Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    If you let overload get to level 2, does having two tanks solo cause any issues with overloads in the transition? Are there three of them, and will one of them target the tank, or would you get two on the same quadrant? I guess I never have seen it at 3, so I suppose I'm just mistaken in assuming there'd be 3.
    if conduit is at lvl 2, u get 3 overloads and they cant target tanks. so it would target players on 1 platform -> wipe

Hey guys, we've been on this boss for a couple of nights now and although we can scrape through the first transition, it is always dicey and we're still losing half our tries to it. Just wondering what groupings you would suggest to see if we can make it smoother for ourselves.

Comp is:

Tanks: DK, Prot Warrior
    DPS: Mage, Hunter, Feral, Warlock, Elemental, Spriest.
    Healers: Disc, Monk.

Thanks in advance.

We had done the usual 1tank + person who can solo soak in two of the quadrants, the other quadrants would have 3 people.

EG your monk, mage, s-priest, and hunter likely can pair with a tank. EG monk can zen meditation, then diffuse magic the other. Mage can iceblock/greater-invis, and if they get an unlucky streak by 2nd transition the tank may be able to cd them and help them live through it. Same goes for the others, I don't know if you'll survive but you guys can crunch the numbers.

All that aside I do have a few useful tips

#1, the first static shock is always easy due to likely having 100% health. Therefore save your cds for the possibility of second static shock. EG barrier/amz/etc.

#2, grounding totem won't prevent the add but it can prevent the 380k that the diffusion chain hits for in 2nd transition, as well as help prevent people derping up the stacking (place totem - then teleport it 10yards from the group). Obviously works on people in your 5 man party only. You can totem both diffusion chains in transition. It has a 30yard maximum redirecting range.

#3, an obvious one but void tendrils will root a diffusion add the full duration
    Last edited by Justusy; 2013-06-24 at 01:20 AM.

Were failing hard core on p1 Transition doing 2 2 3 3 (usually mage dies but its still super sketchy all around for everyone) Are these groups wrong or does 2 2 3 3 just suck in general?

Bear + Ret Paladin
    Protadin + Mage
    2x Hunters + Mistweaver
    Warlock + Disc + Unholy DK

Comp: Bear Protadin / Disc Mistweaver / 2x Hunters Warlock Mage Retadin DK

Deleted
    For our kill we went with 1-2-3-4 for the first trans, and 2-4-4 for the second.

1st Trans:

Bear
    Rogue + Blood DK
    Disc Priest + Shadow Priest + Mage
    HPaladin + Warlock + Ele Shaman + Fury Warrior

2nd Trans:

Bear + Rogue
    Disc Priest + Shadow Priest + Mage + Blood DK
    HPaladin + Warlock + Ele Shaman + Fury Warrior

We tried other combinations but this is what worked for us. Sometimes coming out of the first transition we'd have a bouncing add up if the druid got 2 bouncing balls, but it's not that bad. Most of the time he preferred it as it gave him something to gain rage from to heal up if he had Helm of command.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Were failing hard core on p1 Transition doing 2 2 3 3 (usually mage dies but its still super sketchy all around for everyone) Are these groups wrong or does 2 2 3 3 just suck in general?

Bear + Ret Paladin
    Protadin + Mage
    2x Hunters + Mistweaver
    Warlock + Disc + Unholy DK

Comp: Bear Protadin / Disc Mistweaver / 2x Hunters Warlock Mage Retadin DK
    Try having your protadin or bear solo and throw the mage in another group.

We had our brewmaster take a plattform solo, but he nearly always got a 2nd helm of command + double spawn of bouncing ball, resulting in plenty of adds.
    Is this plattform specific and can be prevented?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    We had our brewmaster take a plattform solo, but he nearly always got a 2nd helm of command + double spawn of bouncing ball, resulting in plenty of adds.
    Is this plattform specific and can be prevented?
    I was in the same spot, you have to soak 1 bouncing even if you get helm. Transcendence is a lifesaver.
    When I got 1 add I would get it close to a range group so they can help me kill it because tanking two could get hairy.

It might seem hard but there's really no situation where you are just straight up boned.

http://www.twitch.tv/iinodruid/c/2392678

After 20-30 pulls or so I pulled off these kinds of saves out of muscle memory.

Deleted
    Hi guys,

Can you give me any advices for the placement on the transitions with this compo :

- Pal prot / War prot
    - Pal holy / Druid resto (with symbiosis on hunter)
    - DK frost / Fire mage / Hunt / Rogue / SP / Chaman Elem

We try to desactivate static shock first and we take this placement :

first transition :
    - Pal prot / Mage
    - rogue / hunt
    - SP / druid / cham
    - pal holy / war prot / DK

second transition (never test at this moment), i thinked try this :

- Pal prot / Mage
    - Pal holy / Hunt / Rogue
    - Rest

It is a good strategy ? With ur compo, the best is to desactivate static shock first or go to an another ?

Lei shen do habilities of pillars activated in P3 ?

Ty for your help (and sorry for faults in my english)

Deleted
    I have couple questions. So Diffuse chain cant hit melee players even in transition? And in p2/p3 we should stack 7 players melee, 3 to range so only 3 balls sapwn and then healers/ranged dps spread so diffuse chain wont hit all stacked players? And if 7 players are stacked thunderstruck will only be targeted by those 3 players that are away from stack or is this the reason why other rangeds should go far from melee so thunderstruck wont target melee group?

Our comp is:

- 2x prot pala

- Resto druid
    -Holy pala

-Shadow priest (disc os)
    -Mage
    -Warlock
    -Ele Shaman

-Windwalker monk (mist os)
    -Rogue

We also have Dk but hes been on sitout in this fight.

In first transitio we put holy pala, mage and monk on one quadrant, tank solo other, druid, warlock and shaman on third and rogue, other tank and priest on last one.
    mage/monk/pala quadrant is doing fine without much problems but druid/warlock/shaman is dying alot for add/static shock and diffuse add. If druid gets helm he cant heal and if add is alive it might kill someone there or they are not just killing him fast enough?

We have progressed this boss only 4 hour so far but when we get past first transition we die kinda fast in p2. We all just went stack when ball lightnings came and died but answering questions i wroted first should fix this issue.

And what you suggest on last transition how we should place our players?

With the current level of gear being in the state that it is with legendary cloaks, legendary metas, item upgrades, ect, is it viable to 3 heal this now, or is 2 healing still superior?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    With the current level of gear being in the state that it is with legendary cloaks, legendary metas, item upgrades, ect, is it viable to 3 heal this now, or is 2 healing still superior?
    We 3 healed 2 weeks ago. It didn't go well, but he did eventually die. I think we also had 2 new people in, which you can really feel on this fight.

I'd stick with 2 heals if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    The fight is all about tunneling timers and dealing with mechanics. There are a few soft enrages in the fight, but you shouldn't be hitting these at this point (esp in 10 man). The fight is very possibly solo healable. I Solo healed through 3-4 thunderstrucks when our priest healer and 2 dps died on the first one. Making the fight as short as possible means less time for someone to make a mistake. Therefore I highly suggest staying with the 2 healers.

Fights like Garalon adding extra healers can make the fight easier minus the enrage where as fights like lei shen will probably end up making them harder.

Deleted
    We are currently having a go at Lei Shen HC. After like 1 or 2 hours of tries we get through transition 1 into phase 2. But then the balls rape us (yes, we force 3 only). We tried our priest Void Tendril them, but they seem to be immune to that. We currently use the Ursols Vortex, but that can only be used once every other ballspawn.

The setup we use:
    Tanks: Monk, Warrior
    Healers: Shaman, Priest
    DPS: Boomkin, Retri, 2x Mage, Rogue, Hunter

Any ideas how we can CC/stackup the balls without them killing a few people? Does the shaman root work? Or maybe Deep Freeze (we have both mages going fire, but I guess we could make one frost)? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc38b65387c3; 2013-06-26 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post
    Any ideas how we can CC/stackup the balls without them killing a few people? Does the shaman root work? Or maybe Deep Freeze (we have both mages going fire, but I guess we could make one frost)? Thanks in advance
    Monk = Leg sweep, kick, thing.
    Warrior = Shockwave.

DO NOT STACK TO MUCH!!

Very important, losely spread around the boss, the goes for melee aswell as it'll fuck you up royally. Other then that stun em as much as you can. We don't use vortex or any DK grip thing either. Have to agree those balls are generally not nice but aslong as people arent stacked up it's nothing to bad.

Hi all 2 quick questions (10m)!

1.) Does Static Shock damage increase at all or is it just a flat out 520k damage like dungeon journal says, for the entire fight including both transitions?
    2.) We failed super bad doing 2 2 3 3 last week, Raid Leader wanted to try a 1 1 4 4 strat (tanks both = 1) and then he said everyone in groups of 4 stack and only spread for diffusion chain. Does this sound viable or are we missing something? Haven't heard of 1 1 4 4 before, pretty sure were over complicating this fight quite a bit :P

Thanks for input lol

**Just to clarify each group of 4 would have 1 healer in it and we would split diffusion damage every time between 4 players, only time we would solo soak is during balls since people will be running around soaking them up**

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Hi all 2 quick questions (10m)!

1.) Does Static Shock damage increase at all or is it just a flat out 520k damage like dungeon journal says, for the entire fight including both transitions?
    2.) We failed super bad doing 2 2 3 3 last week, Raid Leader wanted to try a 1 1 4 4 strat (tanks both = 1) and then he said everyone in groups of 4 stack and only spread for diffusion chain. Does this sound viable or are we missing something? Haven't heard of 1 1 4 4 before, pretty sure were over complicating this fight quite a bit :P

Thanks for input lol

**Just to clarify each group of 4 would have 1 healer in it and we would split diffusion damage every time between 4 players, only time we would solo soak is during balls since people will be running around soaking them up**
    1) it increases based on the power and level of the conduit. roughly 750k damage at Lv1 and 1.5M damage at Lv2
    2) whatever works better for your group. note that tanks are eligible targets of helm of command, so if your 1 guy gets helm and 1 or 2 bouncing bolts spawn in his quadrant it's going to get very messy

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    After ball lightning spawns just loosely spread. As long as people aren't getting hit by multiple of them at a time you won't have problems. The damage comes when two of them land on multiple people (or more).

If you lack AoE grip or a lot of ursols but still force three the majority of the time, just single target/AoE stun them and hard focus them. AoE is still king but whatever it takes to kill the balls quicker will stop so much extra damage and frustration. The only way you can realistically mess up the second or last phase is allowing balls to be up far too long while you're doing other mechanics at the same time.

Of course a badly placed thunderstruck or the entire raid chaining diffusion will wipe you in P3 as well, but those are much more controllable. If it requires people to single target down the ball lightnings do it.

Deleted
    Hi all, after several hours of tries, I have two questions: How would you split the group in the first / second transition and why?

Our currently comp:
    1. Prot Pala, Prot Warri
    2. Mistweaver, Warlock
    3. Disci, Mage, Moonkin
    4. Hunter, Ret, Shadow

Apart from rare combos, like Helm + Overcharge in nearly the same moment, the half of our wipes are in the first transition especially in the third quadrant.
    eg. Diffusion-Add Mage + Helm Disci + 2 x Bouncing Bolts (Add still alive). Any tipps?

Thanks in advance for all tips and help

Salesha

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prot Paladin solo.
    Prot Warrior and Retribution in the one next to the Prot Paladin.
    Mistweaver, Warlock and Hunter in one.
    Disc, mage, balance and shadow in the last one.

Ideally I like doing a 2/2/3/3 split and you still could pair your Mage/Hunter with your Prot Paladin for the first transition if you like. The reason I like to have melee exclusively in two quadrants is because diffusion chain can't happen and thus those platforms don't have to deal with extra damage. This makes sense because you won't have a healer in that quadrant.

You will likely wipe if your prot paladin gets two helms in a row, but this is incredibly rare and you will just have to suck it up.

In the event your prot paladin gets two bouncing bolts you're going to have one add spawn. This is unavoidable but really it isn't that big of a deal. Have your Warrior from the quadrant next to the prot paladin taunt the add over and have them kill it.

Mistweaver, lock and hunter I put in the same quadrant because they all have immunities and don't need help with helm of command. If someone gets static twice in a row you will need to stack, but three people topped off should easily deal with it.

Last quadrant will have 4 people. Have your lock setup his gateway from the front to the back of this quadrant, even though he won't physically be in this platform. This will help those in the platform that need help with helm (priests). For static you have four people which means it's a non-issue. Some in that group can solo soak and some can't, adjust accordingly.

Diffusion always happens the same every single time. The first diffusion happens before the first overload (no problem just stay spread out). The second diffusion happens after the second overload. So basically when overload happens stay spread out loosely around the overloaded target and as soon as diffusion goes out (whether it's on your platform or another) you immediately run in).

Remember diffusion adds FIXATE on their targets. If you have a lot of find yourself in a bind you can root or void tendril the adds. Void tendrils are amazing because they won't attack them and you can safely pelt them from range.

For the second transition I would put both tanks and your ret in the same quadrant and keep the same quadrants from P1. This one should be slightly easier with less RNG.