Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The worst 4P bonus in boomkin`s history

The mastery bonus of 4PT15 is useless for me. In 80% of cases I cant do full ecplise during NG, like most of the boomies who dont have the legendary meta. How stupid and clueless Blizz has to be to design shit like this.

Tier 13's originally released 4pc was the worst. Most people stayed with 4pc tier 12 until they buffed it.

Current one is at least theoretically better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

What do you want from a 4-piece? It's a marginal dps increase, can't deny it. Most 4-pieces, even the ones that sound really awesome don't offer a ton of extra damage and thus ours is pretty appropriate in terms of percentage dps increases. Just need to define, worst 4p ever. What's so different about the ICC set where we had a small percentage of our starfire and wrath add a 5 second dot similar to fire mage's ignite. A small dps increase, not really engaging play or rotational difference. But was appropriate and similar in terms of dps increase of our current one. Obviously, feel free to complain all you want, you have that right, but in the grand scheme of set bonuses, it's not crazy. Not even going to get into all the old set bonuses were they didn't even consider moonkin as a possibility... so worst in history, even objectively, probably not.

Deleted
    It's a permanent 1k mastery and 1k crit. Basically, it counts for another piece of gear. It's fine, really.

What should the Frost Mages say? 6% increased change to get a Fingers of Frost Proc (Ice lance that does damage). If your on bad RNG you won't see any of theses.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    What do you want from a 4-piece? It's a marginal dps increase, can't deny it. Most 4-pieces, even the ones that sound really awesome don't offer a ton of extra damage and thus ours is pretty appropriate in terms of percentage dps increases.
    Rogue 4PC this tier is pretty OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    The mastery bonus of 4PT15 is useless for me. In 80% of cases I cant do full ecplise during NG, like most of the boomies who dont have the legendary meta. How stupid and clueless Blizz has to be to design shit like this.
    Firstly, you sound very primitive and childish and secondly you obviously need to give yourself a little more time to learn your class.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    What should the Frost Mages say? 6% increased change to get a Fingers of Frost Proc (Ice lance that does damage). If your on bad RNG you won't see any of theses.
    Don't forget that epic 20% off the CD of Combustion for 4P T14.

You may be thinking "Holy shit! That's amazing!" well no, actually, it's awful. Unglyphed, that's 9s, glyphed, 18s. Now your PoM and AT are completely desync'd with Combustion.

By far the most useless set bonus in the game, and I thought Ulduar (T8) 4P was bad.

@Boomkins: Check Destro locks this tier. Yours can't be worse.
    Edit: (Looked it up) Wow, how is that bad? 15s of 1000 Crit and Mastery every time you Eclipse is BAD?! Want to hear something worse? When Alter Time expires (a 3m cooldown), I get Haste, Mastery, and Crit (1800 each) for 30s. So, you know, 1/6th uptime (much less than yours) and it's AFTER Alter Time is gone, you know, when all my shit is on cooldown and I have zero procs. Definitely when I want bonus stats, for my weak as hell Fireballs.

To be fair, Alter Time boost is my 2P and your Nature's Grace thing is a 4P, but your 2P is better than my 4P.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-05-15 at 07:21 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Don't forget that epic 20% off the CD of Combustion for 4P T14.

You may be thinking "Holy shit! That's amazing!" well no, actually, it's awful. Unglyphed, that's 9s, glyphed, 18s. Now your PoM and AT are completely desync'd with Combustion.

By far the most useless set bonus in the game, and I thought Ulduar (T8) 4P was bad.

@Boomkins: Check Destro locks this tier. Yours can't be worse.
    Edit: (Looked it up) Wow, how is that bad? 15s of 1000 Crit and Mastery every time you Eclipse is BAD?! Want to hear something worse? When Alter Time expires (a 3m cooldown), I get Haste, Mastery, and Crit (1800 each) for 30s. So, you know, 1/6th uptime (much less than yours) and it's AFTER Alter Time is gone, you know, when all my shit is on cooldown and I have zero procs. Definitely when I want bonus stats, for my weak as hell Fireballs.
    That's why the current Fire 4p is better 5% crit for my pyros is way better then 6% chance for FoF. I went Fire recently - gear is nearly the same anyway, though I would prefer Frost.

Deleted
    Before I got the meta gem I could easily do a full eclipse rotation within NG, you just need to have the gear really before you start complain about it. And like someone else already stated its 1k mastery and crit perma basically which is always welcome, sure the mastery could've been haste instead but the mastery is free so why not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Are you for real? The mage T8 was probably one of the best (along with T10) set bonuses during the time I played mage (TBC to early cata)

If you can't make your transition from one eclipse to another in 15 seconds, why does it make the set bonus useless? And remember, you don't only get mastery, you also gain a good bunch of crit, which happens to be your best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Are you for real? The mage T8 was probably one of the best (along with T10) set bonuses during the time I played mage (TBC to early cata)
    I assume hes talking about the Druid one and if so I completely agree. It was something like Insect Swarm has a chance to proc an instant starfire. Not only did this completely fuck with the Eclipse rotation but at that place in time it was a DPS loss to cast Insect Swarm on single target in the first place. So all around terrible.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    Not having the meta will screw you massively. That in and of itself was a stupid call on Blizzard's part (especially making it proc SO MUCH as a Moonkin). I personally (on most fights) focus on trying to get between Eclipses as fast as possible. Even before I got the meta, I would always focus on moving between Eclipses as I found it to be the biggest increase in DPS. Perhaps you're focusing too much on other things and should practice focusing on moving between faster. You'll not only increase your DPS but increase the effectiveness of the 4pc.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 13 was really bad before they added the damage component to it, still pretty bad afterwards. Tier 11 post Firelands release technically has to be the worse since they intentionally nerfed it to the ground so we wouldn't keep using it, only we had to until we could get T12. Tier 8 was really bad too.

It is baked into the eclipses that you reach without Nature's Grace up - basically the buff is applied before Eclipse. (You can easily check this by removing a piece without mastery on it with 4set and without it and see if there is a difference if you hit an eclipse without NG up.)
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Additional haste will help you to cycle through eclipses much faster - if you have the gear, I'd say go ahead and aim for the 10296 haste GCD cap. The T15 4-piece bonus also gives you 1000 crit rating, which will marginally increase your cycle time as well from slightly more SS procs.

Also, you don't need to do a full cycle to receive the benefit of the mastery part of the 4-piece: you just need to be leaving (or still in) eclipse as NG runs off. 15 seconds to leave an eclipse in either Solar or Lunar is a pretty long time - if you're unable to do that, you either have 2k haste rating or you aren't doing something correctly. Only time your rotation should get bogged down like that is when multidotting 3 or more targets, in which case you still receive the full benefit of the 4-piece mastery bonus (you were in eclipse the whole time).

You're doing something very wrong if you are never able to leave an eclipse state before NG wears off.

Your NG uptime should be greater than or equal to both of your eclipse state uptimes added together on most fights.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2013-05-15 at 09:27 PM.

It's really very poor. Especially when you consider that instead of equipping the Helm and Hand tier pieces, I have equipped the off-tier Helm and Hand from Megaera/Dark Animus. That is like +1300 crit (100% of the time, without fail) over the tier pieces. I'll take +300 crit guaranteed over 1k Mastery ("most") of the time. Then again Balance is a secondary spec for me so anything that reduces the amount of gear I need to obtain helps immensely (10 man).

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    It's really very poor. Especially when you consider that instead of equipping the Helm and Hand tier pieces, I have equipped the off-tier Helm and Hand from Megaera/Dark Animus. That is like +1300 crit (100% of the time, without fail) over the tier pieces. I'll take +300 crit guaranteed over 1k Mastery ("most") of the time. Then again Balance is a secondary spec for me so anything that reduces the amount of gear I need to obtain helps immensely (10 man).
    You benefit 100% from the mastery as you leave eclipse earlier than you gain a new one. Meaning that if you have 80% uptime on NG, you most likely get 100% of the Mastery benefit. And I'm not sure if wrathcalcs is 100% accurate on this, but it gives crit and mastery almost identical values for my gear (3.08 vs. 2.95). Even it would be dramatically different you, I somehow don't believe that crit would be over 3 times more valuable than mastery for you.