Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would bench the Elemental shaman and the warrior. You can run a immunity comp with the classes you have there with the boomkin getting disperse from the spriest. Try the 2-2-3-3 strat (tank/melee, hunter/2 priests(give them the gateway), lock/boom/hpally, tank/melee). It will make the transitions a joke the hunter and spriest can babysit the disc and immune the rest of the stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irialx View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been following the thread and I was hoping to get some advice on our raid.

We have:

Prot Pally
    Prot Warrior

Disc Priest
    Holy Pally

Hunter
    Ele Shaman
    DPS DK
    Windwalker Monk
    Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    Boomkin
    DPS Warrior

Who would be the best to bring on this fight, and what would optimal platforms be?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    H Pal/MW for heals. Discs aren't bad but no immunity.
    For DPS I'd go, Hunter/Rogue/Mage/Boom/Lock x 2

Immunity city.
    Thanks!! Just another question, easiest pylon order in 10m? Static > Diffusion? Static > Bouncing? Another one maybe? Thanks in advance.
    #yolo #swag

Quote Originally Posted by ek9red View Post
    I would bench the Elemental shaman and the warrior. You can run a immunity comp with the classes you have there with the boomkin getting disperse from the spriest. Try the 2-2-3-3 strat (tank/melee, hunter/2 priests(give them the gateway), lock/boom/hpally, tank/melee). It will make the transitions a joke the hunter and spriest can babysit the disc and immune the rest of the stuff.
    Boomkins don't get disperse, they get mass dispel, its ferals that get disperse. He would symb the warlock for unending resolve and get external PS to survive.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    Thanks!! Just another question, easiest pylon order in 10m? Static > Diffusion? Static > Bouncing? Another one maybe? Thanks in advance.
    Static Diffusion is what we run with after trying bouncing, found it way easier.

Deleted
    Hi, any suggestions for this setup:

Tanks: Prot Pala, Guardian Druid

Healers: Holy Pala, Disc Priest

DPS: DK, Mage, Boomkin, Elesham, Warlock, Spriest.

We are considering 3 healing with the Boomkin going resto. We can take a Hunter instead of the Elesham.

We've downed the boss already, but have to use a completely new setup because of people going on holiday etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Pretty much this ^, if you run with the exact same comp, the transitions will eventually become embedded into your raid team, eg. being able to deal with every possible combination of abilities.

A tip I guess could be
    You can grounding totem the diffused lightning, the add still spawns though, but if you position it properly with totemic projection eg. away from the group you can limit the melee damage it does - thats if you stun it and kill it from range.

Ursol's votex can be used to keep the balls in melee, we alternated this + gorefiends grasp for every ball lightning - only worked out the ursols part after our kill though
    You can let the balls jump in 10 man? Are you serious?

Deleted
    Yes, it's no big deal on 10M if you use a range checker and don't get more than two jumps at once and you're topped. Gorefiend/Ursol are overvalued because it's crucial for 25M.

Having some aoe stuns (shockwave, monk/warlock thingy) most def. help but if you only spawn three balls (which isn't to hard before P3) and kill them rather quickly there's no big deal about it. In p3 you'll chain all your raidcds for the ~ three spawns anyway and it's rather unlikely to die to them when you keep calm and play the boss down (keep seperated for diffussion adds, don't place thunderstruck at the melees and you should be fine).

Don't three-heal the boss, owl/shadow/ele all offer some very decent and potent offheals for phase 3 you can still work with and not need worry about overcharging pillars.

I'm having a lot of difficulty deciding how to setup p2 transition with our comp. Currently we have Ele Sham (replacable with a boomkin), Enh Sham, Disc Priest, Fury War, BM Hunter, Mistweaver, Two warlocks, BrM tank, and druid tank.

We're having the BrM solo the first time, with the Mistweaver and the fury warrior taking another platform (with the Mistweaver's healing + CD's from both they usually handle statics just fine.) The problem is that I have to run one of the remaining platforms with no dedicated healer after this. Any ideas how I should set this up? That's just the first transition, which we've gotten through a couple of times.

On the second transition, who should I pair with the BrM? Should I keep the warrior and mistweaver as a duo and run the other 6 together? We were going to try that with double tank on the BrM's quadrant. Would that cause any problems?

We do Static > Diffusion, ofc. Our Diffusion is at ~80 energy, level 2, and Overcharge ~50 energy, level 2. Bouncing bolts is not even level 2 for this.
    Last edited by Ezekiah; 2013-06-20 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    You will have some big problems with that setup considering 4 people cannot solo soak (2x shaman, warr and disc priest). Not sure how to handle it the best way since for us we have so many solo soakers it's not a problem and we just spread 3-3-4 in last phase but you might have to do something else (like 6-2-2 as you suggested).

If you can bring in more immunities you should aim for that. P3 with that many that can't solo soak is gonna be a pain in the ass and very RNG to get a kill. Ofcourse now with the gear levels phase 3 lasts so much shorter so you might be fine anyways.

Deleted
    @Ezekiah
    Have each tank solo a platform, i don't see why a druid should have any problems in particular over other tanks with that. That leaves you with enough people on the other two platforms to soak static shocks, bouncing bolts and deal with diffusion adds.

On the second transition you might want to use a class with immunity like your hunter coupled with the two tanks (diffusion add will hurt this time for real) and look out which team can deal better without a 4th person. But having two warlocks should already cover all worries with the helm and they are pretty stable so you'll likely want to use one of those on each plateau + healer + the second strongest on the defensive side which should be one of your shamans, the other team get the fury.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-20 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Due to one warlock beeing on vacation and the other beeing a poor greek that can't afford replacing his now broken wifi reciever (told him to drill a hole and use a wired connection but he refuses...) We will be doing this warlockless coming sunday...

We've had to do it warlockless last monday aswell and finally started getting to Phase 3 so people can start getting used to it, sadly we quickly noticed how great a portal would be there..... How would people attempt Phase 3 without any warlock present?

Setup (most likely);

Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin

Mist Monk
    Holy Paladin

Fury Warrior
    Retri Paladin
    Enh Shaman
    Fire Mage
    Boomkin
    Hunter/Boomkin/Shadowpriest (apperently the hunter wont be there sunday, limiting my options even further -.-)

The "best" phase 3 we had that thursday my range had trouble getting far enough away from the thunderstruck on time, but this might also be due to them not really be comfortable with that phase yet.

Anyone have any experience killing it lockless and has some specific advice on the matter?

Deleted
    We haven't have a warlock on the whole tier, so we didn't have one for this. I don't know any specific tip, truth be told. We just put 1h+2ranged on each side, as far as they could. The group that got thundestruck ran into melee, the other waited for balls to spawn and then run into melee. Only 3 thunderstrucks spawn, and only on the third the difussion spawns between the TS and the ball lightning. Why do your ranged have trouble putting thunderstrucks away portal or not? If the learn the timers they shouldn't have issues.

Use your cooldowns supposing that you are only going to get 3 thunders (the 2 devotion, revival, RC, Demo banner, Guidance and both tranqs or VE, there are enough to put up 2-3 for each one) and you should survive them.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-06-21 at 04:53 PM.

Hey, we've started to progress on Lei Shen and i need some help spliting my group i n the transitions,
    Our comp is : Blood DK, BrM, Fury, Assasination, Disc, HolyPally, Ele, Hunter, Mage, Lock
    we were trying this:
    1. BrM , Rogue,
    2. Ele, Disc, Warr
    3. Hunter, Lock, Hpally
    4. DK, Mage

seems like it dosent work, would appreciate any tip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Hey, we've started to progress on Lei Shen and i need some help spliting my group i n the transitions,
    Our comp is : Blood DK, BrM, Fury, Assasination, Disc, HolyPally, Ele, Hunter, Mage, Lock
    we were trying this:
    1. BrM , Rogue,
    2. Ele, Disc, Warr
    3. Hunter, Lock, Hpally
    4. DK, Mage

seems like it dosent work, would appreciate any tip
    That's perfectly fine for the first transition I would say, if people are dying it's their fault not the groups that are faulty I would say. Just make sure that when the ele disc warr group gets static shock not to waste all cds on the first so they have something left for a second thunderstruck if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    hello,

we are currently wiping at 2nd intermission, mostly because of greater diffusion chain add, its dmg is too high, and we were running 3 3 4, but then I made some research here and find out that correct way is 2 2 6 (is it because u have only diff. chain add on 6 ppl platform?)

our setup is

tank: blood dk, brewmaster

heal: resto druid and shaman

melee: enhacement, retri pal

ranged dps: hunter, warlock, mage, shadow priest

--
    i think best way to do 226 is:

monk + retri
    blood + enha
    and the rest

is that correct????

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    blood + enha
    Enha can't solo soak. That might cause a problem.

I'd say go 3-2-5. Tank+Enha+Healer - Tank+Ret - Rest.
    Last edited by Razecog; 2013-06-22 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Trying to be helpful.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    hello,

we are currently wiping at 2nd intermission, mostly because of greater diffusion chain add, its dmg is too high, and we were running 3 3 4, but then I made some research here and find out that correct way is 2 2 6 (is it because u have only diff. chain add on 6 ppl platform?)

our setup is

tank: blood dk, brewmaster

heal: resto druid and shaman

melee: enhacement, retri pal

ranged dps: hunter, warlock, mage, shadow priest

--
    i think best way to do 226 is:

monk + retri
    blood + enha
    and the rest

is that correct????
    there is no correct way to do it, it depends alot on your setup. We did it 3-3-4.

Yes the diffused add damage is very high even when just hitting one person, if it's allowed to hit everyone when stacking for overcharge you will wipe very quick.

You just need to make sure to root/stun/knock it or whatever while everyone focuses it down.

The blood DK needs someone that can solo soak with him not an enhanceshaman so I would swap mage with enha shaman beacuse mages can soak 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Enha can't solo soak. That might cause a problem.

I'd say go 3-2-5. Tank+Enha+Healer - Tank+Ret - Rest.
    Our elemental solo soaks using Astral Shift and Shamanistic Rage, not ideal but very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    Our elemental solo soaks using Astral Shift and Shamanistic Rage, not ideal but very possible.
    Yeah I forgot AS. The talent sucks so hard I never even consider it. ._.'
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

after u finish ph 2 u can spread the 2 tanks on same side and they can solo it together

Quote Originally Posted by hossam View Post
    after u finish ph 2 u can spread the 2 tanks on same side and they can solo it together
    If you let overload get to level 2, does having two tanks solo cause any issues with overloads in the transition? Are there three of them, and will one of them target the tank, or would you get two on the same quadrant? I guess I never have seen it at 3, so I suppose I'm just mistaken in assuming there'd be 3.