Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Girl Advice :/ - Ending Relationship w/ Bipolar?

So before anyone gets to upset about it, let me explain some things.

I've been seeing this girl casually for a little while, and I'm sorry to say I've lost interest in her. But recently she told me she has health issues such as being manic bipolar. Now before anyone gets their panties into to much of a bunch, this isn't why I want to end it with her, I just feel like its gone its course.

But obviously now I'm a bit confused on how to end it with out causing any sort of...issue. I probably sound like a dick saying that, but I'm uneducated when it comes to bipolar people, so I could use some advice.

Anyone with some helpful suggestions? Do I just end it like I normally might with some one?

You are under no obligation to make yourself miserable dealing with another person's mental illness. If you love her, it might be worth it to attempt to help and be there for her, but if you don't, you'll only make things worse for both yourself and her by sticking around.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post

I've been seeing this girl casually for a little while, and I'm sorry to say I've lost interest in her. But recently she told me she has health issues such as being manic bipolar. Now before anyone gets their panties into to much of a bunch, this isn't why I want to end it with her, I just feel like its gone its course.

But obviously now I'm a bit confused on how to end it with out causing any sort of...issue. I probably sound like a dick saying that, but I'm uneducated when it comes to bipolar people, so I could use some advice.

Anyone with some helpful suggestions? Do I just end it like I normally might with some one?
    "Bitch, you crazy!"

Seriously though, there's never a good time or place to end it. Just make sure she's had her meds...

10+ Year Old Account
    A hitman is probably your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You are under no obligation to make yourself miserable dealing with another person's mental illness. If you love her, it might be worth it to attempt to help and be there for her, but if you don't, you'll only make things worse for both yourself and her by sticking around.
    Uhm no I don't "Love" her, like I said more of a casual relationship (read:Friends w/Bens where shes maybe getting to attached). I understand I'm under no obligation, I just want to make it as easy as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell her you don't feel any love for her and end it. Yeah she might act a little more active than a normal breakup, but I doubt anything "bad" will happen. If she obsesses over you and stalks you, just call the police or warn her against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

You can't win, I would end it nicely, but be ready for her to go manic.

Living with two people that are bi-polar I would suggest to end it on a day where she doesn't get upset easily..

That being said the people I live with have days where they are super happy and nothing bothers them vs some days where if I say why is your voice so loud they bite my head off and there's no point in talking about it because they aren't reasonable/themselves on these particular days.

this is going to hurt both of you no matter the outcome. You need to be strong and decisive. end this relationship. don't worry about your friendship. your both going to hate each other for a while and the longer your with someone the longer this hate will last. eventually you will forgive each other. Are you regularly having sex? this can effect your decision but if you want to end this. just do it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Definitely move to another country and change your name after you dump her.

On a more serious note, don't be afraid of repercussions just because she's bipolar. They're not violent lunatics like some people think they are, especially if they're properly medicated. I'd suggest you end it like you would with any other woman, but be very clear in your language so no misunderstandings occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's over, it's over, just end it. I'd be nice about it of course, anyone deserves that unless they were horrible, but wouldn't take it too personally if there is no way to go about it nice enough. Her mental health is her responsibly. If she's in any kind of therapy then that should, I would hope, help her through it.

Just be calm and up front about it, that you like her but you've been losing interest romantically over time. She's not guaranteed to freak out just because she's bipolar. It might not even be a surprise to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

Uhm no I don't "Love" her, like I said more of a casual relationship (read:Friends w/Bens where shes maybe getting to attached).
    That's fine, I'm not getting sappy on you, I just wanted to throw it out there.

I understand I'm under no obligation, I just want to make it as easy as possible.
    The easiest thing to do is just cut contact with her. That's also a shit thing to do. Perhaps some balance is in order.

"Just this once...I'll let you borrow my shovel..."

-Anthony Jeselnick

10+ Year Old Account
    If its a casual thing why make a big deal about it just end it.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just quit it and forget it, the sooner you do it the better. I wasted many years of my life with a broken girl and wish I'd have ditched her sooner.
    I would suggest NOT doing it face to face, someone as unstable as a bi-polar broken person may try pulling some stunt that could get you accused of some bad things. Just call her, tell her you are done, and block her number/email/facebook if she shows up at your door and wont leave, just call the cops.

Trust me, do it quickly, like a band-aid and put it out of your mind.
    Put yourself first.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Just call her, tell her you are done, and block her number/email/facebook if she shows up at your door and wont leave, just call the cops.
    That's a pretty dick move tbh.

I'd suggest you make sure she's not upset one of these days (ask her friends how she's doing) and then call her to arrange a face-to-face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    That's a pretty dick move tbh.

I'd suggest you make sure she's not upset one of these days (ask her friends how she's doing) and then call her to arrange a face-to-face.
    That would work if she was NORMAL, but she's not. This is the worst thing you can do (face to face, giving her any type of forewarning to being planning).

Call her, tell her you are done, and be finished with it, with no risk to yourself. Trust me, I've seen this scenario many times and been in it myself, you need to protect yourself first and foremost from her condition. Just google some horror stories of bi-polar exes and how well a face to face breakup went.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

The manic part in that sounds ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    That would work if she was NORMAL, but she's not. This is the worst thing you can do (face to face, giving her any type of forewarning to being planning).

Call her, tell her you are done, and be finished with it, with no risk to yourself. Trust me, I've seen this scenario many times and been in it myself, you need to protect yourself first and foremost from her condition. Just google some horror stories of bi-polar exes and how well a face to face breakup went.
    You are pretty judgemental. Bipolar doesn't mean she can't live a "normal" life (eventually) or there is absolutely no hope for her to ever be accepted by someone. Bipolar people need help and understanding. Since OP doesn't want to take the helping role, at least a bit of understanding would be nice.
    Following your egotistical line of thought would just fuck her up even more.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-08-01 at 01:49 AM.