Poll: Do you want more fights like the chess event or flame leviathan?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Vehicle Fights:
    I hate all vehicle fights. I want to play my class, not a 4 button vehicle.

There should be a special place in hell for whoever came up with Ambershaper, because the learning curve required wiping 1-5 times per person, with RNG on who got to drive. That fight would have been 10x easier if you could just pick who got to drive and they were permanently the vehicle. Even if they just put a practice vehicle next to the boss so everyone could fix up their UI and learn how the buttons worked it would have saved incredible amounts of frustration.

Gimmick Fights:
    I generally like fights with non-standard mechanics as the driving element of difficulty. Tossing the ball on H-Sha, throwing turtles on Tortos, nests on Ji-kun just to name a few from this expansion. The real frustration of these mechanics is when they're too RNG or the learning curve is personal rather than raid-wide and it takes FOREVER for every single person to learn the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Vehicle Fights:
    I hate all vehicle fights. I want to play my class, not a 4 button vehicle.

There should be a special place in hell for whoever came up with Ambershaper, because the learning curve required wiping 1-5 times per person, with RNG on who got to drive. That fight would have been 10x easier if you could just pick who got to drive and they were permanently the vehicle. Even if they just put a practice vehicle next to the boss so everyone could fix up their UI and learn how the buttons worked it would have saved incredible amounts of frustration.
    Or maybe a trash pull that turned everyone into an amber construct.

I liked what they did with Malygos, where there was a daily quest outside the raid that used the exact same vehicle as the boss so you could practice it. Not that more than like 3 or 4 people in my raid did lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    RNG hell? I never wiped to the Chess event at all. Tons of fun, very easy, no problems. Not even all that random if I'm honest, just know how to use each piece and there was never a single issue.
    Have you ever tried to solo chess? Then you'll see the RNG hell. You can "wipe" hours on hours.. Only good thing is, you don't loose durability..
    Flamy is easily soloed in ~20 seconds..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Yeah, I like them. A lot of people complain about "gimmick" fights, vehicle fights etc but I don't understand why. I mean there must be hundreds of boss fights we've all been through in this game, doing your normal DPS rotation or whatever in every single one over and over is pretty boring. It's good to shake things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Have you ever tried to solo chess? Then you'll see the RNG hell. You can "wipe" hours on hours.. Only good thing is, you don't loose durability..
    Flamy is easily soloed in ~20 seconds..
    Probably because Chess isn't affected by ilvl and Flame is, trivialising the whole encounter at higher levels.

Chess remains the only TBC boss I haven't solo'd... mainly because I don't have the patience.

I like them on the whole - I think they could be over-done but Blizzard hasn't fallen into that pit yet. I don't have anything against vehicle fights - they definitely create opportunities for us to be something other than the same character over and over again. I like all of the ones in the game so far and my only legitimate complaint would be the same as the guy earlier who said FLV started to take 45 minutes despite being on farm and whatnot.

I liked Malygos too - felt pretty cool to kill a legendary figure in some way that isn't standing around whacking him in the leg for five minutes.

I also really like fights with miniature gimmicks built-in like Magmaw in BWD - the whole chains thing felt very God of War (I kind of wish we would've had a chance to whack the boss a few times while doing the chains, but ah well) and the turtles on Tortos/flying on Alysrazor or Ji-Kun (it's more fun on Ji-Kun because it's less like Superman 64 and more like a platformer, but I digress)

I'd like to see a boss with some kind of brief "escape" sequence that culminates in being cornered but now having some kind of advantage ala the Dragon God in Demon's Souls or the first major boss fight of Knight's Contract.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Ah yes I used to love chains duty on Magmaw. Provided my partner knew what the hell he was doing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Probably because Chess isn't affected by ilvl and Flame is, trivialising the whole encounter at higher levels.

Chess remains the only TBC boss I haven't solo'd... mainly because I don't have the patience.
    Eh, sometimes you get lucky and it's over quickly.

The fact that chess isn't ILVL dependent meant that it could even be soloed back when it was current content (and it was IIRC). Imagine what a mess we'd be in if Blizzard made a fight like that now! Raids would all break up on that boss because everyone would try to solo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yes. What I don't like is any fight that increases damage by a %. Other than stroking a certain kind of gamer's ego, it does nothing. Not to mention atonement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Here it is

This flash game has always been bazillion times harder than in-game, lol.
    Sigh.. I remember that one with horror..
    My guild master made everyone do it over and over.. If we couldn't complete it, we didn't get invite for the raid...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I don't mind vehicle fights so much where the responsibility of one person is confined to themselves. My major gripes with amber shaper was that if the vehicle was piloted poorly, usually the raid will wipe, compared to say Malygos, where that person would usually just die and not take the raid with them.

I don't like vehicle or minigame fights in raids. I want to play my character and use my spells and abilities to defeat bosses. They're fun for dailies or other quests, but I think that's where they should stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    I don't like vehicle or minigame fights in raids. I want to play my character and use my spells and abilities to defeat bosses. They're fun for dailies or other quests, but I think that's where they should stay.
    My sentiments exactly.