Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    As someone who doesn't play hunter I really believe they need to fix the second tier, EVERYONE takes silencing shot on PTR... Maybe give hunter a 30-40 sec CD base interrupt with a 1 sec cast time or something xD?
    I can understand what you want, but a cast time on an interrupt would make it pretty damn useless imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They are nerfing the wrong stuff, BM my favourite spec since I started playing my hunter god knows how long ago, has been fucking destroyed. You are no longer an unstoppable force that cannot be killed until your rage subsides, your now just a big red target that says "STUN ME so my CD can be wasted!".

Im just done with them, ill continue playing and sighing at every patch since I dont feel like changing mains. But if they ever release a ranged class like demon hunters or whatever, were dead.
    I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but I've just come off the 5.3 ptr and I felt pretty strong on my Hunter, we have less control through no Intimidation and Shale Spider Web Wrap cd being increased but our sustained is very good. Pretty much constant 800 PvP power through the new set bonus and the Aspect buff really add up.. Our damage in cd's is still high as well, just not stupidly high. This is BG's and duels so arena will likely be different but just in general.

Not to mention you use BW to break stuns so even if you did get stunned straight away (which is unlikely since they've just stunned you) it will be half dr and trinketable.

That being said, Ret and Mages are seemingly godly on the ptr and Shamans are very strong.

I dont get how BM hunters are getting all these nerfs and Mages are left compelely alone... Mages have just as much CC as hunters and even more burst. I know BM is strong, but it has to be in order to compete with classes like the mage. Yes, mages have to cast polymorph, but they can spam that shit all day. Counterspell also lasts 1 sec longer than silencing shot, deep is 5 secs! or 4 if glyphed but not on GCD, RoF or Frostjaw, 2 aoe roots, and ridiculous burst damage. Im not saying mages need to be nerfed to the ground, which i know they wont do, but BM should not be nerfed so heavily and mages should def be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    I dont get how BM hunters are getting all these nerfs and Mages are left compelely alone... Mages have just as much CC as hunters and even more burst. I know BM is strong, but it has to be in order to compete with classes like the mage. Yes, mages have to cast polymorph, but they can spam that shit all day. Counterspell also lasts 1 sec longer than silencing shot, deep is 5 secs! or 4 if glyphed but not on GCD, RoF or Frostjaw, 2 aoe roots, and ridiculous burst damage. Im not saying mages need to be nerfed to the ground, which i know they wont do, but BM should not be nerfed so heavily and mages should def be looked at.
    Please don't start this. It won't end well.

Also you are completely ignoring the fact that they just got a couple nerfs.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Flameglow now absorbs damage from each attack made against the Mage equal to 15% of their spellpower (down from 20%).
    Incanter's Ward now allows the Mage to gain up to a maximum of 15% increase to spell damage, down from 30%, but the effect now lasts 25 seconds, up from 15 seconds.
    So for the people who use these abilities get a 5% loss in spell power mitigation paired with a 15% damage loss (from burst, not sure about sustained) which are both pretty huge.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Notice all these BM changes are directed for pvp.... quite a shame really learn to deal with this shit so the raiders aren't affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory_Dragon View Post
    Notice all these BM changes are directed for pvp.... quite a shame really learn to deal with this shit so the raiders aren't affected.
    The raiders got buffed. Substantially so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory_Dragon View Post
    We are affected. We cant stun/silence the adds any more. Unles we take the XXX pet that has nerfed cc. I will probaly stick with spirit beast and stun.

But i realy dont understand why blizzard doesnt change the scatter shot too also work as interupt on the immune mobs.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... no?

The only thing they're nerfing is pet CC (which, combined with the hunter's CC, is pretty damn powerful) in PvP, PVE spells are getting cooldown reductions so they aren't affected.
    The Burrow Attack CD change is the same- Rabid is a pet damage buff for SV/MM, but a slight nerf for BM.

It SEEMS that some very important PvE spells aren't being changed though- turtle/beetle's shield 50% raid wall, tenacity's last stand, and Cower aren't getting a CD reduction. Overall pet survivability is a nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I feel like with the 10% buff and the addition of Blink Strikes hunters will be in a fairly good spot PvE wise (BM moreso), obviously not topping meters but will definitely see a noticeable dps increase.

I can't wait for 5.3, because these buffs + 3k valor worth of upgrades, every hunter raiding heroics should see a significant increase in dps.

Deleted
    I'm worried about blink strikes causing the pet to do stupid stuff and despawn or get stuck in places easier. There are alot of mechanics or platforms in this game that are not friendly to pets and I can imagine it happening not just in this tier but in the future raiding / dungeon content aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    I'm worried about blink strikes causing the pet to do stupid stuff and despawn or get stuck in places easier. There are alot of mechanics or platforms in this game that are not friendly to pets and I can imagine it happening not just in this tier but in the future raiding / dungeon content aswell.
    I feel ya. My pet sometimes randomly despawns on meg/jikun/durumu.

Deleted
    don't remind me about pets and durumu i still got safari nightmares from that one -_- stupid big hitbox

Just for your information : blink strike only works on spell like "bite" not the pet auto attacks.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    As someone who doesn't play hunter I really believe they need to fix the second tier, EVERYONE takes silencing shot on PTR... Maybe give hunter a 30-40 sec CD base interrupt with a 1 sec cast time or something xD?
    this is the problem with hunters, they love trash spells. who the hell would ask for a CASTED interupt on a 30-40 sec CD, we need either a 15sec interupt or just silencing shot baseline. simple as this. nothing less is better and will never be.

is like those retards hunters asking for nerf to BM so they can play MM. really, if you want to play MM or SV in pvp or pve whats stoping you?

i saw Kripparian playing BM in firelands and he would beat out MM hunters when BM was "Worthless" most of the time isnt the spec that is holding you.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
    I feel ya. My pet sometimes randomly despawns on meg/jikun/durumu.
    isnt randomly, is you. once you finish your flight dont fly again and the pet wont disapear. move with your mouse and you wont have this issue after flying. meg is a know bug same with durumu, is because pets try to go where they cant be or in the case of durumu they try to get inside of the hitbox of the boss and the boss push them off the map.

PvE buffs, PvP nerfs.

Fine by me, because I can't be arsed with PvP. A lot of it is just making sure that one spec doesn't get big advantages over the others in PvP, like BM clearly had (hence the nerfs).

Some legit PvE buffs in there. Blink Strikes looks good now. Extra attack power from AotH is always welcome. Beast Cleave might change BM AoE from "ooh, that tickles" to something worth casting Multi-Shot for.

How many folks are going to switch to SV for pvp, now that all specs get intimidation?
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-05-20 at 06:48 PM.

Intimidation isn't baseline, it's a talent in the same tier as Silencing Shot (i.e., it will never be used again).

Unless they very recently changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Intimidation isn't baseline, it's a talent in the same tier as Silencing Shot (i.e., it will never be used again).

Unless they very recently changed that.
    I meant that all specs get it. My mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How many folks are going to switch to SV for pvp, now that all specs get intimidation?
    Survival will still be garbage compared to the other specs. SS trumps Intimidation so much that it's not worth using.

Shame really because Survival is a really fun spec to play, the circle of WoW -_-.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really going to miss Binding Shot for PvE and questing. Not enough to go MM just for it though.
    Old Gods made me do it.