Thread: 5.3 elite gear

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    5.3 elite gear

    So is elite gear going to be available soon as 5.3 hits?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    but it will be the same ilvl as normal.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    564
    ye and that is shite
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    but it will be the same ilvl as normal.
    Which is dumb because elite gear is the simplest and most obvious answer to the pve/pvp gear discrepancy in world pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Which is dumb because elite gear is the simplest and most obvious answer to the pve/pvp gear discrepancy in world pvp.
    I disagree. So does Blizzard.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  7. #7
    Hope so! I think yes. Its gona come out

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I disagree. So does Blizzard.
    yeah gear scaling will fix it for sure .

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I disagree. So does Blizzard.
    Gear progressioninPvP is the biggest problem in PvP. It allows for ppl who are able to sink time to have an advantage over this who are actually good. That's the bottom line any way you splice it. If you suck in PvP. You shouldn't get an advantage its obviously a large advantage due to 8 years of ppl hating it. Unless your one of this super Huber elitie arena players who have a lot of time to stream and grind out MMR. You really deserve a gear advantage. One if your good at PvP. You don't need an advantage. Second you don't need better gear just to brag that your better.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    564
    Villain1117 i was never imba in pvp and i will never be( If your not good after 450 days played nothing will help)
    At lest i could have use my time to get myself some better gear to cope with lack of skill. Now i will be always training bag for everyone

    I think i will quit pvp or wow altogether after this change and i was playing from vanilla.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain1117 View Post
    Gear progressioninPvP is the biggest problem in PvP. It allows for ppl who are able to sink time to have an advantage over this who are actually good. That's the bottom line any way you splice it. If you suck in PvP. You shouldn't get an advantage its obviously a large advantage due to 8 years of ppl hating it. Unless your one of this super Huber elitie arena players who have a lot of time to stream and grind out MMR. You really deserve a gear advantage. One if your good at PvP. You don't need an advantage. Second you don't need better gear just to brag that your better.
    no just no. The opposition, (or should i say the contrast) is less of a gear vs skill, compared to gear vs fotm class.

    By eliminating gear out of the equation you are rewarding fotm rerollers.

    In your logics context:

    If you suck in PVP you shouldn't get an advantage because of your class. If you are good at PVP you don't need a class advantage. And you don't need a class advantage to get better ratings to brag that you are better.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain1117 View Post
    Gear progressioninPvP is the biggest problem in PvP. It allows for ppl who are able to sink time to have an advantage over this who are actually good. That's the bottom line any way you splice it. If you suck in PvP. You shouldn't get an advantage its obviously a large advantage due to 8 years of ppl hating it. Unless your one of this super Huber elitie arena players who have a lot of time to stream and grind out MMR. You really deserve a gear advantage. One if your good at PvP. You don't need an advantage. Second you don't need better gear just to brag that your better.

    your trying to make it sound like getting pvp is hard lol,we all know its easy to get.all you have to do is play your toon and you can ge tthe same gear as reckful and swifty.rating requirements are gone,so please tell me how is playing your toon at any level/rating for the best pvp gear in game hard?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    your trying to make it sound like getting pvp is hard lol,we all know its easy to get.all you have to do is play your toon and you can ge tthe same gear as reckful and swifty.rating requirements are gone,so please tell me how is playing your toon at any level/rating for the best pvp gear in game hard?
    I'll tell you exactly why it is hard.

    In malevolant season he geared his warrior because it was overpowered. He was having fun with his gear but he was to lazy to gear his shadow priest. His shadow priest had abysmal gear.
    When in tyranical season his warrior got benched and he thought he would play his shadow priest - his shadow priest was in greens. And he was losing to everyone geared. But of course he is a great player. He is skilled. And now he demands because of that to have the same gear with people who actually didn't switch classes.

    All the demands in the name of skill - only it is not skill - it is class balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    If you suck in PVP you shouldn't get an advantage because of your class. If you are good at PVP you don't need a class advantage. And you don't need a class advantage to get better ratings to brag that you are better.
    The sad thing is we have gotten to the point where we are punishing high rating players and just giving them cosmetic changes (5.3 gear scaling) because bad PvPers are angry that they can get stuff like T2. That is like rewarding Heroic Raiders with 522 Gear that is a different color....

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    The sad thing is we have gotten to the point where we are punishing high rating players and just giving them cosmetic changes (5.3 gear scaling) because bad PvPers are angry that they can get stuff like T2. That is like rewarding Heroic Raiders with 522 Gear that is a different color....
    to be honest... its usually the bad pvp'rs that complain they arent getting higher level pvp gear then everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    The sad thing is we have gotten to the point where we are punishing high rating players and just giving them cosmetic changes (5.3 gear scaling) because bad PvPers are angry that they can get stuff like T2. That is like rewarding Heroic Raiders with 522 Gear that is a different color....
    and the thing is that everyone had access to tier 2. Play for several weeks and you will get there eventually. (5.2 originally didn't have rating requirements for elite)

    As I already said the dillema gear vs skill is actually false.

    I should earn the same grades as a hard working student because I think i am smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    The problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    to be honest... its usually the bad pvp'rs that complain they arent getting higher level pvp gear then everyone else.
    Oh, I'm aware, but it is nice to be rewarded for getting rating. I've got 2 alts that are 2k+ along with my main who is 2.3k+ RBG/2150 arena (this season), my alts are extremely undergeared yet I make it work. On my warlock I did 8 RBGs last night, went 8-0, gained 40 points, the thought of needing to bring my rating up to 2500 to buy the tabard in 5.3 is just painful because assuming you win every game from 2200-2500 you are still looking at 50ish wins? Just leave it how it was, 2.2k+ = t2, if you can't get t2, sorry, too bad. Rather then changing the gear system they should fix the MMR system so I don't que into a 1700 team after going 25-0 in 2s at the 1600-1700 bracket.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I disagree. So does Blizzard.
    Riveting post there.

    On topic, having the elite gear with higher ilvl would be the simplest solution to squashing the gap between PvP gear and PvE gear in world pvp environments for sure. Being that your item level will be capped in any instanced pvp, having it being a higher ilvl is inconsequential to rated play (and even unrated battlegrounds) and makes sure that PvP gear remains the best gear for PvP out in the open world (if you are high enough rated to purchase the elite gear).

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    The sad thing is we have gotten to the point where we are punishing high rating players and just giving them cosmetic changes (5.3 gear scaling) because bad PvPers are angry that they can get stuff like T2. That is like rewarding Heroic Raiders with 522 Gear that is a different color....
    Which is something I would whole-heartedly support, assuming they made the other logical changes to go along with it (namely, tuning heroic raids around a lower ilvl but still requiring higher performance from them.... so that once you're geared enough to clear normal ToT, you're fully geared for all of heroic ToT and it's a matter of pure skill and coordination, not gear.)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Villain1117 i was never imba in pvp and i will never be( If your not good after 450 days played nothing will help)
    At lest i could have use my time to get myself some better gear to cope with lack of skill. Now i will be always training bag for everyone

    I think i will quit pvp or wow altogether after this change and i was playing from vanilla.
    You are one of the main reasons why blizz had to cater to all the bullish crybabies no offense. If you such. Deal with it. Don't ask for a handout

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 09:35 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    your trying to make it sound like getting pvp is hard lol,we all know its easy to get.all you have to do is play your toon and you can ge tthe same gear as reckful and swifty.rating requirements are gone,so please tell me how is playing your toon at any level/rating for the best pvp gear in game hard?

    You are wrong not everyone can get carried to 2200. And not everyone can play forever and ever and ever and all day and all night and alllllllllllll weeeeeeeek


    Stop crying

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •