Heroic Primordius Positioning Help

I'm looking for some pointers on how best to position Primordius to maximize dps and limit mutations. We have been kiting in a circle just outside the middle ring and move him at a pretty quick pace but it feels like a lot more movement than I see in videos. Other than the slimes necessary for mutations how many shoułd we be killing? We seem to have very inconsistent dps on this fight and I'm just looking for ways to optimize.

For reference, he is usually at mutation level 7 around the 6 minute mark.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    I'm looking for some pointers on how best to position Primordius to maximize dps and limit mutations. We have been kiting in a circle just outside the middle ring and move him at a pretty quick pace but it feels like a lot more movement than I see in videos. Other than the slimes necessary for mutations how many shoułd we be killing? We seem to have very inconsistent dps on this fight and I'm just looking for ways to optimize.

For reference, he is usually at mutation level 7 around the 6 minute mark.

Sup Aerz! Long time no talk and stuff.

Obviously, it's a little different from 10 to 25 man, but the concept is the same. I normally keep the boss in the middle until one or two purple puddles spawn, kite the boss close to the middle ring, stack the debuff to around 10-11, then swap to Horrors. Sometimes the fight requires quick movement for those "surprise" purple puddles but it shouldn't be too fast. People should focus on getting mutated ASAP without getting too many bad buffs, then blow lust once everyone has their buffs. Any DoT class should be dotting the crap out of the oozes until about 15%, then just nuke the boss.

If damage is an issue, PM some logs and I'll take a look.

"I am Rei Shen, prease!!"

Appreciate the response Pork. Glad to see you doing well.

I would describe our kiting as constant movement at a pretty quick speed midway between the border of the inner ring and the walls. But I've seen some people who never pull him off that inner ring edge. It seems they move him, keep him still for 10-20 seconds, move, repeat. With that movement though it seems the slimed never grouo up for cleave (we usually have an ele shaman) or should we just worry about double dotters clearing the front path and ignore slimes behind?

10+ Year Old Account
    The slimes should be dying mainly behind the boss, that way you don't get a random purple in front and have him soak it, and people can refresh good buffs without getting nuked by Primordial Strike. Double dotters should be on oozes both in front and behind. As long as few adds reach, you'll be fine. Of course, as the fight goes on, there will be more purples on the ground that will require your tanks to move constantly. If you have a point where the purples are far enough away from the boss, hold him still for a few seconds. Also, are you two or three healing it?
    Last edited by Prokk; 2013-05-14 at 03:10 PM.

"I am Rei Shen, prease!!"

We have a team in the back of warlocks/druids killing a ton of puddles for the raid. After the first transforms end, those players should be quick to getting re-transformed. The challenge is the next transform, which can be a bit more rough since your ooze team won't be mutated this time. If you can keep up with the puddles for the 2nd re-transform, you're in good shape.

The first night we were three healing with our Mage in. We had a 12% wipe at the 6:25 mark do we were hopeful for a kill the next night. The Mage had Internet problems the next night so we had our ele shaman in (no crit buff) and dps was substantially worse but we don't really know why. Due to the lower dps we tried 2 healing a few attempts new made it about 6:30 2 healing before we ran out of mana but the boss was nowhere near dying.

Here is the log from the first night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=69017

And here is the second night where we tried lots if different things (ele full time slimes, 2 healing, mistweaver killing slimes everyone else tunneling, etc): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=69017