another. Might be a sweet spot.
    Yet again. We were right!

It's nice to have some validation after so long. Please don't think I hate casual players. They are a great gaming crowd. However you don't focus content, on the group of people, who are most likely not to stick around.

In closing we were right!

Surely only positive things can come from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerguy3223 View Post
    Well now would you look at this...All those special little snowflakes like myself...we were right all along. I kept saying this since Cata, and Blizzard finally admits they made a mistake. So now it stands true. What you earn, you appreacite much more. It also looks like the casuals are not the majority, as they so selfishly thought.

It's nice to have some validation after so long. Please don't think I hate casual players. They are a great gaming crowd. However you don't focus content, on the group of people, who are most likely not to stick around.

Con..grats?

They already had admitted they made mistakes when Cata ended.

They also already admit whenever they fuck up and critique themselves.

But yay? You showed them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here, have a cookie!

EDIT: switched to more delicious, more chocolatey cookie

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-14 at 01:57 PM.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Nor do you focus your efforts on a small minority that want super challenging content to feel important and better than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Here, have a cookie!

mmmmmm thanks for the cookie. Did you make it yourself? Whats the recipe?

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Nor do you focus your efforts on a small minority that want super challenging content to feel important and better than everyone else.
    This is true. You focus on everyone type of player, which Blizzard has not been doing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

It's hard to change something without making some mistakes.
    You seem to labor under the illusion that mistakes are never made just because people have lots of money to spend or something.

Every expansion, Blizzard has done some good things and some bad things. It comes with the territory.

Deleted
    Bring back TBC!

I don't think many people have seriously argued that the issues mentioned in the blue post aren't a thing. It's just a case of them being issues that aren't easily resolved without making the game a heck of a lot worse for casual players again.

As the poster mentioned, there's a sweet spot to be found, but we're closer to it now than we were pre-4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Beargrylls View Post
    Bring back TBC!
    What this man said!

Yay, now go away until the next quarterly report when you can run rampant on the boards screaming about why your reason is the reason why wow lost subs. This quarterly report hater-aid is getting pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Here, have a cookie

EDIT: switched to more delicious, more chocolatey cookie
    Wow, that cookie looks pretty good. I kinda want one. :|

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...36612869083137
    Agreed that removing daily limit was a mistake. Not sure we made the right call with 10 vs. 25.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...36721711284224
    By which I mean, we were trying to "fix" the ICC model, but maybe it was okay in retrospect.
    HAHAHAHA. I been waiting to hear this since patch 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's hard to change something without making some mistakes.
    You seem to labor under the illusion that mistakes are never made just because people have lots of money to spend or something.

Every expansion, Blizzard has done some good things and some bad things. It comes with the territory.
    I fully agree. The game got off track in Cata for some reason. I hope we get back on track sooner than later.

I don't get the op. He's happy they feel they could do a better job with LFR?

Surely he wouldn't be happy if they removed LFR at this point and tons of players quit. Myself included.

Oh and "What you earn, you appreacite much more" You mean the new 5 mans that would come every patch and give us gear equal to last tier was hard to earn? I think LFR is harder than those were. Also OP thinks there are more hardcores than casuals now, I lol'd. Still a special snowflake, op.

I really hope they don't try to bring back the "social" aspect of this game, cause the internet in general now is a horrible place to be social. For instance, look at these forums. Look at your LFR you'll run tonight. Oh god. Everyone just wants to be a jerk behind a computer screen.

OP, worry more about what you enjoy in the game, not what others do. you'll be a happier person.

This is true. You focus on everyone type of player, which Blizzard has not been doing.
    Right, because only LFR ToT exists.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yay, now go away until the next quarterly report when you can run rampant on the boards screaming about why your reason is the reason why wow lost subs. This quarterly report hater-aid is getting pretty sad.
    Nah, think I am gonna stay a while. Your sunglasses are pretty. They bring out your feminine side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right about what? That the MAJORITY of wow players don't want to raid to a set standard of time but when they feel like in with LFR. If blizzard changes raiding now they are going to regret it. If they change LFR now all those people who just do that now will NOT just go find a raiding guild like you think, they will just stop playing wow.

I still don't understand what the OP is talking about...
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Your first mistake is assuming that these are the only factors that drive folks to defeat challenging content.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Right, because only LFR ToT exists.
    Lol, OP is one of the many on this forum who just don't want others to have purples. It's happening far too much. Even though his gear would say "Heroic" on it, it's not enough. I feel bad for those who live a life so empty, the pixels someone else has makes another angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Right about what? That the MAJORITY of wow players don't want to raid to a set standard of time but when they feel like in with LFR. If blizzard changes raiding now they are going to regret it. If they change LFR now all those people who just do that now will NOT just go find a raiding guild like you think, they will just stop playing wow.

I still don't understand what the OP is talking about...
    ^ yep. I'd personally quit and go to Rift or something. They gave us a great feature, hopefully they don't let these people ruin it.