Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mage (Fire) What combust are you happy at? And dps Advice {PVE}

Hello all.
    Having few problems with my dps and think its my combust's
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    My armoury i cannot link cause of new account but if you search "Bevansmaster" into armoury US it is the only level 90.
    Stats:
    Sitting at 36-7% crit
    Using alter time when all my trinket procs are up and heating up + pyroblast procs.

Just like to ask what ignite tick you are happy about combusting at.
    Could you please post ilvl and ignite tick that you're satisfied at hitting combustion.
    ilvl: 516
    Ignite: 80k on pull with altertime (40k combust) and around 60k with just PoM and no alter time

I think this just heavily depends on boss, trinket procs, BL, Pots, gear... If I am lucky I can get easily over 100k on pull. But that's only if the alter time combo works fine and a lot of trinkets proc. 80k is also a pretty decent number where I would push combustion with no hesitation.

Of course this is all full raid buffed. If I'm only selfbuffed, training versus a target dummy and am lucky I get up to 60k. Here a good 40k is also enough.

Deleted
    Ilvl:528
    Ignite: On pull 150k, and with only PoM I'll take what I can get but 60-80k and with AT+PoM midfight 100k-ish.

Ofcourse sometime you just suffer from bad luck or whatever and get no crits etc, not much you can do about it you have to pop combustion anyways it's not worth waiting. Same with trinket procs, you can't really sit and wait for those specific procs you just have to take what you have & make the best out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I think this just heavily depends on boss, trinket procs, BL, Pots, gear...
    True

My gear is at 520 ilvl 4set with Wush/Cha-yes and legendary meta.

Pull with BL:
    Sometime I get like 130k-150k ignite ticks with pot, tricks, alter time, lucky trinket/meta procs and pyro crits ... but that's really really rare. I usually press combustion at 120k ignite ticks, but it's like gambling sometimes

Pull without BL:
    Pressing combustion at 90k+ ignite is fine for me then.

Midfight / without Alter Time:
    In that case I'm happy with 70k+ ignites

RNG is such a big factor for combustion, it really frustrates me sometimes. On some pulls my DPS peaks at 600k in the opener, on other pulls it's like 300k.
    That's why I hate fire
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2013-05-14 at 03:44 PM.

I also like to look at how much haste I have going in...80-90K, but with all of your haste procs up...is going to leave to a big combustion. Use WeakAura's to track the Meta, Trinkets, and haste buffs T15/Warp, know when they are all up.
    Kifimbo,
    US-Garona

itmlvl 527
    pull with BL: 180k
    pull w/o BL: 150k
    combust with PoM and no alter time: 60k
    combust with alter time: 100k

Keep in mind there will be a spread for these numbers. There will be situations where you get 200k+ ignites on the pull; but situations where you get a 60k ignite on a pull. Once i had no ignite over 80k during an LFR boss. You will have to get a feel to when your burst peaks and use combustion around that time. The more you play the more comfortable you will become, pay attention to your Ignite damage and pretty quickly you will see what are good numbers.
    Last edited by Proakryt; 2013-05-14 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Ilvl:528
    Ignite: On pull 150k, and with only PoM I'll take what I can get but 60-80k and with AT+PoM midfight 100k-ish.
    What the fuck is your guys's weapons?

I've got a TF Normal Horridon wand and my best combust (excluding bosses that take more damage/damage buffs on me) is 66,999 on Durumu pull
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

I've got a TF Normal Horridon wand and my best combust (excluding bosses that take more damage/damage buffs on me) is 66,999 on Durumu pull
    Animus HC dagger for now, hoping for a nadagast/horridon wand next reset but 10 man lewts sucks so x)

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntedd View Post
    itmlvl 527
    pull with BL: 180k
    pull w/o BL: 150k
    combust with PoM and no alter time: 60k
    combust with alter time: 100k
    Change the 60k to 70k and that's how I feel about mine.

I think youre doing something wrong, it shouldn't be that low on opener with your gear.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    best combustion was at ~200k ignite. but usually its something like 100-150k on pull. i still have a 517 weapon though
    most of my gear is 535 or 541

Deleted
    70k combust, means 140k ignite, thats a pretty nice opener.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
    70k combust, means 140k ignite, thats a pretty nice opener.....
    It's decent but nothing extra-ordinarie to be honest. Ofcourse it depends alot on gear aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    I think youre doing something wrong, it shouldn't be that low on opener with your gear.
    Well my Mastery is beyond terrible, but idk what I could be doing wrong...

Is everyone doing the whole Mastery > Haste thing?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    No, I still use haste->mastery, I'm at about 2k mastery and 7.2k haste I just feel haste is way stronger compared to mastery for now due to how strong nether tempest is and with the addition of RPPM mechanics and besides lowering the cast time is never bad

I'm still using a 503 elite weapon (ilvl 516), but with a pot and some crits a 100k+ ignite is not really an issue. Ofcourse, you can have a crappy start now and then, but with hero+pot I am usually near 80-90k on average. I had 140k ignites, but also 45k with no decent crits at all.

Since I stopped raiding, I still need to pug Jin-Rokh, as the spirit sword he drops is actually better for me then the wand of staff from Horridon, due to its base crit and the 1% expertise bonus as a Gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    I'm still using a 503 elite weapon (ilvl 516), but with a pot and some crits a 100k+ ignite is not really an issue. Ofcourse, you can have a crappy start now and then, but with hero+pot I am usually near 80-90k on average. I had 140k ignites, but also 45k with no decent crits at all.

Since I stopped raiding, I still need to pug Jin-Rokh, as the spirit sword he drops is actually better for me then the wand of staff from Horridon, due to its base crit and the 1% expertise bonus as a Gnome.
    Mine are typically inconsistent, with minimums being 40k ignites, and my maximums peaking at 130k.

I'd love to know how some of you guys are hitting 200k ignites o.o

Deleted
    Mine are typically inconsistent, with minimums being 40k ignites, and my maximums peaking at 130k.

I'd love to know how some of you guys are hitting 200k ignites o.o
    Well if you are doing everything correctly (check out vykinas video if you arn't sure) the only thing from my experience that can cause lesser ignites is the speed of the rotation (may it be to latency, not spamming hard enough or whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Well if you are doing everything correctly (check out vykinas video if you arn't sure) the only thing from my experience that can cause lesser ignites is the speed of the rotation (may it be to latency, not spamming hard enough or whatever)
    Yeah, so the typical thing; I'm doing that.

My only question now is what race are all of you guys? If you're all Troll then yeah, that would probably explain EVERYTHING.