look at it this way, drop rate is 1%. This means you have a 99% chance to not get it.
Statistically speaking .99^99 = 36.9%. So statistically speaking after 99 runs you'll see an eye 36% of the time. So maybe a little unlucky but you're still at the point where you shouldn't really be surprised.
63.1% chance to see it, actually. 36.9% is the chance of it NOT showing up after 99 runs.
Just keep going and going eventually it will drop, i got mine around 70-ish run.
And you know what it took me to get it ? Bring a Dk alt of a friend that had never done MC before (we agreed i got the eye if dropped)
RNG is totally random, but there was a point that everywhere you brought a DK that hadn't done the raid before, would get lucky on drops lol :P (not really ofc.. but it felt like it)
millionth Nefarian Kill. Still never seen a Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos drop. It's not even a legendary and I have never seen it drop; even when I originally raided there. Item has eluded me since then lol. Fuck RNG
Boosted a super noob rogue through MC the other day, (didn't have the attunement i had to show him where the item was in Blackrock depths aswell..)
And guess what ... He got both bindings in 1 mothafucking run.
I passed them both for him since i have Thunderfury since late Wotlk, but still... I did so many runs for it, then i decide to help a random out and he gets both in 1 run and he didn't even know what the items where for.
The more this stuff happens the more i start to believe RNG works in favor of those not looking for something...