Deleted

Lightbulb Scenarios: New way to implant class/personal story

It's been on my mind for a long time how to make WoW more refreshing regarding storytelling for your character.
    Now, I know Old Republic is lacking in more than one way, but one thing it did RIGHT was telling a story, where beside the normal quests, you have your class quests, which can only be accessed through certain gateways by certain classes.
    In WoW, this would be a very difficult thing to implement into already existing world, even with phasing,... or it would, until the Thunder King patch came, where you advanced your faction's war-effort on Isle of Thunder through single player scenario, or the "legendary" Warlock questline.

With that, we could easly put in characters that would serve as "start scenario" button and we wouldn't affaect or developers to be forced to change the zone.

Now people may start an argument that this will consume too much time developing story scenarios for all 11 classes every 10 lvls, developers could use for other things and we'd be back to problem #3 of Cataclysm, but I disagree. Pretty sure they have other people to handsle that.

Your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    As you said, Blizzard would probably counter argue saying the time it would take to make 11 individual scenarios for each class could be better spent making 11 generic scenarios that everyone could play in, but I agree with you, I feel like WoW has percious little RP for a MMORPG and we could benefit from something like that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a niche just right for scenarios. Rather than being tiny dungeons, they're tools for telling big moments in the story or as your class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    That's what I'm talking about, Blizz has a great oppertunity to introduce more RPG in it. It would be damn nice to make CHOICE quests already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres alot of room to improve on Scenarios.

What you suggested is pretty much exactly what you do in your guild wars 2 personal story. Something like that would be really cool in WoW aswell i think. But i don't see it happening sadly because such a feature would need plenty dev time to flesh out.

Deleted
    Well lets put some pressure on them, shall we?

10+ Year Old Account
    As people have said, the time that would be needed to develop this idea would likely be seen as not worth it by the devs. Cool idea, though. I certainly miss class specific quests to a degree, I remember going to Desolace to get my Warlock's succubus and as it was a place I hadn't been to before it was a sort of a new experience.

The problem being that once you complete them once, and once you out-level them they become rather pointless.
    A dungeon or scenario at a given level will remain appropriate for any character at or a little above that level rather than just that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem being that once you complete them once, and once you out-level them they become rather pointless.
    A dungeon or scenario at a given level will remain appropriate for any character at or a little above that level rather than just that one.
    Scenarios would be great for class quests, able to do quest mechanics and story, with far more class related problem solving and no harrasment, and would be worth it in a long run to have class stuff back.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't think scenarios have reached their full potential. I was kind of hoping we'd see some variation in them as the patches went on. I remember them saying they'd consider doing larger player scenarios. I see it working for classes. Just not for a personal story. Unless you had rival factions and had to pick a side.

Actually the devs have talked about some solo content that they've been working on so it's not so far-fetched. I think WoW is a less personal game than SWTOR and is more about the world than you personally, so I'd expect that kind of thing to be more like solo class quests rather than personal stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Im not an expert on coding so maybe im wrong but basically 1 players scenarios are phased zones that only your toon interacts with? If so I see it as an easy medium do do class specific events as all that needs to be done is swap a few npcs and change dialogues to make the scenarios fit the class or event thats taking place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Im not an expert on coding so maybe im wrong but basically 1 players scenarios are phased zones that only your toon interacts with? If so I see it as an easy medium do do class specific events as all that needs to be done is swap a few npcs and change dialogues to make the scenarios fit the class or event thats taking place.
    Exactly.

That's why I don't see a reason that it'd be hard to implant something like this.