Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's good that a private banking cartel has control over our monetary system and supply. /sarcasm
    Yeah, actually it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    You do realize nobody wins in that comparison in US vs Canada with a Game of Thrones comparison right? lol...just throwing that out there. I think I would rather be below the wall with the walkers and Yggrite anyway.
    How can anyone win anyway? If you're American you have to deal with the South and if you're Canadian you have to deal with snow, bears and white walkers.

How is this different from a song of ice and fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah, actually it is.
    How so? The US founders argued for and against one.
    The US has had and removed central banks in the past.

What kind of oversight is in place to ensure abuses are not taking place
    yea I'm looking at you Geithner.

I dont see how a private bank cartel has the interests of the little guy.
    It does if you follow the debunked trickle-down hypothesis( fallacy).

Yeah, actually it is.
    If you like borrowing money from a private organization that has a check book that draws money from an account with a balance of infinity, by all means, praise the Fed.

If you like borrowing money from a private organization that has a check book that draws money from an account with a balance of infinity, by all means, praise the Fed.
    Our currency has been far more stable since The Fed. They do their job pretty well.

Our currency has been far more stable since The Fed. They do their job pretty well.
    Inflation since 1913: 2,251.2%

Whoops.

Inflation since 1913: 2,251.2%

Whoops.
    Low steady inflation is a good thing. Do you really want us to have the same exact amount of currency in circulation that we had 100 years ago? Rapid and drastic swings between deflation and inflation like we had before the Fed is a very bad thing.

Low steady inflation is a good thing. Do you really want us to have the same exact amount of currency in circulation that we had 100 years ago? Rapid and drastic swings between deflation and inflation like we had before the Fed is a very bad thing.
    Well, I guess if you like paying $7 for a gallon of milk, the Fed is really working out for you. That, and maybe you enjoy your tax dollars going to pay a private banking cartel interest on the money we borrow from them.
    Last edited by Tinykong; 2013-05-15 at 04:38 PM. Reason: removed wage info, found conflicting data

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I'd love it if our money was more colorful. It would be an even easier way to distinguish bills in my wallet.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I loooooove our new polymer Canadian bank notes...not only do they look awesome but they're a shit ton more durable than the old "paper notes" and much harder to forge.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks more like just the middle got shifted to me. About the same variance, just shifted up a few percent and the top damped a bit.

Inflation rates
    pre-fed
    post-fed

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    The FED is right. That is pretty funny. Good going FED. I might even name my first born son FED now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if this was true I don't see what the big deal is, unless you're just griping to gripe about something. Then by all means, gripe away!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing to discuss here, but as mentioned, we have a Funny Picture megathread.