Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Lei Shen 10M HC Tips?

The Dark Animus 10hc topic was quite useful so I figured perhaps people have some advice for lei shen 10hc.

Currently getting to the second transition, getting past the first transition without casualties is our current main issue so we waste alot of attempts on that.
    Any input overall is welcome tho.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-05-14 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    The Dark Animus 10hc topic was quite useful so I figured perhaps people have some advice for lei shen 10hc.

Currently getting to the second transition, getting past the first transition without casualties is our current main issue so we waste alot of attempts on that.
    Any input overall is welcome tho.
    Pull the boss.
    Pull the boss more.
    Pull the boss even more.
    Pull the boss even more than the last pulls of the boss.
    Kill.

There isn't any really tips I could provide because you didn't provide any information to go off of. "Hey, any tips for Lei Shen?"

"Yes, start encounter, make his HPs go down before all of yours go down. Loot."

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Pull the boss.
    Pull the boss more.
    Pull the boss even more.
    Kill.

There isn't any really tips I could provide because you didn't provide any information to go off of. "Hey, any tips for Lei Shen?"

"Yes, start encounter, make his HPs go down before all of yours go down. Loot."
    Well I ment quality of life tips, like on durumu you can ground the parasite, things like that. (dont get me wrong maybe there aren't any)
    But if you got specific advice on how to avoid random deaths due to a combination of a corner bouncing ball soak while having helm and no one able to get it intime, go on.

Deleted
    gogo nuckels you bad paladin you!

p.s. Theres no really good tips regarding transitions i have seen or heard, only in phases, such as making thunderstruck happen in certain places to reduce damage(i.e all range stack at the left side of quadrant so u can move to next quadrant with as little dmg taken as possible/more accessible tank healing..- apart from on diffusion quad ofc).... crap like that, in the first transition try and make static shocks powerup to be the lowest you possibly can so it hits less........

Also tips for resto druids if you take it, but ur prolly running disc/pala, if you take a warlock, symbi them, makes helm of command a wee bit easier to deal with, static shock should not be shotting your groups anyways, so the need to deflection if u have a hunter isnt really important
    I have seen most healer priests using halo here over cascade as well.

Also phase 3 maintain a nice minimalistic spread on either side, have warlock drop portal either side of the quadrant you will be stood in, so when thunderstruck happens the range at one side can port over to the other, and back again when it explodes.

really had alot of talks with friends about this fight and a lot of videos watched and can clearly see it will be trial and error for you during the first two phases, just try and save mana as much as possible etc.
    Last edited by mmoc04a262c40c; 2013-05-14 at 03:33 PM.

Best advice is Brewmaster, DK, Demo Lock.
    GG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyphyn View Post
    Best advice is Brewmaster, DK, Demo Lock.
    GG.
    This! /10 char

Infracted; Don't spam. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-29 at 05:58 AM.

Any tips on healing transitions? We make it into the transition fairly consistently, but healing the 4 quadrants is pretty difficult with only 2 healers. We currently have hybrids on the 2 platforms without healers. Is this enough? or should healers be moving between two platforms?

Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    This! /10 char
    The dk for aoe grip and the demo lock for the usual aoe damage portal and healthstone or somin im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    Any tips on healing transitions? We make it into the transition fairly consistently, but healing the 4 quadrants is pretty difficult with only 2 healers. We currently have hybrids on the 2 platforms without healers. Is this enough? or should healers be moving between two platforms?
    easier way is to do 3-3-3-1 and let a tank solo. if you have a paladin or a monk they should be able to solo a side. they can't be targeted by anything but helm and if you get 2 balls you soak 1 and then soak the bounce and the other tank in the 3 group just comes within range and taunts.

We split 3/3/2/2 with the 2s being one tank and someone who has an immunity, good speed boost, and a way to stay alive. For us, that's BrM/rogue and DK/ret. The BrM uses Healing Sphere to keep the rogue and himself topped up, and the ret heals himself and the DK. We also have a MW that leaves his statue in the BrM/rogue quadrant.

I wouldn't want people moving between quadrants; you'd have to move at the perfect time to avoid stacking Static Shocks or placing Overcharge badly. You may not have a choice with your comp though, so just try some different things.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-05-14 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    We havn't killed it yet but seeing low % wipes as of now, we heal with disc/druid and they take opposite corners of each other and if someone needs healing they will just have to move closer to either quadrant but never do this when overcharge is about to hit. Use healthstone etc to keep yourself topped (pretty important beacuse diffusion chain hits for 300k ish and then you have a add that will hit hard so if you're on about 300k health you're just gonna die from chain+add hit before you can react alot of the time) There's nothing stopping your healers from moving to reach people just make sure to not do it when overcharge is about to land or you will wipe most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    We split 3/3/2/2 with the 2s being one tank and someone who has an immunity, good speed boost, and a way to stay alive. For us, that's BrM/rogue and DK/ret. The BrM uses Healing Sphere to keep the rogue and himself topped up, and the ret heals himself and the DK. We also have a MW that leaves his statue in the BrM/rogue quadrant.

I wouldn't want people moving between quadrants; you'd have to move at the perfect time to avoid stacking Static Shocks or placing Overcharge badly. You may not have a choice with your comp though, so just try some different things.
    This is what it should be:

1st intermission - The monk is solo, the DK is paired with someone. That would give you a 3/4 split in the other two.
    2nd intermission - The monk is paired with a soaker for the purpose of baiting overcharges/static shocks. DK is paired, leaving 6 in that last platform.

Doing it this way is a complete joke for static shocks and overcharges because they are baited out and you will rarely get a double. If you do, its a 6 way split and use a cooldown like Devo.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    The dk for aoe grip and the demo lock for the usual aoe damage portal and healthstone or somin im missing?
    Yea pretty much and the BrM you want for their awesome aoe and single target dps + scaling with vengeance which means they will help out healing a lot, its like a paladin tank except they have way more other utilities too such as RoP too keep the balls from moving(obv this pairs well with an aoe grip from a dk, monk taunt increases movement speed on the boss which decreases raid dmg from that stacking thing between conduits by a ton.

This is what it should be:

1st intermission - The monk is solo, the DK is paired with someone. That would give you a 3/4 split in the other two.
    2nd intermission - The monk is paired with a soaker for the purpose of baiting overcharges/static shocks. DK is paired, leaving 6 in that last platform.

Doing it this way is a complete joke for static shocks and overcharges because they are baited out and you will rarely get a double. If you do, its a 6 way split and use a cooldown like Devo.
    Static Shocks are already a joke even if you have to soak it (we usually don't; lots of immunities), and baiting Overcharge to the monk quadrant in t1 just makes it even easier for the 3 groups. It also gives you additional insurance against bolts, since you can soak doubles and more easily soak a single if the monk gets helm.

We run 6/2/2 in t2 as well so we don't get multiple Overcharges in the 6 quadrant, plus guaranteed immunities for Static Shocks.

Deleted
    I havn't done it, but apparently AMZ allows you to trivialize static shocks as it applies the entire 75% to that single hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    I havn't done it, but apparently AMZ allows you to trivialize static shocks as it applies the entire 75% to that single hit.
    My guild doesnt have a DK but i really doubt this becuz i have always had the impression DKs have quite a hard time surviving them, hence why 25 mans want to have CRs up for P3 to be able to ress one of their DKs if they die, i might be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    My guild doesnt have a DK but i really doubt this becuz i have always had the impression DKs have quite a hard time surviving them, hence why 25 mans want to have CRs up for P3 to be able to ress one of their DKs if they die, i might be wrong though
    No, it works. AMZ still mitigates all damage over the (extremely low) absorb cap if it happens at the same instant. You just have to make sure nothing eats it before Static Shock goes off.

Pull the boss.
    Pull the boss more.
    Pull the boss even more.
    Kill.
    Pretty much this ^, if you run with the exact same comp, the transitions will eventually become embedded into your raid team, eg. being able to deal with every possible combination of abilities.

A tip I guess could be
    You can grounding totem the diffused lightning, the add still spawns though, but if you position it properly with totemic projection eg. away from the group you can limit the melee damage it does - thats if you stun it and kill it from range.

Ursol's votex can be used to keep the balls in melee, we alternated this + gorefiends grasp for every ball lightning - only worked out the ursols part after our kill though

With this comp: Brewmaster Monk & Prot Paladin, Holy Pala & Disc Priest, Mage Hunter Rogue Boomkin Shadowpriest and Dps warrior.

What would you guys recommend overcharging pillar wise? Currenly doing Bouncing Balls first then Diffusion Chain, but wondering if static shock be easier instead of bouncing due to more platform space in the final phase for thunderstruck.

Your setup calls for a immunity strategy. Out of all your players, you only have 2 who can't handle static shocks by themselves.

Overall, you're going to want to shut down Static Shock first, and Diffusion Chain second.

As for quadrants, you have to spread it 3/3/2/2. Tanks cannot get any abilities used on them in intermissions except helm of command (and sometimes diffusion chain in the first intermission). Melee cannot get diffusion chain. Rogues and Monks (and Mages) are extremely powerful to duo quadrants. Boomkins can symbio a cloak. The weak links in your setup are the disc priest and the dps warr.

That's the puzzle that the raid leader is burdened with. To add to it, you have to account for how able each player is when they get helm of command, and not fall off. You also have to remember that the diffusion chain adds cannot be tanked, so do not position your tanks worried about them not being in taunt range. The only time you will need taunts, is when people screw up with ball lightnings. When they do, you can have your tanks just move to the edge and taunt it off, it doesnt need positional requirements.

Anyway, you have a pretty good setup for the fight, anything else is rly just doing all the work for you..