Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No, it wasn't. You're not permitted to transfer assets to yourself using Power of Attorney.
    She more than likely transferred them to her husband, which is legal. Think outside the box for the simplest solution.

If I was in that couples position I would be contemplating murdering my child (I mean I am already elderly not like it will be a long trip to prison)

Or you know being old and being forgetful go hand and hand so maybe I will buy a few oil lamps and light them in poor locations before going out to lunch.

Or I guess they could just drive the car into the living room I mean after all old people cant drive for shit and even if the judge didn't believe the story he would know what kind of an evil bitch the daughter is and probably excuse the parents of all charges anyway.

In either case the friends of this elderly couple should take to facebook and other media outlets to slander the dubious cunt of a daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    you guys have no idea if theyr fighting and theyr past so you shouldnt really judge
    You don't evict family because of a fight.

You are making assumptions that "we don't know both sides". I will judge her for now based on the facts I have been given.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    She more than likely transferred them to her husband, which is legal. Think outside the box for the simplest solution.
    I don't think she did, else this wouldn't have happened
    Potter won in Vinton County Court, but an appeals court ruled last year that the statute of limitations of four years had passed on the accusation of fraud and thus the deed could not be handed back to Potter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    You don't evict family because of a fight.

You are making assumptions that "we don't know both sides". I will judge her for now based on the facts I have been given.
    I challenge anyone to come up with a justifiable reason for doing this.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be the turd in the punch bowl, but this kind of shows what kind of parents they were. If the couple raised their daughter with love and compassion they wouldn't have to worry about her backstabbing them later in life. Now she's a greedy bitch and they are SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstoner139
    i agree but what she did was legal.....
    legal and fucked up.
    And this, Children, is what we call Lawful Evil.

No, she acted legally. She has POA meaning she has legal right to use any and all of the guys financial assets as she wants. And really? Sue the governement is your solution? You should look up what power of attorney means and maybe you will get why your suggestion makes no sense at all.
    No, you are completely wrong.

What this woman did is known as self-dealing and is, in fact, fraudulent. The fact that the government office responsible for handling these things didn't catch it makes them complicit.

So yes, sue the government.

Deleted
    the guy is ww2 veteran and even took up a jobb after this nightmare/ built hes own house? This guy is strong and amazing but what hes daughter is doing .. i have no words its just that disgusting and wrong. He better get the help he deserves and i truly hope hes daughter and husband gets treated like the pile of dirt they seem to be. Just disgusting beyond words. This guy is as close to hero you could get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I hate to be the turd in the punch bowl, but this kind of shows what kind of parents they were. If the couple raised their daughter with love and compassion they wouldn't have to worry about her backstabbing them later in life. Now she's a greedy bitch and they are SOL.
    Are you even serious? She's not fucking 20 years old.

No, she acted legally. She has POA meaning she has legal right to use any and all of the guys financial assets as she wants. And really? Sue the governement is your solution? You should look up what power of attorney means and maybe you will get why your suggestion makes no sense at all.
    wrong, read the article, and this thread, it is mentioned several times that you cannot use power of attorney to give the assets you oversee to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes kids go bad even when raised right. Quite the assumption you are making there.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    no, she was given power of attorney for the event his mind deteriorated, and she cannot use that power to sign over property to herself.
    Obviously she can, shouldn't maybe, but she can. This sort of thing pops up in the news in Arizona from time to time since so many retire here. Most of the time the other half that you don't get because it isn't a headline buster is the parent has some sort of health issue and cannot take care of themselves and the child is trying to strong arm them into an assisted living home. No clue if that is what is happening here, but we are getting 1 side of the story don't jump to conclusions so quickly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

except that isn't true, you keep changing throughout your life. your parents aren't there every moment of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Obviously she can, shouldn't maybe, but she can. This sort of thing pops up in the news in Arizona from time to time since so many retire here. Most of the time the other half that you don't get because it isn't a headline buster is the parent has some sort of health issue and cannot take care of themselves and the child is trying to strong arm them into an assisted living home. No clue if that is what is happening here, but we are getting 1 side of the story don't jump to conclusions so quickly.
    the only reason he lost the legal battle was because of the statute of limitations non-sense, because he didn't know it happened before it was too late. so clearly it was illegal.
    Last edited by zhero; 2013-05-15 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    Who cares if his a veteran?
    Its just appalling no matter who this happens to.
    Hell it would be disgusting even if the father was a child molester or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Excuse me but I'm 100% certain that she offered to let him buy his own house back from her. Why have a price at all if money weren't your goal?

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Helwet View Post
    Who cares if his a veteran?
    Its just appalling no matter who this happens to.
    Like I said.. It's the same thing as a crime enhancer. Killing people is super bad, but killing people as a hate crime is grounds for execution.

Fucking people over is appalling. Fucking over veterans is the sort of behavior we can only expect from the worst scum humanity has to offer. A veteran is someone who has cut each and every citizen of this country a blank check for everything up to and including his life to serve us. Whether you agree with the wars they fought or not, the soldiers must be given their due respect. Every single member of this society should respect that and to do otherwise is shameful.

Especially if it's your father.

Scumbags like that are the reason why there are so many laws and regulations in society. Anything not prohibited is allowed, people abuse it, and so it gets prohibited.

Deleted
    Late seventies, a neighbour of a kid I was at school with I met & he taught me a bit of piano because I was interested. Bloke was smart, polite & funny, had his wits about him, somewhere in his late sixties I think.

A few years later, his son & daughter were pestering him to sell his house because they needed the money to set themselves up, they told him he was going to be put in a home. Whilst I don`t see how they could force him, after enough time he believed it was going to happen.

He hung himself from a tree in his garden.

The fact of life, people are bastards & you`re just as likely to be screwed over by friends/family as you are complete strangers.

People like this is where the term "cunt punt" originated.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Pretty fucking low. What a scumbag, but the worst kind of person? I saw Khaled al-Hamad cut open a mans chest and eat his heart and liver yesterday. WORSE PERSON.