Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    That question has been asked by me 4 or 5 times and never answered...
    IMO it cant be answered because the only honest answer is: so they can talk shit and pretend they have some kind of great ability at life because they find it easier to manipulate pixels on a computer screen better than most.

/shrug
    Because they lose what little they have left since often RL is also a sad miserble fate.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    well then i'd be out of a job Guess I'll go build a ret set. I keep my tanks alive. I do my job and my guild is happy and I know I"m a good player. Not perfect but good. Getting insulted on forums is not pleasant though.
    Well hell, if you are the tank healer you are doing a fantastic job. People who try to compare a tank healer to a raid healer are just Fing dumb. Keep up the good work sir and tell the trolls to piss off ^_^d

actually me being a holy pally, i can see where his hps is low and others pick up the heals. the damage is there to be healed and the others are healing it first. is he terrible, no he is not. are there things based on logs that can be done to improve it, yes there is. would it also help pick up the healing for the times his raid stands in more shit and needs to be healed to stay alive. absolutely. thus the progression rate would be faster for his guild. i personally dwarf the number of holy shocks he does which is the #1 priority heal for holy paladins. but then again, i will admit i try to be the best in every raid my competitive nature i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    actually me being a holy pally, i can see where his hps is low and others pick up the heals. the damage is there to be healed and the others are healing it first. is he terrible, no he is not. are there things based on logs that can be done to improve it, yes there is. would it also help pick up the healing for the times his raid stands in more shit and needs to be healed to stay alive. absolutely. thus the progression rate would be faster for his guild. i personally dwarf the number of holy shocks he does which is the #1 priority heal for holy paladins. but then again, i will admit i try to be the best in every raid my competitive nature i guess

I'm not rocking 4 set. My Hshock is on old school cooldown. I look into using it more effectively. I basically use it on cooldown but I guess I'm missing it by a few seconds. Sometimes I'm in the middle of a cast or sometimes my focus is divided trying to do things like for spectrum phase I'm trying to keep an eye out for the add. Mechanics are often dividing my attention 10 ways from sunday so it's hard to always be on top of everything. I never said I was amazing but I'm not bad and to be insulted like that is ridiculous. I'm not assigned to raid heal, I'm given the job of tank healing and that's what I do. The progression rate for our guild would be faster if we raided more. We don't. That's fine.

Giving out that log was the worst mistake I ever made. Now every tom dick and asshole in this forum thinks they know better. I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-16 at 10:27 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

i wasnt rude at all. i didnt insult at all. if you take it that way i apologize, i just said i thought there was room for improvement was all. thats not being a dick. i only have a 2 pc not 4 piece as well, hell i dont even have a 3 piece lol. i wasnt flaming at all sir so once again if you see me saying that there was room to improve as being rude i apologize but it wasnt my intention.

10+ Year Old Account
    naw that wasn't for you dude. Your absolutely right, theirs always room to improve. I know where my weak spots are. Like on Durumu if I get the red beam I'm trying ot keep an eye out for the adds and my focus goes to that. Being able to divide your attention 10 ways from sunday gets difficult at times. Honest when that red beam comes up and I'm in it I'm just trying to get the phase over and done with asap. Like if that phase goes down smoother and quicker it ends up being less healing overall. We get more dps time on the boss before the maze and really in between spectrum phases theirs basically no healing required except for tanks. Even the tanks we can BoP the stacks of shit off them.

I was talking about 4 piece from the previous tier it gave you cheap holy shocks.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    well then i'd be out of a job Guess I'll go build a ret set. I keep my tanks alive. I do my job and my guild is happy and I know I"m a good player. Not perfect but good. Getting insulted on forums is not pleasant though.
    Judging a healer's end results by only looking at his/her's HPS output and overheal is whacked, anyhow. Initially, some people don't know how to read any type of log or parse. They look to see if you're filling your raid with "big spammy numbers." If your reaction time is good and you keep your assigned targets alive, while cross healing where needed, you are gold in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Judging a healer's end results by only looking at his/her's HPS output and overheal is whacked, anyhow. Initially, some people don't know how to read any type of log or parse. They look to see if you're filling your raid with "big spammy numbers." If your reaction time is good and you keep your assigned targets alive, while cross healing where needed, you are gold in my book.
    That's what I try and do. My job is the tanks and I do it. If it looks like a dps is gonna die and my priorities are at full hp or topped up and in no immediate danger and I have a wog/hshock/Iol cast I give it to that dps. The odd time I will hard cast to, cross healing sometimes works at cross purposes but the other two healers and I have do our jobs well. Healing is all about making judgement calls. When the boss is also asking to you keep an eye out for whatever mechanic he's got (especially when it gets really complicated) those judgement calls won't always be correct. I'll fully admit that. But like boats against the current you beat on ever forward in the hope that tmmrws leap will be the leap home
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-16 at 10:37 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

i actually ditched my old 4 piece the moment i could because i didnt want to rely on the 2 sec holy shock decrease. that was straight op and when i removed it i almost cried......

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:36 PM ----------

btw our item levels are identical lol.....almost to the exact pieces as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Normal mode Dragon Soul was an absolute joke and if thats the benchmark for what normal raiding should be like I quit right now.
    You've cleared the instance a grand total of once, and only managed to do this four days ago. :-\

No, you are wrong. It means there is a a large jump in the difficulties and the gap needs to be bridged. It means that normal is to hard IN COMPARISON to LFR. I think LFR is just way to faceroll easy. You can literally ignore MOST mechanics.
    I think a better statement would have been, "No, I disagree," since I don't think anyone appointed you arbiter of what is right and what is wrong.

With that said, LFR is designed to be very easy (although the suffering a few of my friends have gone through on LFR Lei Shen would seem to belie that) because you are doing it with total strangers, with no real quality checks on their gear or ability. It's designed that way, and it is working correctly for what it was designed to do.

But the jump between LFR and Normal raiding IS too big. It's too big for a lot of small, casual guilds. Does that mean that they should just quit? Seriously? :-\
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    But the jump between LFR and Normal raiding IS too big. It's too big for a lot of small, casual guilds. Does that mean that they should just quit? Seriously? :-\
    Why is quitting the only option they have? Are they incapable of figuring out why their play isn't allowing them to kill the boss and change what they're doing? I wonder why all the people complaining "Boss X is overtuned" never post a World of Logs for their group and ask for advice on what they can do differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Why is quitting the only option they have? Are they incapable of figuring out why their play isn't allowing them to kill the boss and change what they're doing? I wonder why all the people complaining "Boss X is overtuned" never post a World of Logs for their group and ask for advice on what they can do differently.
    Probably has something to do with not wanting to ditch their friends who simply can't keep up. They want to be able to play with their friends, but sitting on the second or third boss in the instance for 1-2 months as a casual guild is a recipe for disaster.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

But there are options other than replacing their friends. How about giving them resources that help them improve their play? When someone is underperforming on a casual high school sports team, the coach doesn't immediately think about benching that person. Instead they try to help that person improve. Why is educating instead of replacing not the first thing guilds do with underperforming raiders?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instead they try to help that person improve. Why is educating instead of replacing not the first thing guilds do with underperforming raiders?
    most raid leads I have xp with dont immediatly bench

Its only after the person recivies criticism for whatever reason but they still fail to improve
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Why is quitting the only option they have? Are they incapable of figuring out why their play isn't allowing them to kill the boss and change what they're doing?
    You make a very good point. The only answer is that we dont know the answer. There are as many reasons people quit as stars in the sky... the only thing we do know is that raiders numbers have plummeted and so have overall subs.
    No one here has the answer but there are some decent ideas... what I can guarentee is that the advice of the "get better or get out" crowd wont be what Blizz follows in the future as they are a buisness and telling customers to "deal with it or gtfo" isnt the way to make money in this day and age.

I apologise if this has been said in this thread before but I got to about page 20 and skipped ahead. If you take a look at the options for boss fights in DBM it shows quite well how fights have become more complicated as WoW has developed.

Little to do with how hard it is and a lot to do with how 99% of "raiders" just hop around transferring from guild to guild/server to server. There is zero stability in 99% of all guilds anymore because every raider thinks they are Gods gift to raiding

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiman View Post
    If you take a look at the options for boss fights in DBM it shows quite well how fights have become more complicated as WoW has developed.
    well if your tank, dps, or healer, you only have to worry about some of those, not all

But yeah, mechanic-wise WoW has progressed

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EyeForAnEye View Post
    er. There is zero stability in 99% of all guilds anymore because every raider thinks they are Gods gift to raiding
    lol, same warning someone told me before i x-ferred to Area 52
    That people will be more flaky because they know it isnt too hard to find a new guild

But so far havent had trouble with that yet

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    "deal with it or gtfo" i
    its hardly that if there is a lower difficulty for those who arnt up to scratch
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    But there are options other than replacing their friends. How about giving them resources that help them improve their play? When someone is underperforming on a casual high school sports team, the coach doesn't immediately think about benching that person. Instead they try to help that person improve. Why is educating instead of replacing not the first thing guilds do with underperforming raiders?
    There are some people that no matter how much you educate them, they will never be any better. There's nothing you can do for them - they ARE skill capped. The difference is, in TBC and WotLK, you could "carry" those people. You can't do that now, especially in a 10 man. Which is great for the more hardcore mindset, but isn't that what heroic content was for?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    There's nothing you can do for them - they ARE skill capped.
    lol, there is no such thing as a skill cap.
    They just dont have the desire/motivation to improve