Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dragon are you talking about how much your combust was ticking for or how much the ignite was that you combusted with? If it's ignite then that's super low.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Dragon are you talking about how much your combust was ticking for or how much the ignite was that you combusted with? If it's ignite then that's super low.
    Best Combustion Tick: 66,999 (133,998 Ignite)

(Ignore the shitty UI :3)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckx View Post
    RNG is such a big factor for combustion, it really frustrates me sometimes. On some pulls my DPS peaks at 600k in the opener, on other pulls it's like 300k.
    That's why I hate fire
    Total crap to be honest lol. Best Combust I ever got was something like a 155k ignite, And that was a 380-400k dps burst on the opener, with hero,gem and trinkets all up. I was at like 524 ilvl at that point.

I highly doubt there is any amount of gear above mine this tier (considering I have the meta as well) that will boost that opener dps up another 220k, considering also that was the best possible RNG you could get with everything critting on the Alter Time opener.

I also got a sick combustion with hero + gem + trinkets on the 6 Dark Animus trash mobs, and that spread to 4 targets was like 650k dps, so getting 600k on a single target? Proof or it didn't happen.

Stating 300k as your low point is also a pile of crap, 300k opener for a fire mage is actually good. You can get a 120k ignite combust and be doing 300k opener. Try not having any of your opener pyro's crit and doing 120-150k burst dps on pull, with hero and gem procs.

Sometimes I think people who post here don't even play fire mages at all.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Total crap to be honest lol. Best Combust I ever got was something like a 155k ignite, And that was a 380-400k dps burst on the opener, with hero,gem and trinkets all up. I was at like 524 ilvl at that point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnSS8Huk5Xs

He bursted 900k+ I'm not a fan boy, but I also hate elitists. And maybe you are talking single target... but in 524+ gear bursting in 120k with hero and gem procs is pretty sad. If you do 120k-150k dps on the pull with 524+ ilvl with hero, you're just not pressing buttons. I am not saying I am god of mages, but don't come here and harass people for feasible dps... esp considering fire's large variance in dps.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:51 AM ----------

I also got a sick combustion with hero + gem + trinkets on the 6 Dark Animus trash mobs, and that spread to 4 targets was like 650k dps, so getting 600k on a single target? Proof or it didn't happen.
    For the icing on the cake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMRAox_qCUU

Single target, 600k burst single target. The video was made a month ago, people easily have the same gear these people had in this video by now.

Quote Originally Posted by dementor View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnSS8Huk5Xs

He bursted 900k+ I'm not a fan boy, but I also hate elitists. And maybe you are talking single target... but in 524+ gear bursting in 120k with hero and gem procs is pretty sad. If you do 120k-150k dps on the pull with 524+ ilvl with hero, you're just not pressing buttons. I am not saying I am god of mages, but don't come here and harass people for feasible dps... esp considering fire's large variance in dps.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 04:51 AM ----------

For the icing on the cake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMRAox_qCUU

Single target, 600k burst single target. The video was made a month ago, people easily have the same gear these people had in this video by now.
    TITCR.

Yes, there's a lot of luck involved -- and yes, it sucks when luck is not on your side -- but achieving these numbers is certainly possible. By way of example, thanks to the gods of RNG I was able to get a 200k Ignite on our first pull of the night on H Council last night. After spreading it from Sul to Kazra'jin and Malakk, I peaked at 1.1 million DPS.

Of course, we didn't kill it that attempt and the attempt we DID kill it, my Ignite was not so great (AND Kazra'jin decided not to roll into Sul/Malakk at all during Combustion), but that's just the way it goes with Fire. Love it or leave it.

ETA: I was able to reach 200k Ignite in part because I've been experimenting with Kuznam's strategy of using Mage Armor from the pull until you get the opening Combustion off, then switching back to Molten (with Glyph of Armors). With 46% raid-buffed crit I can stand to lose the 5% from Molten in exchange for the monster Ignites I'm able to achieve on the pull with Mage.
    Last edited by awildpidgeyappears; 2013-05-16 at 06:39 AM.

Fair enough I guess I'm proved wrong about the 600k unattainable part, the mage armour thing sounds interesting, might give it a go.

But still with the 300k being the low point for a fire mage burst is still wrong, if nothing crits at all you can easily be doing 120-150k burst dps with everything up even at 530+ ilvl. Granted, the chances of nothing critting at all with that gear level is extremely low, but it can happen. My current ilvl is 527 and maybe 2/5 of my openers get either no crits or just 1, making the first combustion rather lackluster. I have never been so lucky on crits/buffs up during combust window that my burst dps on single target goes over 500k, just never happens. I also play 10man, and we don't have skull banner in the raid, that is a major buff for fire mage openers.

As for the Council comments - any fire mage can get insane dps on that fight, you don't even have to be lucky to top the charts. That boss was made for us.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to see what everyone was doing on combusts. I am doing pretty terrible with my combusts and it might be part of my problem in fights. I have combustion helper, but maybe there is something I am doing wrong?
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/225766/

14/05 was our last raid. I havn't been fire, but maybe two weeks.

Deleted
    With ilvl 523 and 42% crit selfbuffed, I'm content with a BL+AT+POM around 170-180k. With only POM I aim for 60k-80k, with POM and AT outside of Bloodlust I aim for 120kish.

Most of the times you take what you get though. Seeing it tick over 200k is enough to bring me to nirvana . Then again, I had a 30k AT+POM combustion on Tortos last night, which makes me want to hit something.

No meta here though. And probably not for a long time.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-05-16 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    I am so very interested in what kind of mastery you guys have. I have currently 1.2k mastery (523 ilvl). And I never get those kind of numbers.

Deleted
    Perhaps an equally interesting point of reference would be how big your Combustion is on a dummy test, obviously only selfbuffed.

I'm at 2133 Mastery at my 523 ilvl. I don't particularly reforge into it since I'm still reforging my excess Hit to Haste where I can't turn it into more Crit. My Haste is 5954, Crit is 14155.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-05-16 at 09:31 AM.

Fair enough I guess I'm proved wrong about the 600k unattainable part, the mage armour thing sounds interesting, might give it a go.

But still with the 300k being the low point for a fire mage burst is still wrong, if nothing crits at all you can easily be doing 120-150k burst dps with everything up even at 530+ ilvl. Granted, the chances of nothing critting at all with that gear level is extremely low, but it can happen. My current ilvl is 527 and maybe 2/5 of my openers get either no crits or just 1, making the first combustion rather lackluster. I have never been so lucky on crits/buffs up during combust window that my burst dps on single target goes over 500k, just never happens. I also play 10man, and we don't have skull banner in the raid, that is a major buff for fire mage openers.

As for the Council comments - any fire mage can get insane dps on that fight, you don't even have to be lucky to top the charts. That boss was made for us.
    I'm raiding 10man too (casual 2 days/week), my gear ist at 520 as said before. Played frost most of this content, switched to fire 2 weeks ago so I'm still a bit rusty and do mistakes. But if I don't fuck it up myself then my combustion opener always peaks at 300k+, regardless of rng / bloodlust / whatever. Feel free to check it yourself if you think I'm talking "crap" like you said: raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/blackrock/neox/

If someone does 150k burst DPS with 530+ ilvl than it's time to delete the mage
    That's just impossible even with the worst rng in the world.

That's a nice clueless judgment based on a single post, congratulations!
    I'm sure everybody is wrong if you don't get the numbers posted in this thread. Maybe it's you doing mistakes, having bad raid buffs or whatever. Just think about that before posting next time ...

PS:
    I know my english ist bad

Deleted
    Okay with my 1.2k mastery I am roughly around between 30-40k ignite on average (diffrence between these two is with or without Alter Time), before I combust.

I usually try to time it to either VP trinket or the legendary Meta Gem being up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Best Combustion Tick: 66,999 (133,998 Ignite)

(Ignore the shitty UI :3)
    Cannot unsee!

Im sorry, is the ignite number that ure talking about ( those 180k ignites etc) is the same number that combustion helper shows? Cause I have rather good gear ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rd/Feii/simple ) and i am barely seeing ignites higher then 70k and im sure im playing quite well :P

Ignite trackers usually show the combust value (meaning half of the ignite value). I try not to combust with less than 160k ignite on the pull (80k combust). I had a few upwards of 240k, (120k combust). Depends on luck really, on pull you are gaining all trinkets, bloodlust, and meta gem, if you crit three times immediately then you can go into alter time with everything up and that's when the luck has to start. String along 4-5 crits and you make a good ignite, crit 7 times in a row and you dont use your PoM pyro because it will lower the ignite. Breaking 100k combust on pull usually equals 500-600k dps on pull.

Deleted
    Couple weeks ago at Durumu 10 (N) we used Tw at start and I did about 550k dps and I had ~524 gear at the time. Avg combustion was about 42k hits according to our logs but if I recall correctly Biggest tick would have been something like ~140k at the start. Rolling with haste>mastery.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by awildpidgeyappears View Post
    Yes, there's a lot of luck involved -- and yes, it sucks when luck is not on your side -- but achieving these numbers is certainly possible. By way of example, thanks to the gods of RNG I was able to get a 200k Ignite on our first pull of the night on H Council last night. After spreading it from Sul to Kazra'jin and Malakk, I peaked at 1.1 million DPS.
    I Pulled 1,6m dps at pull in normal mode and when the boss died I was at 312k dps. In heroic Council which has only 3 targets at start to spread Combustion I peaked at 1,3m and ended up at ~250000k dps. I could easily do even better on heroic if I our raid would stand near marli while others are empowered so kazrajin would roll next to her allowing me to spread dots on her too.

Also my point was that you should not wait for the trinket procs at pull if they are rppm trinkets. It's just waste of Combustion cd aswell as during the fight. Thou the trinkets proc almost everytime ( I have BoH and Dark animus trinket.) on pull because you have not been in compat for couple of minutes.
    Last edited by mmoc9152988de1; 2013-05-17 at 12:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trolls get 6 extra ticks of combustion.. That can be -HUGE-

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    It's almost unfair, lol

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    You forgot the extra Haste to cap your GCD, which also lets you throw Pyros faster, allowing you to stack them even better.

"Huge" is a HUGE understatement. It's essentially having Heroism on every single AT Combustion; on Heroism+Zerking+AT PoM... Good god o_O;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

And 5% beast damage on top of that