Poll: Do you think Heirloom items should be true BATT.NET account items?

Thread: Heirloom ?

15+ Year Old Account

Heirloom ?

OK so all the heirloom items we get are basically saved to that specific realm, but they are labeled as BATTLE.NET Account items. if they were truly a BATTLE.NET account item wouldn't they be tied to the account and not the realm?

Do you think heirloom items should be true BATTLE.NET account items and be able to pass them to any character on any realm?

I'd like to hear from fellow players who have characters on multiple realms.
    Zift

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see it in the same respect as mounts/pets. Definitely. After I've poured the kind of costs into it, including upgrading some 20k worth of heirlooms to 85

Heirlooms really don't make the experience much faster for me, so I would say I don't really care. They almost seem like a placebo put into place to make leveling seem less tedious.

Yes, they know it doesn't make sense. Yes, they'd like to make it so they are usable on the entire account.

No, it's not worth taking the development time inventing new tech to transfer items between realms in order to do it.

They are actually tied to the Battle.net account though, the simple fact you can send them to other WoW accounts you have with characters on the same server is proof enough.

I suspect the lack of cross-realm boas is more of a technical issue at this point in time, one they have probably been looking into coming up with a decent solution to for a while now.

Deleted
    I've got 1-2 of each kind of heirloom, but they're spread over 2 servers since I took about half of my heirloom collection with my paladin on my server transfer. so I definitely wouldn't mind cross realm heirlooms.

the problem is, though, that currently all items and currency are programmatically character bound, and characters are programmatically server bound, so heirlooms are programmatically server bound as well. they need to add extra tech to allow these heirlooms to be account bound instead of character bound, like mounts are. however, unlike mounts, items require a character as well.

what I'd do is instead of making the heirlooms account bound, is to add achievements (or an on use item like the commendations) that reward bonus EXP on all EXP gains, along with a damage buff below max level, for every character on your account that is max level. that way, you can emulate the effect of heirlooms across all classes, but still require a max level character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    OK so all the heirloom items we get are basically saved to that specific realm, but they are labeled as BATTLE.NET Account items. if they were truly a BATTLE.NET account item wouldn't they be tied to the account and not the realm?
    A limitation tied with a in-game limitation, which is, you can't sent items to other realm... If you could, account items would be suitable to be mailled to another toon in a diferent realm.

At this time, whille CRZ have being working since the beggining of MoP, you can't realm transfer items (that includes gold) without a full toon trnsfer

Do you think heirloom items should be true BATTLE.NET account items and be able to pass them to any character on any realm?
    They are already true Bnet bound, the limitations its only in trnsfering items through diferent servers... I believe they are afraid about economical server balance if they allow items or gold to be transfered.

Another problem is the toon naming, whille you are forced to give always a diferent name to a toon in a server, you can still have several toons with same name in diferent servers... Try for instance do a toon search for ''Lim'' in the EU WoW site... You have 226 diferent toons with same name spread all around EU servers . Only one its mine, not going to say wich one.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Heirlooms really don't make the experience much faster for me, so I would say I don't really care. They almost seem like a placebo put into place to make leveling seem less tedious.
    You think 50% isn't faster...?

Head 10%
    Cloak 5%
    Chest 10%
    Shoulder 10%
    Pants 10%
    Ring 5%(although not many use it!)

Getting 1.4k exp instead of ~930 per mob in Northrend.

If you level once per 1 hour without, you could level 3 times in 2 hours with looms(In Northrend for example).

Along with using the +300%(was it?) potions during Cata content to get 84-85 in literally 5 mins or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell I wish I could.
    I ran into some great people from the Hellscream server a few weeks back on my hunter and ran a few heroics (hell they kept me in group even after I announced I'd have crappy dps after just dinging 90). After talking to the husband (it was a married couple turns out) about possibly creating a toon over there I found out the false advertising for the "BATTLE.NET Account Bound" label for the heirlooms. Granted I can level without them but it sure as hell helps.

I hope Blizz pushes it into effect soon where you can mail CRZ for the heirlooms.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

I'd like to hear from fellow players who have characters on multiple realms.
    Well sure, who isn't going to like such a feature. Well some will probably say that its fun rolling on a new server with no heirlooms and a higher level toon to supply you with mats, bags, etc.

But the simple reason Blizzard will not do it is cause people are willing to pay for Character transfers to have access to their heirlooms. It is not in Blizzard's best interest to make it BOA. Don't tell me it can't be done. Pets, Mounts and many more such features are BOA. It works. Of course Blizzard have to come up with excuses.

So many people even suggested different avenues to look into like having Heirloom vendors at the starting zones so if you unlock it and have access to it on one toon then all your characters on the same account should be able to access the vendor. Some even suggested something similar to how titles work. But blizzard will not cave in as long as people are willing to pay $25-$30 for transferring characters. Blizzard can give all the excuses why it isn't possible or that they are working on the best solution, but that is the clear answer.

I'm currently leveling a Shaman and DK on a server that I don't have my Plate and Mail Heirlooms. I'm saving us Honor and Justice Point for when 5.3 goes live. I really wish that there was not only a way move or access on different server but also a way to just keep track of where your Heirlooms are. I am glad that Heirlooms got changed to Battle.net bound because I have 2 accounts.