Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    We all know the British aren't actual people. They're made in a factory just to be villains or pretentious people on American television.
    he's Scottish not British
    Well now I don't read that daily news
    'Cause it ain't hard to figure
    Where people get the blues
    They can't dig what they can't use
    If they stick to themselves
    They'd be much less abused

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    he's Scottish not British
    Scots are Brits. They live on the island of Great Britain. Don't confuse "British" with "English".
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    This GRAND re-opening, where can i watch this, i like to watch trains crash
    They could pull it off if they take into account Ramsey's advice. But if the two episodes are any indication, no chance in hell. They'll go down fighting and flipping off every customer they see.

It's insane how they can come to the conclusion a food critic saying firmly to them "this pizza is raw" and pointing at the clearly uncooked dough, that the food is just fine, the food critic is just an ass who wants their business closed.

They seem to be taking up the motto "the customer is always wrong." The real version should be closer to: "The customer is not always right, but they are your source of income, so treat them well, and do what they ask."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-05-18 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They could pull it off if they take into account Ramsey's advice. But if the two episodes are any indication, no chance in hell. They'll go down fighting and flipping off every customer they see.

It's insane how they can come to the conclusion a food critic saying firmly to them "this pizza is raw" and pointing at the clearly uncooked dough, that the food is just fine, the food critic is just an ass who wants their business closed.
    Well, the odd thing about this episode is that he left before he even started on the phase of giving out advice. He was still uncovering random crap they were doing.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Well, the odd thing about this episode is that he left before he even started on the phase of giving out advice. He was still uncovering random crap they were doing.
    I don't find that particularly odd given the way they were acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I don't find that particularly odd given the way they were acting.
    This. People seem to be stopping the video before he does his concluding statement. Ramsay specifically states that he doesn't go into that phase because NOTHING he would have said to them would have stuck past the first day out of that kitchen. And we all know that's true; He could have wasted his time going into that kitchen and showing them how it was done. He could have whipped that restaurant into the best thing ever laid eyes on. But it all would have been wasted effort when both her and her husband flipped and screamed at every customer that walked into the place. Thank god he didn't try with these people; I admire his guts.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    There's a theory that the whole business there is a money laundering scheme.
    Yup. Worked for a place exactly like this in college...stealing the servers tips and waaaay overly aggressive husband and wife owners.

The restaurant hardly broke even but it was a front for their illegal betting and money laundering schemes they had going on. After finding that out i quit on the next payday and they put a stop payment on my final check to get back at me.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

been in the service industry for a long time. this is quite possibly one of the saddest things ive seen considering the capital available to invest in it. on every level this place is failing and Yelp's page says they're 'temporarily closed'. HA....the place wont reopen most likely and that's a good thing for the sanity and safety of the public and their employees.

i also want to share a lengthy, yet fucking hilarious, review from yelp. satirical genius.

"A friend and I ate here some time ago and after all the recent attention that these two otherwise fine, fine individuals have gone through I feel compelled to speak out in their defense.

Upon entering, we were greeted by a warm and engaging Samy who hustled us excitedly, and totally not at all psychotically, to the nearest table. While perusing the best, and most honest and forthcoming, menu on planet earth, I hardly noticed that Samy had removed our shoes and was giving us pedicures! He said it was 'just one of those things we do!' Now THAT is service.

After our leg massages (although a little high up the thigh, Samy you rascal, this is a family show!) we ordered Caesar salads to start followed by a pizza and totally not ever shipped from 500 miles away ravioli. We were thrilled to wait the 3 hours for the salad to arrive as Amy came out of the kitchen to fawn over the staff and perform a little soft shoe for her adoring, and totally not starving, fans. Initially we thought the dressing was contrived over spiced crap, but Samy was kind enough to remind us that, although by a conservative estimate we had eaten over 43,000 meals in our lives, we have no fucking idea what we are talking about and we should probably just shut the fuck up. We all had a good laugh!

The fig jalapeno mutton black truffle oil velveeta shallot mango pizza arrived a barely perceived 53 minutes later. Lest anyone think that it looked like a luke warm, soggy pile of cow shit with smaller lumps of multi colored shit all over the top of it making us want to vomit, I can assure you friendly reader, it most certainly did not. Minutes after gutting down the skittles pizza we both began to uncontrollably projectile vomit and foul our pants simultaneously. Samy stopped by to remind us that not only did we not know how to eat, we knew even less about shitting and puking. Right again Samy. Right again.

Next up, the pepper encrusted okra pelican corn sweet spicy sour turnip sea snail, totally not shipped from 500 miles away, ravioli took our breath away. Along with the rest of the contents of our stomachs and bowels. Samy complemented us on improving our technique since the last bout but wisely cautioned us not to 'get big heads over it fucksticks'. He reminded us of his 'gangster' status and that he and his gang of other greasy haired 108 year old foaming at the mouth raving psychopath friends would 'fuck our asses up' and steal our gramophones, and our bicycles with giant front wheels and tiny rear wheels.

Amy then emerged from the kitchen wild eyed and ranting about 'the haters' and accused us of being among their ranks. But when she found out how much we had been threatened to enjoy her 'food' she broke into an interpretive dance that involved smearing our excrement all over her body as an acceptance of our compliment. Oh look at the time! It was 5:36am two days after we had arrived. Samy promptly doubled our check, added a 36% tip which he then pocketed, and after a little more soft shoe from Amy we went merrily on our way as she lovingly screamed obscenities at us in way of a final farewell.

Bravo Samy and Amy.

Bravo."

I haven't watched it yet, frankly the prospect of anything that could be too much for Ramsay is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I haven't watched it yet, frankly the prospect of anything that could be too much for Ramsay is disturbing.
    It wasn't really "too much." It was "I could get in a shouting match with you for the next 5 days, but I have better shit to do."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

"Video removed by user"...

LE: nwm, found it

LE#2: These people are messed up, I almost feel bad for laughing my ass. Their employees deserve better...
    Last edited by Hextor; 2013-05-18 at 09:52 AM.

I'll pop in once more. People who say that it was staged don't mean that owners are not like it was shown in the show. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of crazy people, like them, in 300 million country.
    The point is that all, or most, of this shouting was not "authentic" and it was scripted. This way or another.

So come on, don't tell me that while they send a whole team with cameras one day earlier and next day mr Ramsey doesn't know anything about happened there. Please, he knew exactly what happened there, he knew what reputation the restaurant has. He knew it weeks earlier when forming some plan about how deal with it.
    Also, in the beginning when those 2 guys were thrown out... Cameras running all around them and they argue with the owner like if the camera wasn't there? Any normal person would shout to the camera instead - either trying to make bad PR for the owner or demanding to shut the camera off.
    And that couple arguing with everyone in full voice? No matter how stupid they might be, even they would know lashing out, cursing and arguing with each other looks bad. Everyone would try to do it silently - in whispers preferably. They didn't even try - they just shouted so that every microphone and client could hear.

To me it all sounds like "we know you are crazy and we want to make a show out of it. So act as crazy as you can, and if it's good we will make another show out of it. Start with throwing some clients out, and next day our guy will come pretending he doesn't know anything. For the whole show he will act really nice and calm to contrast with your craziness. Do that and we'll pay you nicely and you'll become a star. But break our agreement by telling someone about it and we sue you dry and get back our cash".

This couple is basically a star now. How many people in US would be willing to do this kind of stuff, or even worse, to get this kind of publicity?
    With the kind of money show creators make I strongly doubt they would be risking by relying on "authenticity" of their participants. No, they would rather make sure the show gets juicy and spicy. Sending actors as customers, making deals with staff or owners and pretending. Whatever makes show more interesting.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    The point is that all, or most, of this shouting was not "authentic" and it was scripted. This way or another.
    Except that the waitress that got fired answered this in the AMA and to her knowledge there was no script or instructions given beyond "do your job and don't look at the cameras"...
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Well, I just watched it.

Strange, I've never found myself staring intently at a person through a screen willing intently for them to just set on fire before. Am I a bad person? I just want her to burn

Hah....this event is already becoming a real and not forced internet meme:
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events...any-pr-scandal

Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Snip
    Haha that was great
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

I have worked in many restaurants and actually a boss like them. If you asked a question or something happened he didn't like he would flip out. I avoided him as much as possible during the time I worked there. I actually got hurt on the job and when my doctor took me out of work and told me I could not continue doing me job and needed to take me out of work, he called my house after I left and told me "If I opened a workers comp claim, I would be sorry, he would personally make sure I would be."

He once threw a tantrum because the whip cream the baker made "wasn't whipped enough", which consisted of him throwing food around the back of the kitchen and then locking himself in the pantry yelling, screaming, swearing and throwing canned food around.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Link to their HI-LA-RI-OUS Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco

Link to their supposedly newFacebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amys-...04584339673227
    FYI - Both pages are down now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

Interview with the other waitress for the people claiming it's fake...

http://www.mix969.com/pages/mathewbl...ticle=11298061
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

final got to see the train wreck.
    also came across this little gem whilst looking for an episode online
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy