Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all.

This won't help with assigning DPS to specific quadrants, but for a general overview of the encounter I made a rough guide to the fight. Could be of use to some of you - if the only thing you are struggling with is transition quadrant splits, it probably won't help you much though!!

Hope it may help someone.
    MMO-Champ - Lei Shen 10HC Guide/Overview
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Tip: If needed Disc can actualy sock static shock alone. PWS + Pain supression + 1-2 flash heals with Spirit shell up will do the job. Tested myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I've read through most of this thread and it's been great help in general, however not so much for my group.

We are a small and somewhat casual guild that has somehow managed to reach Lei Shen (woho!). However, we 3 heal every fight as none of our healers is very good at DPS off-spec and in general it makes things more complicated to 2 heal for us. We also don't have too many immunities. We'll start putting attempts into him next reset and I'm looking to scrap up any info/tips I can, hopefuly some of you helpful posters here will chip in!

Here's our comp:

Prot Pala
    Guardian Druid

Holy Pala
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest (yes, Holy, Disc is not an option, long story)

Warlock
    Hunter
    Ele Shaman
    Rogue
    Fury Warrior

Now I know we don't have too many solo soakers, but I was still considering going Static Shock > Diffusion Chain. Any tips on how to handle the transitions with this comp? And also, in p3, if the target can't solo static shock, does everyone just stack in melee and run out fast enough before ball/thunderstruck etc?

Thanks in advance!
    prot + Rogue
    Druid tank+ holy priest(if u get add druid pushes it away, priest roots it, druid roots it, you dont have the dps here to kill it in time, have it cced and focus on next set of abilities)
    Holy pala, warrior, ele shaman - aura and soak first, rc + banner second
    Resto druid, hunter warlock - you will soak only if lock gets, rest can solo. Prehot, barkskin hunter, go bear lock uses his cd.

2nd Transition:
    rogue + prot
    Resto + hunter + ele + H prie (push add with ele and root it during overcharges, it hits very hard, kill it after overcharge)
    Hpal + warlock + guardian +fury(pala stun + pushback during overcharge, kill diff add after)

This is probably the best way i see with the lack of discipline priest. It will work 100% of the time when u get more xp. Problem is i don't see you doing p3 with this setup. On the 3rd ball spawn in p3 you cant stack and spawn only 3 balls because of dif chain, so you will spawn about 6 adds. 3 ranged dps will not kill them by the time next one spawns. Balls during wind will rape you, thus i do not recomend 3 healing it. When we were at lei shen we decided to 3 heal it, wiped for a week on p3 because of the reason i mentioned,then had our mistweaver go tank, prot war go fury. Killed it on the next day. Personally i havent seen any guild kill it with 3 healers and no dk as a first kill.
    Just my input.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the input. This pretty much let's me set up the transitions. If anyone has any further tips for the p3 way to do it (changing roster really isn't happening for us), I'd appreciate it (but I already have something to work with so thanks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post

Problem is i don't see you doing p3 with this setup. On the 3rd ball spawn in p3 you cant stack and spawn only 3 balls because of dif chain, so you will spawn about 6 adds. 3 ranged dps will not kill them by the time next one spawns. Balls during wind will rape you, thus i do not recomend 3 healing it. When we were at lei shen we decided to 3 heal it, wiped for a week on p3 because of the reason i mentioned,then had our mistweaver go tank, prot war go fury. Killed it on the next day. Personally i havent seen any guild kill it with 3 healers and no dk as a first kill.
    Just my input.
    Have the ele shaman and fury warrior specced into glyphed grounding totem / mass spell reflect. That way you can stack your ranged even for the 3rd ball spawn while only getting 1 diffusion add. Reflected diffusion add does not need to be killed, spawns on the boss and they attack the boss instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Have the ele shaman and fury warrior specced into glyphed grounding totem / mass spell reflect. That way you can stack your ranged even for the 3rd ball spawn while only getting 1 diffusion add. Reflected diffusion add does not need to be killed, spawns on the boss and they attack the boss instead.
    If I understand this right, would it be possible to basicaly prevent every diffusion add in p3 by doing something like Reflect > Grounding > Reflect > Repeat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    If I understand this right, would it be possible to basicaly prevent every diffusion add in p3 by doing something like Reflect > Grounding > Reflect > Repeat?
    Yes. Also remember grounding totem only works for the group the shaman is in.

Deleted
    Re; Grounding - my raid group is saying that the diffusion the totem eats was chaining onto others - has anyone experienced this sort of strange behaviour with the (unglyphed) totem? I found this quite strange but couldn't confirm it for myself, although I wouldn't expect this sort of thing to happen

The totem isn't chaining onto others. 2 adds will only spawn if there are 2 people in range of each other, even if a grounding totem eats the first jump.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    Re; Grounding - my raid group is saying that the diffusion the totem eats was chaining onto others - has anyone experienced this sort of strange behaviour with the (unglyphed) totem? I found this quite strange but couldn't confirm it for myself, although I wouldn't expect this sort of thing to happen
    You have to GLYPH the totem for it to eat the diffusion AND prevent chaining; otherwise it just redirect the initial damage and will spawn an add on top and still chains if you have other people standing close to the shaman. There is an easy way to tell if it works, if the add spawns on top of the boss and attacks boss instead of a ranged player, it means it was reflected properly.
    Last edited by Berianther; 2013-07-27 at 07:26 AM.