Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question lava burst still OP?

• Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    •General
    •Lava Burst now has a 2 second cast time, up from 1.5 seconds, and deals 25% more damage.

My friend played a shaman in cata and the damage from lava burst was crazy... how hyped are you guys for this!

15+ Year Old Account
    its 33% cast time increse with 25% dmg increse so it will be more dmg on procs but less on casts im not sure there is something to by hyping about

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

there are multiple cases where you end up under the GCD right now. Those cases will now do more DPS.

Bink is estimated around a 6-7% dps increase.

Deleted
    The only thing this does is solve some of our stat redundancy by not having LvB miles below the gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    • Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    •General
    •Lava Burst now has a 2 second cast time, up from 1.5 seconds, and deals 25% more damage.

My friend played a shaman in cata and the damage from lava burst was crazy... how hyped are you guys for this!
    The dmg was only over the top when we had or old elemental mastery ( god how i miss that spell), but the increase now will make it a fairly hard hitting spell now, but not as hard as in the past

10+ Year Old Account
    Also during a non haste proc Ascendance it could actually be less damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nerf to the tier piece that reduces the CD of Ascendance for one second every LvB cast.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

This change make Lavasurge proces and damage during Haste CD more powerful but nerf DPS if you got Low haste and make Cast slow debuf more dedly for Ele shamans witch atm have bigest isiue with this debuff as they are "last real casters"in this game

Em you are really uninformed about MoP.

Warlock's Chaos Bolt hits for about 4 times more than Lava Burst, even though it can not be cast as repeatedly - but spamming LvB during Ascendance gets you silenced.

Mages of any spec are able to unleash a trainwreck of damage and pain, along with immense defenses they usually have.

Hunter's Power Shot used to hit for 250,000+ in a straight line, not sure they nerfed it.

But yea i am happy about a buff to LvB damage and even the slower casting is good.

Well its not Op as in for the dmg meter but its cast time with proper use of cds can be lowered significantly

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Em you are really uninformed about MoP.

Warlock's Chaos Bolt hits for about 4 times more than Lava Burst, even though it can not be cast as repeatedly - but spamming LvB during Ascendance gets you silenced.

Mages of any spec are able to unleash a trainwreck of damage and pain, along with immense defenses they usually have.

Hunter's Power Shot used to hit for 250,000+ in a straight line, not sure they nerfed it.

But yea i am happy about a buff to LvB damage and even the slower casting is good.
    A lot of that was way nerfed, a ton of exaggerating here. Damage is not one of Ele's PvP issues, and this will just make PvP burst scarier, especially for Troll shammies.

Is anyone notice that LvB no longer has the additional spell power on damage? Isn't it make the damage go shitty?

jesus i can not wait to queue 3s the day 5.3 drops! I miss cata, when the stars would align and i'd gib someone in 2 globals after kiting my ass off the whole game.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by orange-cow View Post
    Is anyone notice that LvB no longer has the additional spell power on damage? Isn't it make the damage go shitty?
    it's going from 80% spellpower scaling to 100%, please understand its PTR datamining not the finished product, no spells are going to have ZERO scaling, that'd mean gearing up = no dps gain, this game is gear driven, blizzard aren't stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    This is nerf to the tier piece that reduces the CD of Ascendance for one second every LvB cast.
    Actually, it doesn't unless you were stacking mastery. For haste stacking it's fairly neutral w.r.t the 4pc
    Quote Originally Posted by orange-cow View Post
    Nope. It's a tooltip/spell detail issue which should be corrected soon.

I am not looking forward to the change really. I already feel like lightning bolt is way too slow baseline

Edit: my point being that I enjoyed the fast pace cast style of the shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    I am not looking forward to the change really. I already feel like lightning bolt is way too slow baseline

i guess you must be a pvp'r, as a shaman who has played elemental in 25 heroic, current tier since t8 i do not enjoy casts under 1 second that is just a pure dps loss, while mages/spriests/locks/moonkins don't get hurt nearly as badly with all that haste because of much much more powerful and many more Dots than elemental as well as generally longer cast spells like fireball/starfire, channeled spells like mind flay and drain soul. 0.596 lava bursts on the pull which is what i get at the moment is shit, i maybe getting 430k dps for 15 seconds, but just wait until 5.3 when lava burst technically takes 0.1 sec longer to cast (0.596 = 1.000, and it'll probably be 1.100 in 5.3) and that 25% damage increase, as well as improved lava surge strength.

also gimmick bosses like primordius and alysrazor we're just miserable as elemental, here's a ton of haste you can't really use, now you're worth 1/2 of a mage, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post

But that is because lightning bolt got a 2.5 base cast time which is way to long for such a crappy spell.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Actually, it doesn't unless you were stacking mastery. For haste stacking it's fairly neutral w.r.t the 4pc

Nope. It's a tooltip/spell detail issue which should be corrected soon.
    Hey Bink, is there any reason NOT to stack haste like crazy once the patch hits then? What will happen to stat priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    But that is because lightning bolt got a 2.5 base cast time which is way to long for such a crappy spell.
    elemental has it reduced by 0.5s so at least for me that is ok and enhancer is using it with mw stacks which reduces cast time also so I see no issue here. Only for resto but does that really matter?