Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Bad idea. Diabetics in particular would get screwed by a "0.00" limit. They regularly have ketone/alcohol/ester bodies in their bloodstream due to side pathway catalysis of high blood glucose.
    Worst case scenario they would be able to prove that in traffic court and recoup any fines/ lost costs due to license suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Worst case scenario they would be able to prove that in traffic court and recoup any fines/ lost costs due to license suspension.
    That hardly seems fair to a diabetic who has to show up in court on whatever random day the court date falls on.

Doesnt effect me too much, generally if im going out to drink ill have two or so beers at dinner then relax with a water or something until we are leaving. I think we need to develop a test to tell wither someone is too tired to drive though, as its significantly more dangerous then drinking and driving.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Doesnt effect me too much, generally if im going out to drink ill have two or so beers at dinner then relax with a water or something until we are leaving. I think we need to develop a test to tell wither someone is too tired to drive though, as its significantly more dangerous then drinking and driving.
    I agree with this entirely. The least safe I've felt driving is when driving tired. If you're extremely tired while driving you can even go in and out of consciousness. Much more dangerous than having a couple of drinks at dinner and then driving home from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    I think it's a good idea. You really shouldn't be drinking at all if you're driving.
    Agreed. People need to take some responsibility for themselves here.

I've never seen a driver plainly driving drunk.

I once saw a thoroughly tired driver swerving on the interstate.

I see drivers staring at the mobile device in their lap as they speed past ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post

I see drivers staring at the mobile device in their lap as they speed past ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
    This should be less of an issue now a days, most phones have a talk to text option, and the ability to read a text to you... but i agree i see this far too often.

That's absurd. 0.05 is not drunk or impaired.

Seriously, a wine over dinner and you can get busted with this kind of thing. The goal of these organizations is really prohibition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Bad idea. Diabetics in particular would get screwed by a "0.00" limit. They regularly have ketone/alcohol/ester bodies in their bloodstream due to side pathway catalysis of high blood glucose. The limit is set high enough that false positives won't potentially ruin the life of an innocent person who didn't drink at all.
    Did not know this, live and learn!
    Despite that, there wouldn't be an issue since there easily could be leeway for diagnosed diabetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    When you say it is not hard to make arrangements to not drive home after drinking, I think that's true in an urban setting. However if you are going out to dinner with 1 other person and you live in a rural place, should you just not ever be able to have any alcohol with dinner? If you have to drive 30-40 mins to a city and then want a taxi to take you back to a rural town, they might charge you round trip because they won't get fares in your rural town. More likely they just wouldn't take you. All of that to prevent driving after having 1 drink?
    To me, that's a life choice situation. Want to drink when you go out? Live in an urban area or have a DD in your group. I don't see people's desire to drink at dinner as a more important right than other people not facing increased chance of death on the road.

10+ Year Old Account

In civilized parts of the world all that you listed is against the law.

I think the limit here is 0.05, but it could be 0.00, wouldn't really care, as when I drink there is someone else that drives, or I get home with public transportation anyway.

This is already illegal more places than not, and it should probably carry steeper penalties than it does.

I don't know why people feel entitled to do whatever the fuck they like while operating a 4000 pound device that's one of the leading cause of death.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The goal of these organizations is really prohibition.
    Why am I on their side then? I really, really enjoy drinking. I have a beer more nights than not, I enjoy wine out to dinner, I drink heavily at celebrations, and so on. I'm not anti-alcohol at all, I'm against other people increasing my chance of death for absolutely no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    That hardly seems fair to a diabetic who has to show up in court on whatever random day the court date falls on.
    Add legal fees and the risk of your documents got being good enough for the court.

I see it being more about money and control than saftey

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/us/nts...html?hpt=hp_t1

It's aimed at curbing drunk driving, but I personally wonder from a biological standpoint if this is too low.

It's not aimed at curbing drunk driving, it's aimed at increasing revenue by increasing the amount of dwi's issued