Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What is the best healer comp for this encounter and why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    What is the best healer comp for this encounter and why?
    Mistweaver + Dpriest. The Dpriest is kind of obvious because they bring a good amount of raid cds in barrier and spirit shell pre thunderstrucks + they bring damage. Mistweavers are awesome because they arent counted as ranged meaning you have a healer that wont ever need to care about moving out of melee for diffusion chain or thunderstruck that will help you a ton.
    These 2 are obviously the BEST choices but a Hpaladin is not bad in any way. Rdruids and Rshammys are just not very good in this encounter.

Seems those 2 classes pull alot on the short end.

Thanks alot for the feedback. What about Ra-den? 2/3 heal and comp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    Seems those 2 classes pull alot on the short end.

Thanks alot for the feedback. What about Ra-den? 2/3 heal and comp?
    It's doable both ways but most people 3 heal it, and with the gear you have now the DPS check doesn't really exist so best bet is to play it safe and 3 heal. Just save lust for last phase (not instantly but rather towards 20-25 % mark maybe) and ignore all orbs in last phase when boss is below 25 % or so (most guides say below 20 % but it didn't do jack shit for us at around 25 % to let a red orb in).

You wanna bring as many people with raid cds as possible, our setup was:

Prot pala

Mistweaver
    Restrodruid
    Discpriest

Boomkin
    Mage
    Spriest
    Ele shaman
    Rogue
    Fury warr

Basicly every class DPS class here brings a good cooldown for last phase except for mage but arcane mages are very good on the orbs and that is what will wipe you most of the time from own experience.

Deleted
    Until yesterday we were running 3,3,2,2 but having a lot problems keeping everybody alive on the first transition (the second one seems easier). I'm thinking about leaving one tank alone so we can have a platform with the people without immunities on the same platform (Shamans, disc priest) and do a 1-2-3-4 distribution.

Our roster is:
    Tanks: Dk, Druid
    Healers: Disc, Resto Druid
    DPS: Mage, Lock, Ele Shaman, Enhancement Shaman, Rogue and Hunter
    We have also shadow and boomkin (but they've not done many tries)

So the best distribution I can think of would be like:
    • 1 Tank
    • 1 Tank + mage (Next to the quadrant with the other tank)
    • Resto druid (symbiosis on hunter), rogue, Lock (All have immunities and several defensive cds)
    • 2 Shamans, Disc priest and hunter (Hunter immunity and 3 "weak" people)

Any help would be much appreciate!

Should work, but I'd put the rogue with the tank instead of the mage so they won't have to worry about Diffusion Chain

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Until yesterday we were running 3,3,2,2 but having a lot problems keeping everybody alive on the first transition (the second one seems easier). I'm thinking about leaving one tank alone so we can have a platform with the people without immunities on the same platform (Shamans, disc priest) and do a 1-2-3-4 distribution.

Our roster is:
    Tanks: Dk, Druid
    Healers: Disc, Resto Druid
    DPS: Mage, Lock, Ele Shaman, Enhancement Shaman, Rogue and Hunter
    We have also shadow and boomkin (but they've not done many tries)

So the best distribution I can think of would be like:
    • 1 Tank
    • 1 Tank + mage (Next to the quadrant with the other tank)
    • Resto druid (symbiosis on hunter), rogue, Lock (All have immunities and several defensive cds)
    • 2 Shamans, Disc priest and hunter (Hunter immunity and 3 "weak" people)

Any help would be much appreciate!
    We did 1/2/3/4

Monk tank
    Prot Pally / rogue
    MW Monk / mage / warlock
    Ele Shaman / Disc Priest / hunter / dk

The 2nd one we just split the group of 4 to the 1 /2 platforms

so it was

Monk tank / Ele Shaman / hunter / dk
    Prot Pally / rogue / Disc Priest
    MW Monk / mage / warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Should work, but I'd put the rogue with the tank instead of the mage so they won't have to worry about Diffusion Chain
    Nice idea, thanks

Our group did this setup:

1st Transition:

Prot Paladin
    Mage / Brewmaster / Demo Lock
    Ele Sham / Mistweaver / Ret Pally
    DK / Disc / Rogue

2nd Transition:

none
    Ele Sham / DK / Disc / Ret Pally / Warlock
    Mage / Rogue / Mistweaver
    Brewmaster / Prot Paladin

The reason we did it this way, is we forced all diffusion chains away from 1 quadrant and all static shocks into the 2 quadrants. We put 3 people with immunities, with the healer that had his own immunities in the same quadrant, then put everyone else together in the 2nd transition. It worked quite well, and it was the most success we had getting to the final phase with our setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Adurp View Post
    and all static shocks into the 2 quadrants.
    I don't understand this--can't static shocks go onto anyone but tanks?
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
    I don't understand this--can't static shocks go onto anyone but tanks?
    Yeah, and they have a quadrant with only tanks, so 2 quadrants with static.

I derped. I see :P
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Deleted
    Hello,
    I've been looking at several different video's on youtube trying to figure out what tactic would work best for our guild. Currently I'm stuck between Bouncing bolt -> Diffusion chain and Static Shock -> Diffusion chain. Both seems like completely viable strats. Is there any way to determine whether one or the other is better for us?
    Our current set-up is Prot pala, brew. monk, holy pala, disc priest, rogue, DK, mage, boomkin, warlock, hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarim View Post
    Hello,
    I've been looking at several different video's on youtube trying to figure out what tactic would work best for our guild. Currently I'm stuck between Bouncing bolt -> Diffusion chain and Static Shock -> Diffusion chain. Both seems like completely viable strats. Is there any way to determine whether one or the other is better for us?
    Our current set-up is Prot pala, brew. monk, holy pala, disc priest, rogue, DK, mage, boomkin, warlock, hunter.

With the amount of immunities your comp has I'd go static -> diffusion

So my guild has put in a couple of days on this boss and we are pretty much getting to phase 3 regularly. We've had maybe ~8 or 9 phase 3 wipes, 1 being 1% but rest all around 10%. We are dealing with Static and Diffusion in that last phase and are 2 healing with a Disc and HPally. We actually did try to 3 heal it a couple of times but the 3rd healer basically did nothing until phase 3 and we still ended up wiping at ~8%. It felt better to just leave our druid moonkin and tranquility in that last phase.

I know the raid damage feels too high. We usually have 5-6 lightning balls out which might be part of the problem but we were never stacking close into melee because of diffusion chain. I know we are gonna try to stack somewhat when diffusion and lightning balls aren't on the same timer next time but that's about the only change we can think of making. Anyone got any other tips for this last phase?

You can try to accommodate this tip that we used for our kill. The first two thunderstrucks of phase 3 line up so that diffusion will not be happening when the ball lightning a spawn. Ball lightning will ONLY target players at ranged if there a minimum of 3 players to choose from. So what we did was assign three players (disc, shadow priest, hunter) to be the designated ball spawners. Every other ranged would collapse into melee after the thunderstruck spawns. You can do this for only the first two thunderstrucks as diffusion lines up exactly with the third. The third set of ball lightnings we chose to cc and ignore with ring of peace, solar beam, and ursols vortex. We had the boss to about 5% when they spawned. He died right about at the 4th thunderstruck.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

Nice tip, I don't think we have been utilizing some of our silences and have been relying on stuns more. So ring of peace and solar beam actually keep them silenced for the duration?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalliope View Post
    So my guild has put in a couple of days on this boss and we are pretty much getting to phase 3 regularly. We've had maybe ~8 or 9 phase 3 wipes, 1 being 1% but rest all around 10%. We are dealing with Static and Diffusion in that last phase and are 2 healing with a Disc and HPally. We actually did try to 3 heal it a couple of times but the 3rd healer basically did nothing until phase 3 and we still ended up wiping at ~8%. It felt better to just leave our druid moonkin and tranquility in that last phase.

I know the raid damage feels too high. We usually have 5-6 lightning balls out which might be part of the problem but we were never stacking close into melee because of diffusion chain. I know we are gonna try to stack somewhat when diffusion and lightning balls aren't on the same timer next time but that's about the only change we can think of making. Anyone got any other tips for this last phase?
    As the boy says, you can force it to spawn only 3 balls at all times. It just needs 3 people out and the rest in melee. For the last phase we have 3 players on each side. The side that gets the Thunderstruck runs into melee for the Ball Lightnings.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    easier way is to do 3-3-3-1 and let a tank solo. if you have a paladin or a monk they should be able to solo a side. they can't be targeted by anything but helm and if you get 2 balls you soak 1 and then soak the bounce and the other tank in the 3 group just comes within range and taunts.
    what is the reason that so many suggest having a 1-3-3-3 setup or 1-2-3-4, after our attempts tonight having the monk alone we would see how their can be a problem if he gets helm+ 2 balls to soak. just looking for explanation of WHY to have a tank solo in 1 quadrant instead of having 2-2-3-3 with a tank +immunity in the 2s corners. p1 transition obv

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    what is the reason that so many suggest having a 1-3-3-3 setup or 1-2-3-4, after our attempts tonight having the monk alone we would see how their can be a problem if he gets helm+ 2 balls to soak. just looking for explanation of WHY to have a tank solo in 1 quadrant instead of having 2-2-3-3 with a tank +immunity in the 2s corners. p1 transition obv
    Because a group of 3 still needs a decent or double raid cd to survive soaking a shock, can put a second with your tank if you're really heavy on immunities.