Deleted

Destruction Warlock stats (for the milionth time!)

Hello guys,

I'm a long time reader of these forums and ever since 5.2 hit live servers I was pondering about what stats to go for.

I know the usual answer to this question is to run simcraft of my character, but I don't really trust simcraft. Firstly, there's almost no scenario in real raiding where you are doing pure patchwerk style and secondly I heard that the model tends to undervaluate destro.

Anyway, I'm quite confused about what should I reforge - I'm torn between mastery and haste, I know mastery does great in AoE situations while haste is mainly for single target DPS (which as I said are quite rare). I should also note that I'm currently wearing two RPPM trinkets as I understood its proc rates are also improved with haste.

I tried to find help by looking at other warlocks masteries (notably Zumzum and Brusalk) but while Zumzum goes nuts with mastery, Brusalk seems to aim for a more balanced setup. The question I ponder is why is that? Can Zumzum go full mastery and still do great numbers on all fight because he's part of a 25man guild and therefore there might be more opportunities to generate embers (more adds to hit and so on) or is it just a matter of preference and the differences between the stats are not that important?

Personally, I'm leaning towards the crazy mastery build, but I'm not sure it is a viable gearing strategy as I'm raiding with 10 man group and Zumzum's results might be an exception that confirms the rule.

My char can be viewed on EU armory under the name Rivio.

Currently, I'm gemmed and partly reforged for haste/mastery, I tried some experimenting on tonight's progress of HC Twins

Anyway, any tips, insights and other ideas are very welcome and I'd be very happy if either Brusalk or Zumzum actually provided an insight into their thinking proces when gemming and reforging.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by mmoc66d840c490; 2013-05-14 at 09:46 PM.

There's no actual post in there. Odd.

**edit**
    And now somehow it looks like I'm the OP or something, even though Rovio posted the thread. Even odder.

Deleted
    Yes, it was my thread but its content disappeared for some reason :-(. It was quite long...

I've already notified the administrator.

*insert Twilight Zone music here*

Deleted
    Okay, I've managed to recreate the thread but sadly, I had to post a new one (with the exact same name). I'm kindly asking for locking this thread.

Our spam filter tends to catch threads from people who are under 15 posts total on the forums. However, an additional feature is that it checks edits made to posts by those people as well. So when you edited this thread's OP, it went into the spam filter.

Since you already made a new one, I'll just close this one, but yeah. That's the reasoning!
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-05-14 at 10:09 PM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions