Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Rank heroic ToT bosses by difficulty

    Moving into heroic mode ToT this week and wondering what the relative difficulty of the bosses are like on heroic. If you had to rank them in order of easiest to hardest what would your list be?
    From what I've seen Jin'Rohk and Ji'Kun seem to be the two easiest but not sure.

  2. #2
    jinrokh, jikun, tortos, horridon, qon, twins, megara (unless you have lots of hybrids that can respec heals, which makes this encounter significantly easier), primordius/council depending on 10/25, -moderate difficulty gap- durumu -big difficulty gap- animus, lei shen

  3. #3

  4. #4
    the question needs to state if this is 25man or 10man, 10man has a hilariously broken order of progress.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the question needs to state if this is 25man or 10man, 10man has a hilariously broken order of progress.
    Sorry, I'm talking 10man.

  6. #6
    Easy ones: jinrokh > jikun > tortos > horridon > qon > primordius
    Average: twins (if you don't have enough dps, just skip it until you have enough gear on dps) > durumu > megaera > council
    Hard: animus > ra-den > lei shen

    ps: 10/13hc so far

  7. #7
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Easy ones: jinrokh > jikun > tortos > horridon > qon > primordius
    Average: twins (if you don't have enough dps, just skip it until you have enough gear on dps) > durumu > megaera > council
    Hard: animus > ra-den > lei shen

    ps: 10/13hc so far
    If you're walking into Heroic aim to kill Jinrokh > Jikun / Tortos > Horridon > Qon> Primordius > Council > Megaera/Durumu/Twins (this is where you kill the boss depending on your guild and their playstyle really. What boss can your guild handle better than another?) Then comes Animus - Lei Shen - Ra-den. This is the progression path I'd take, however if you raid 5 days a week etc then going Jin rokh > Horridon > Tortos > Ji kun is nice as you can kill multiple bosses each reset.

    And yes I know that Lei Shen is harder than Ra-den, but you can't progress Ra-den until you kill Lei Shen.

    If relevant my guild currently has 11/13 25HC & 9/13 10HC in alt run. Both runs have a 2 days schedule.
    Last edited by Claynoe; 2013-05-15 at 09:05 AM.

  8. #8
    I'm surprised by how high Mageara ends up on these lists. We honestly had more trouble with Tortos vs. Magaera :P

    Mageara is very healer dependent so if your healing crew is strong you can probably do it sooner.

  9. #9
    From easiest to hardest:

    Ji-kun -> Jin'rokh-> Horridon -> Durumu -> Tortos -> Megaera -> Council -> Primordius -> Dark Animus -> Iron Qon -> Twins -> Lei Shen -> Ra-den
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-05-16 at 04:56 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    If relevant my guild currently has 11/13 25HC & 9/13 10HC in alt run. Both runs have a 2 days schedule.
    Wow, that's pretty impressive considering 2 raid days.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Vashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    From easiest to hardest:

    Ji-kun -> Jin'rokh-> Horridon -> Durumu -> Tortos -> Megaera -> Council -> Primordius -> Dark Animus -> Iron Qon -> Twins -> Lei Shen -> Ra-den
    Are you sure about this? We are currently 7/13 ( we went jinrokh; horridon; tortos; ji-kun; iron-qon; council; megaera ) and now we will be prolly heading for twins. But 10 man tho. Durum there really distract me the most.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    From easiest to hardest:

    Ji-kun -> Jin'rokh-> Horridon -> Durumu -> Tortos -> Megaera -> Council -> Primordius -> Dark Animus -> Iron Qon -> Twins -> Lei Shen -> Ra-den
    Woah, is Durumu really that low? Our group found council and prim to be some of the easier heroics (wiped more on Qon/Horridon), if so we may try attempt that before Megaera.

  13. #13
    10m heroic for me:
    Jin'rokh->Ji-kun->Iron Qon->Tortos=Horridon->Primordius->Magaera->Twins->Council->Durumu->Ra-Den->Dark Animus->Lei Shen

  14. #14
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircroth View Post
    Woah, is Durumu really that low? Our group found council and prim to be some of the easier heroics (wiped more on Qon/Horridon), if so we may try attempt that before Megaera.
    I don't know what kind of glue the guy posting this had sniffed before posting, but Durumu is definitely not easier than Tortos, Council & Iron Qon. The fight revolves around managing stuns, grips & beams + some coordination. Also it is a bigger number check both for healing & DPS than both Iron Qon, Council & Tortos. Also Iron Qon is easier than horridon for some guilds, while this guy ranked it as harder than animus. Maybe his memory is all blurry since he did it a long time ago in his super duper top guild. (Not hating on top 30 guilds, but there is no need to put inaccurate, weird info here)

  15. #15
    Pit Lord HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircroth View Post
    Woah, is Durumu really that low? Our group found council and prim to be some of the easier heroics (wiped more on Qon/Horridon), if so we may try attempt that before Megaera.
    Only 99 guilds in the US have killed him on Heroic. Of that, only 48 US guilds have killed him on 25 man. So...
    Tiriel <Demise> of US-Kel'Thuzad

    Thank you to Yoni for this AMAZING signature!

  16. #16
    Is Qon seriously THAT easy on Heroic? We killed H Ji'kun in few pulls but normal Qon was one of the tougher normal fights early on.

  17. #17
    Pit Lord HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,314
    Jin'rokh -> Tortose -> Horridon -> Ji-Kun -> Megeara - > Primordius -> Iron Qon -> Council -> Twins -> Durumu -> Dark Animus -> Lei Shen.

    Ra-den appears to be significantly easier than Lei-Shen from what I've seen.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 03:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Is Qon seriously THAT easy on Heroic? We killed H Ji'kun in few pulls but normal Qon was one of the tougher normal fights early on.
    I found it harder on 25 man than Primordius because of the damage patterns. I hear he's extremely easy and undertuned on 10 man, though.
    Tiriel <Demise> of US-Kel'Thuzad

    Thank you to Yoni for this AMAZING signature!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    I don't know what kind of glue the guy posting this had sniffed before posting, but Durumu is definitely not easier than Tortos, Council & Iron Qon. The fight revolves around managing stuns, grips & beams + some coordination. Also it is a bigger number check both for healing & DPS than both Iron Qon, Council & Tortos. Also Iron Qon is easier than horridon for some guilds, while this guy ranked it as harder than animus. Maybe his memory is all blurry since he did it a long time ago in his super duper top guild. (Not hating on top 30 guilds, but there is no need to put inaccurate, weird info here)
    Tortos and qon are jokes. I'd put Durumu around the same as council, a bit easier on healers, a bit harsher on dps, less forgiving on fails overall.

  19. #19
    Qon is just about rng in p1, and controlling arcing lightning, get that sorted and it's almost as easy as normal. The triple dog phase doesn't last long enough for it to be much concern, as long as your dps isn't insanely low.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  20. #20
    JinRokh > JiKun > Iron Qon > Tortos > Horridon > Council > Megaera > Primordius > Twins > Durumu > Raden > Animus > Lei shen

    I'm 13/13h. Twins may be able to move up more to around council / megaera.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •