5.3 unholy plans

Okay so I have been playing about 3 classes regularly this season: Mage, DK, Lock and have been focusing mainly on my DK since he's been my best pvp toon and thankfully got a legit 2.2k rating so I'll be getting elite gear on him which is why im planning to stick to unholy in 5.3 even though he will be changed more so than my other toons. Mage was really fun for me, and anyone else playing the class but when i saw the ward/ crit modifier I knew it would be getting nerfed, just didn't know it would be in 5.3.

So anyway this is what im planning for my DK, so any critique would be cool. I will be focusing on arenas in 5.3 only.

Unholy
    Full tyrannical with strength proc trink

Going to be getting all haste gear, and reforging the non-haste stat to Mastery. (orc + axe = expertise bonus)
    already set up for it, current stats :
    Haste. 45.52% (4,352)
    Crit. 10.54% (as long as crit isnt below 10% this setup should be good)
    Mastery: 44.54% (5,818)
    Pvp Power: 51.18% (with resilience gems, will be reverting in 5.3 so power will be higher pending the patch changes, and switching gems)

3's play style:
    Mastery shadow damage, pressure into kill
    Spreading aids and trying to keep up NS on healer and kill target, while stacking blood taps for switches. The good part about this responsibility is that we can be more involved in the kill rather to keeping pressure and being there only for Necrotics.

Mastery Scourge Strike rotation is going to be, in my opinion, just the same damage wise as Obliterate, frost strike dump is for frost since Scourge Strike will be buffed now. And with mastery, the Death Coil dumps will hit just as hard, and with Blood Tap will stack up for necrotic Strike. So really it's like having a Primary and secondary dump, which will allow for Runes to come off CD to go back into RP generating back into the dump phases quickly. This will have alot more uptime of pressure.

Example opener:
    1. DPS CD macro (Garg and Frenzy, + w/e else) Chains (not needed since PS applies both DoTs, but is needed for the gloves bonus to generate more RP)
    2. Scourge Strikex2 (Mastery priority with CDs will hit really hard)
    3. Festering Strike
    4. Death Coil Dump (mastery and with CDs still up, will hit the hardest)
    *Blood Tap talent turns Death Coils into Death Rune stacks, IE: Necrotic Strikes
    5. Necrotic Strike all blood taps
    6. Empower rune weapon and spam Scourge strike until 100% RP
    7. Dump all RP with Death Coil
    8. Soul reaper
    9. Dump Blood taps into Necrotic Strikes

Probably rotate my Silence or stun before I empower rune weapon, or re position ghoul so when he X-forms (after 5 Deathcoils) he will have a ready to go Leap (leap in x-form state= stun) so its really good to use that ghoul ontop of your own silence/stun effect. And then can interrupt cast or Peels with Double Death grip (4-piece bonus) and Mind freeze of course during mid cast for silence effect. You can bet that if you save your mind freeze that you wont be fake casted, or "juked" due to the amount of pressure you're putting out.

Also at the same time I empower rune weapon, I would Blood Boil to spread Dots to really mask out a switch if needed later in the fight.

Gems:
    Going to be using Prismatic's with Full pvp power gems
    Blue, pvp power
    Red str+ power
    Ignore socket bonuses if not strength

Enchants,
    Crit/ cloak (nothing else better for unholy)
    Bracers/ gloves = Strength
    Boots= Mastery+speed5.2 400 power
    And here is the "unorthodox one, Weapon= Glorious Tyranny (5.2 400 power+200 resil+ 50% reduction to disarm)
    There was a blue post stating that the effect of resilience to this enchant will be converted into more pvp power, and with the 5% reduction to unholy might I believe that pvp power will be paired better with Mastery, while using strength for Procs, rather than stats stat as strength.

Static stats I mean stats via gems. (strength < pvp power)
    So mastery is going to be the go to ReForge, power> str as gems and enchants. And using the Strength damage modifier from procs rather than static gem stats. I will still be suing strength gems, just not pure strength.

ALOT of what I said is the strat for Unholy currently, but is Haste oriented while going tunnel on Necrotic Strike and ignoring Scourge Strike. But in 5.3 I believe this tweek will result in highest pressure possible in lieu of our "nerf". Bursty spike damage is going to be reduced in those R1 5.2 classes (mages*cough) so will really allow us to be in UnHoly pres > blood presence (also with sudden doom not procing in blood pres anymore) Following our opener, we could probably make a good season out of Conversion in Unholy presence. Its pretty much if you run blood pres unholy, conversion... If you run Unholy pres, death pact. Conversion won't do any effective healing in unholy since Dks can be wrecked in a few secs if not blood pres (which is why you go Pact in 5.2)

Opinions?

(Macros mentioned)
    Blood tap/ Necrotic strike:

#showtooltip necrotic Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast necrotic strike

Leap (setting up kill with ghoul stun)

#showtooltip Leap
    /cast [target=focus] Leap

#showtooltip Gnaw
    /cast [target=focus] Gnaw

DPS Macro

#showtooltip Unholy Frenzy
    /cast Outbreak
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Summon Gargoyle
    /cast Horn of Winter
    /cast Unholy Frenzy

It seems that necro is no longer effected by pvp power, that's why ap scaling went from 100% + Pvp power prefix to 200% atm to 225% ptr. So every socket will be strength + the amount of pvp power needed for 1% will be increased to 400, making pvp power rather bad for necro gameplay.

Btw the nerf to unholy might has been reverted
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Quote Originally Posted by Spamor View Post
    It seems that necro is no longer effected by pvp power, that's why ap scaling went from 100% + Pvp power prefix to 200% atm to 225% ptr. So every socket will be strength + the amount of pvp power needed for 1% will be increased to 400, making pvp power rather bad for necro gameplay.

Btw the nerf to unholy might has been reverted
    All the changes got reverted to my knowledge including SS buff.

I dont think necrotic was ever effected by pvp power nor resil. The tooltip is exactly the absorb it applies on live. PTR apparently its affected by resil though I havent tried it but never pvp power, so stack all the strength! Strength >>> Mastery

Oh and dont drop your rune for the pvp enchant, rune of the fallen crusader is AMAZING. Your use of festering strike confuses me too, I would be blood boiling to spread my diseases, your proposed rotation seems completely single target. For an opener that seems a bit sketchy.

Necro change is real
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705