Burning Embers Mechanic.

Hi. Recently started levelling a Warlock and am enjoying it so far especially Destro. It seems a bit more fast paced rather than waiting for DoTs to do your damage.

Just reached level 42 and learnt Burning Embers and Chaos Bolt (one of the many reasons for levelling a lock). I was under the impression that you generate 1 Ember every time you cast Incenerate.

You get get 4 Shards below my target icon however, the shards fill up akin to a bar instead of 1 every cast. Am I missing something?

Can someone explain to me how Burning Embers work?

Deleted
    As destro, fire spells generate emberbits. 10 emberbits = 1 ember.

you generate one emberbit per cast 2 for crits. 10 bits = 1 ember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Hi. Recently started levelling a Warlock and am enjoying it so far especially Destro. It seems a bit more fast paced rather than waiting for DoTs to do your damage.

Just reached level 42 and learnt Burning Embers and Chaos Bolt (one of the many reasons for levelling a lock). I was under the impression that you generate 1 Ember every time you cast Incenerate.

You get get 4 Shards below my target icon however, the shards fill up akin to a bar instead of 1 every cast. Am I missing something?

Can someone explain to me how Burning Embers work?
    10 emberbits = 1 Burning Ember. (Emberbit being local terminology for those 1/10th of an ember things)

Immolate generates 1 emberbit per crit tick.
    Incin/Conflag/Fel Flame generate 1 emberbit per cast, 2 per crit hit.

Deleted
    Dont forget that Rain of Fire also generate 1 emberbit on crit

Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Incorrect, this has a chance on happing with any Rain of Fire tick on a target. I also can't tell if it's 1 or 2 emberbits on every successful proc; Affdots appears to increment in 2s for emberbits when I cast nothing but Rain on a test dummy.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    I believe the current amount is 2 emberbits per proc (though the proc is not tied to any mechanic other than a static % proc chance per tick)