Drunken fun, in need of a bit of advice.

It's just insecurity on my part I believe. So I moved back to hometown and went to a friends house and we all drank a bit. Nothing too bad, one of my friends got a little pissed off and we had to settle him down. I was pretty chill, grant it drunk, but enjoyed myself. The biggest problem I had was not only was a school friend there that I got a thing for, but she and I were talking most of the night. Nothing too big, just joking around and laughing. Now I am a rough person, in terms of my past and what not so I was a little crass. But so was everyone, and I most certainly didn't cause a scene.

But as I came home, those little lurking thoughts came to surface. The accusing thoughts telling me, "Oh you made an ass of yourself." and similar things. These are irrational thoughts, but right now I just feel (which feelings are irrational!) a bit like shit.

I don't like my friends to see this part of me especially since it's manageable, but I know the internet is good for being unknown. Can anyone just give their opinion on this fun night and help me ease these crazy thoughts?

Deleted
    I honestly read ' Drunken Fin' a couple of times.

Anyways, if you think you may have offended her you could try to talk with her again sometime, steer the conversation to a personal level and subtly tell her you had a past like that. Not too detailed etc. So perhaps then she can figure out that you aren't trying to be blunt/rude/offensive/whatever you think you were.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    sounds like just being a little paranoid, text the girl up today and see if she acts any differently towards you.

You have niggling doubts that everyone has. Weirdly enough, your brain wants you to fail so you don't force change. Your brain doesn't like change.

The trick is knowing when to over-ride those doubts and to just go with it. As said above by Ciggy, fire off a text to the girl and see what she's like. You'll know soon enough if you did something wrong (or very right!).

Deleted
    Of course, it could be nothing and you may have not done anything wrong.

People get drunk, they do somewhat silly (or downright ridiculous) things, and if you're with a group that isn't filled with jerks they will shrug it off and keep it for fun stories for later. Don't get paranoid over it. If you're really freaking out man ("You are freaking out, man."), the best to do is text her and ask if there's anything you did that you should know about. But, given it doesn't seem you blacked out, I think you already know that answer and have no reason to ask or worry.

Final thoughts, go hangout with them again and keep the ball rolling!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yingling View Post
    Can anyone just give their opinion on this fun night and help me ease these crazy thoughts?
    If they are bothering you that much, just send a note out saying something like "Hey all, thanks a ton for the fun night the other night. Hope everyone had a good time! Sorry if I was a bit crazy -- but what can I say the drinks were just too good to pass up."

And then next time don't drink yourself to the point where you start acting like an ass. (Or what you perceive to be an ass anyway).

And on a side note, if you like this girl then just ask her out. When you are sober. Just be cool about it and if she says no accept it and move on.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.