Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    Heres a guide on how to do it
    -helpful information-
    I appreciate the effort you put into typing out everything, and even giving me scenarios where it would help. The extra typing was worth it, imo
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Deleted
    the GPU , 7870 XT is at this point in time the best performing card in it's price segment. (and delivers very high end performance for it's value)
    the nvidia equal would be something between a 660(Ti) but costs +- 50-100 $ more depending on the model.

edit: killora atleast you can make long quality posts, whenever i attempt those they end up as an undigestable wall of text that barely makes any sense )
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-05-14 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    Edit: curses shroudster. I shouldn't have typed so much! :/.
    I liked it, very informative for anyone wondering :P
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    As Killora said, overclocking gives benefits in stuff like 25 mans. For a real world example...

I got my 3570K and used the stock cooler. I could run at High at about 50-60fps stable most of the time, but 25 man stuff (LFR pretty much) I would see it dip down into the high 30s and 40s.

With a little overclock (That honestly took about 5 minutes of 'work' and running some Prime95 tests overnight for 2-3 days), I now get a pretty stable 55-60fps everywhere, anytime.

Of course, WoW is a bit long in the tooth, and the engine isn't optimized quite as well as it could be, you WILL see occasional spikes. But rare. Example would be the first 10 seconds of Lei Shen in LFR, and Hunter's Stampede. Blizzard says they're fixing it. It happens, and nothing is perfect, but right now my system (with a lesser video card) effectively plays WoW 'perfectly'
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab