10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.

wow folder question. please help

I am going to do a fresh install of win7 on my ssd, and I was wondering if i could move the blizzard folder to my sata drive and do the install and move it back.

I have no desire to re download wow.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to move wow freely as long as you keep everything together.

Personally I have the discs so I would just save my addon folder and screenshot folder and do a clean install.

Note the last time I tried moving the whole thing was maybe a year ago.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Deleted
    Yes, you can just copy the folder to another drive. WoW is portable and there's no need to reinstall/download.

The only "non-portable" component is the Battle.net Launcher, which will get automatically redownloaded when you run WoW after reinstallation of Windows. It gets stored in \ProgramData\Battle.net\Client
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2013-05-14 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    thanks folks, that's a huge load off my mind. I got a free copy of windows 8... From the little bit i've read that's about what it's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    thanks folks, that's a huge load off my mind. I got a free copy of windows 8... From the little bit i've read that's about what it's worth.
    Can't really complain about free. Though if you disagree with this I will happily take your win8 license.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    You should be able to move wow freely as long as you keep everything together.

Personally I have the discs so I would just save my addon folder and screenshot folder and do a clean install.

Note the last time I tried moving the whole thing was maybe a year ago.
    Why would you do a clean install? The game is just going to fetch gigabytes from the net right after until the install looks the same as it was before.