Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing wrong here. What she did was smart. Those old people need to go live in a old folks home anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    The con of making theft a perfectly legal activity as long as you can hide it for a few years vastly outweights the pro of a few potential cases that a civil court orders property turned over when it was not stolen (in which case the defendent still has recourse by requesting a criminal trial). If a legal system is not even going to attempt to be just, then it is devoid of purpose other than to perpetuate its own brand of injustice.
    And that is your opinion. What you are ignoring is that there are valid points both to restricting statute of limitations, and protecting them. Justice is not a singular concept, even if its most basic tenant is universality; it is very multifaceted, and in this situation both sides bear consideration. It is why different crimes have different applications of statute of limitations, and you even have different states handling them differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Excuse me but I'm 100% certain that she offered to let him buy his own house back from her. Why have a price at all if money weren't your goal?

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 03:52 PM ----------

Like I said.. It's the same thing as a crime enhancer. Killing people is super bad, but killing people as a hate crime is grounds for execution.

Fucking people over is appalling. Fucking over veterans is the sort of behavior we can only expect from the worst scum humanity has to offer. A veteran is someone who has cut each and every citizen of this country a blank check for everything up to and including his life to serve us. Whether you agree with the wars they fought or not, the soldiers must be given their due respect. Every single member of this society should respect that and to do otherwise is shameful.

Especially if it's your father.

When you have somebody with a fixed income and you know what it is and in some ways control how they spend their money it is easy to do it. She very well could be totally scamming her own dad, hell this could be a scam to get other ppl to come to the aid of a poor old man who knows. Tons of ppl are making assumptions or jumping to the older guys side based on one snap shot of one side of the story.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No, it wasn't. You're not permitted to transfer assets to yourself using Power of Attorney.
    That condition is only valid within the duration of the statute of limitations.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No, it wasn't. You can't use power of attorney to transfer assets to yourself, and that's exactly how the court ruled. It was overturned on appeal because the statute of limitations (4 years in this case) had passed so they couldn't transfer the deed back. Which is an absurd legal technicality.

All of this is in the article.
    i know its in the article. that's why i know its legal. The statute of limitations expired. pay attention next time. audit the people you give power of attorney if you can.
    the law sucks and it should be review and have something inserted regaurding this kind of case. some form of over sight needs to happen.

statute of limitations exist to prevent prosecuting crimes that occurred so long ago that society doesn't care about it any more. its not a legal technicality. its a clear
    statement that your legal clam to damages have a finite life.

A simple case of poorly placed trust.

Hope she enjoys her legally stolen house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    A simple case of poorly placed trust.

Hope she enjoys her legally stolen house.
    Honestly I hope when she eventually is living there and goes out once that it will get robbed completely and/or smashed up by some thugs. :P

But to be realistic: May she stub her toes every day of every hour, I hope those corners will be bad to her.
    May the basement get flooded and her roof sink in right on her fucking head.
    May her house be infested with vermin and I hope the wood will rot.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-05-18 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Honestly I hope when she eventually is living there and goes out once that it will get robbed completely and/or smashed up by some thugs. :P

But to be realistic: May she stub her toes every day of every hour, I hope those corners will be bad to her.
    May the basement get flooded and her roof sink in right on her fucking head.
    May her house be infested with vermin and I hope the wood will rot.
    And may her daughter do exactly the same thing to her when her time comes.

One thing that raises my skeptic flag is the crowd funding that the old man is using to buy the house back from his daughter.

The cynic in me thinks this could be another genius plot, where the man raises the money, the daughter signs the deed back over, and they split the check and laugh all the way to the bank.

The human in me feels bad for this old man, don't get me wrong. But the human in me has also felt bad for supposed cancer patients and supposed quadriplegics as well in the past and been shocked at the burn...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.