Deleted

Need some priest advice

We recruited a new priest yesterday, but i was wondering if he is gearing right. His DPS Seemed on the low side for his gear lvl.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkoe/advanced

Deleted
    Two cheap enchants (bracer/weapon)
    Two wrong gems (the int/mastery ones)
    1.91% to much hit
    Useless glyph (mind spike)
    Bought the wrong belt (should have been the spirit/haste one)

Those are the things i found at first glance.

Besides this his gear is not really great.
    He should be aiming for at least 8085 haste rating but he cant reach it with this gear :<
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2013-05-15 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    ^Add faulty reforging to that. Really, just kick him, he hasn't even bothered reading through a single guide regarding shadow and assuming that your guilds goal is to progress players with that attitude will just drag you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    ^Add faulty reforging to that. Really, just kick him, he hasn't even bothered reading through a single guide regarding shadow and assuming that your guilds goal is to progress players with that attitude will just drag you down.
    Hate to say it, but probably this^ The guy clearly has no clue what he's doing and is half assing it. Chose the wrong valor belt, cheap enchants, using the wrong gems, reforging is way off, and doesn't even have any professions.

I was surprised the professions didn't get mentioned in the first post. I mean even herbalism is helpful. Why would you just skip an entire aspect of the game that improves performance? The answer, of course, is that he plays the way he likes and doesn't want to. Cool. If I were you, I'd suggest he play the way he wants elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    I was surprised the professions didn't get mentioned in the first post.
    I didnt scroll down that far.
    Professions are somewhat granted for me :X
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2013-05-15 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    I didnt scroll down that far.
    Professions are somewhat granted for me :X
    Understandably forgiven.

Deleted
    Wow, you guys make it sound so harsh. I will have a real good talk with him, and tell him to improve.

They are harsh for good reason. The priest community is one of the best at putting out really awesome guides and has very thorough discussions on the intricacies of the class mechanics. A quick skim through of the stickies here at MMO or the many guides and posts at howtopriest would go a long way for your new recruit. The fact that he didn't even bother to look into some of those things shows a lot about the type of player they are, and that they don't care about optimizing. Raiders should always strive to improve by looking at logs and reading about their class. LFR is there for people that don't care. If you want to raid with a guild, put forth the effort, otherwise you're just wasting 24 or 9 other people's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Wow, you guys make it sound so harsh. I will have a real good talk with him, and tell him to improve.
    Honestly, I'm glad you took that approach. Don't take this the wrong way, but you guys are not very progressed to begin with, so you can work with people and see if they can become a part of your core and get better. If you followed the advice in this thread and just kicked every single person who didn't know what they were doing with your current progression (and let's be honest, you can't really be picky), you guys probably won't be raiding much longer.

Of course, if he doesn't want to or can't improve, then it's free game.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-05-16 at 12:02 AM.