Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Saint 504 View Post
    No, because cheating would then motivate them to get skinny again.
    Not really, just motivates them to dump the loser

Im in the process of losing the 40 lbs I gained over the course of dating my current bf for a year and a half. I wouldn't say I was fat because a good chunk of it went to my hips and boobs, but you could tell. We're still together.

I guess it really depends on your personal preference. Some people prioritize regular exercise and fitness. I myself, while I wont want an obese man, am fine with a little chunk because I don't like exercising a whole lot except for swimming.

your milage may vary.

I don't even this question.

If you've ever been in a longterm serious relationship, matters like weight or change of how someone looks doesn't matter. That's not why you're in a relationship. By that same notion you could ask what you'd do if your partner became old and no longer was the sexy 20 year old of 50 years ago. People change and you never can anticipate how. My mother became extremely thin, what if my dad didn't like thin people, you think he'd leave? Of course not. The miracles of a true, longterm relationship is that your partner is your 'soulmate', someone who is with you through anything and everything.

If you're talking "i'm 16 and my longterm gf of 5 months gained 2 kg" then well, I mean, young love is awesome and cute but it's by no means representative for relationship spanning decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I don't even this question.

If you've ever been in a longterm serious relationship, matters like weight or change of how someone looks doesn't matter. That's not why you're in a relationship. By that same notion you could ask what you'd do if your partner became old and no longer was the sexy 20 year old of 50 years ago. People change and you never can anticipate how. My mother became extremely thin, what if my dad didn't like thin people, you think he'd leave? Of course not. The miracles of a true, longterm relationship is that your partner is your 'soulmate', someone who is with you through anything and everything.

If you're talking "i'm 16 and my longterm gf of 5 months gained 2 kg" then well, I mean, young love is awesome and cute but it's by no means representative for relationship spanning decades.
    Becoming over weight is not the same thing as gaining age.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Becoming over weight is not the same thing as gaining age.
    Yeah it is. It's a change of appearance.

There's a gazillion reasons why you can gain weight - stress, medication, etc. Not everything has to do with food or sports. If you'd leave your better half cause s/he has a rough period in life and gained or lost weight as a result that says more about you as a person than it does about your gf/bf. Nobody gains weight for no reason, or because they want to.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-05-15 at 01:32 PM.

If you'd leave your better half cause s/he has a rough period in life and gained or lost weight as a result that says more about you as a person than it does about your gf/bf.
    There's a vast difference between a "rough period" and a personality shift.

Deleted
    Would never leave her, would instead motivate to do exercise/exercise with her, not only for weight but for the sake of health. I wouldn't want my partner to die in advance just because a small thing like being overweight. It's probably 1 of the easiest things to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Leaving someone because they gained weight is probably one of the shallowest things I've ever heard of. I wouldn't be happy if my partner made it into my "not ok" zone, but I would help them out.

I had a pretty long response planned out for this, but my forever alone status makes it rather confusing when I think about it.

How is it shallow? Its not a friendship, its a relationship. A relationship between a man and a woman is based on sexual attraction and personality attraction. If she/he gets fat and makes you lose sexual attraction, its thier fualt if it ends. lets put it this way: If they stay attactive to find someone, then once they do say "F it, Ive got them now, I dont have to try look good anymore" isnt that disrespect towards thier partner?

Nobody gains weight for no reason, or because they want to.
    Indeed, they gain weight because of sloth and gluttony, neither of which are characteristics that appeal to me in my partner.

Medical reasons are, of course, a different story than personal choices. I don't know how I'd react to my partner having severe medical problems; I'd like to think I'd do everything in my power to help her, but I've never been in that position. If, on the other hand, there's nothing wrong from a medical standpoint, I'd go ahead and leave if persistent weight gain was part of the gig.

Really though, the question is a bit like asking, "what if your partner suddenly stopped having a sense of humor?". Yes, that would certainly suck, but since it's a core personality characteristic, I find it unlikely. Likewise, I find it unlikely that my thin, fit girlfriend will suddenly decide that exercise is irrelevant to her and that she feels the need to increase her calorie intake by 35%.

if she was always fit its not plausible that she will get fat/overweight. when you are deciding on a longterm partner you might wanna look into their habbits and how they handle themselves, would give you a great idea of whats to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    lolwut? What kind of asshole would walk out on someone because they're overweight?

How about some support?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

If your girlfriend became over weight and you weren't happy about that then you only have yourself to blame for letting her become comfortable and not keeping up the phsycological pressure to remain the weight she did when u met her.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was not the woman I was planning on being married to, I would dump her without a second thought. I didn't plan on losing 120 pounds and getting in shape just to be with someone that's fat.

Hell, I'd dump her if she started smoking.

How is it shallow?
    Why do you ask questions that you don't want the answer to? Don't worry about it.

Not much would change other then me badgering him to loose some weight, cause nobody like a penis that shrinks inches due to fat rolls, or being fucked with the added weight of a sack of rice on them.
    Would I cheat on him? No...

And to these people who would just dump a partner over weight. What happens if you have a kid with the person and they cant loose the baby weight?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't do it. I mean gaining a few lbs. in your 40s or 50s, OK, not too big a deal. But, how can you respect a person who doesn't respect themselves enough to put down the pizza and go for a walk once in a while.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it is. It's a change of appearance.

There's a gazillion reasons why you can gain weight - stress, medication, etc. Not everything has to do with food or sports. If you'd leave your better half cause s/he has a rough period in life and gained or lost weight as a result that says more about you as a person than it does about your gf/bf. Nobody gains weight for no reason, or because they want to.
    You have control over your weight, not over your age.

Also...

Nobody gains weight for no reason, or because they want to.
    See what the bodybuilder on a bulk cycle has to say about that...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    lolwut? What kind of asshole would walk out on someone because they're overweight?
    How about this?

It softens the penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in a long term relationship, your partner is very attractive and has always been fit. At some point he/she becomes quite overweight, would you leave him/her because his or her shape changed massivly, or would you stick by your partner?
    I'd observe myself and my partner very closely and take measures before either one of us both gets fat.
    Overweight doesn't happen over night. It's very very easy to prevent it from occurring. It always puzzles me that it is such a big problem these days.

It would depend on why. If I legitimately loved the girl, and had for a long time, I really doubt I would stop just because she got disabled or some kind of illness and gained weight. It would prevent me from falling for someone in the first place, but not this. At least, I like to think so, having never actually been in the situation. However, if they just got lazy and stopped having respect for themselves, then that would likely indicate a personality change that would cause me to lose interest anyway.

ya all are kind of obcessive about the looks of the person you are with.
    Folks you know hanging out with an overweight person does not make you overweight by association, rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    And to these people who would just dump a partner over weight. What happens if you have a kid with the person and they cant loose the baby weight?
    I have no intentions of having a kid. That's not a consideration.