Poll: Do you want the old(vanilla) honor system back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you want the old(vanilla) honor system back?

Would you like to have it back?

Hmm, might run into some trouble with the high pop low pop situation going on, although it may actually spread some people out.
    Unless you're talking about battlegrouping it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Hmm, might run into some trouble with the high pop low pop situation going on, although it may actually spread some people out.
    Unless you're talking about battlegrouping it.
    Server not battlegroup.

Yes, except for the part where you lose your rank due to not being online 1h or so >.>
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Lol, no.

If they were, all the titles should be renamed to something akin to High Botlord or Bot Marshal, since that's all this would encourage.

10+ Year Old Account
    No! Not at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    no fkn way. if you have to ask.. you don't remember how painful it was.

also most of us that do are aging gamers who dont have the same kind of free time

The only way possible to get the highest ranks these days would be to bot.... You think it was hard to get those ranks in vanilla ? It would be ridiculous now. Just as the top guilds raid longer hours and have to put in more prep to get world 1st, the same would be true for PVP with that system.

Something similar; But not ladder based.
    People shouldn't lose their stuff because they can't log in non-stop and anything to discourage bots.

Also ladders die.
    Case in point; Arenas.

Anyone who says yes to this is confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lost enough friends because of that disgusting thing called dishonorable kill. The old honor system is were it belongs, gone.

No, because it's not about "who is best at pvp" but rather "who has the most time". Or uses a bot to invest that time for them. The grind to Rank 14 was basically playing BGs 24:7. On my server, a "melee Hunter" made it to Grand Marshal. Not that he was bad, but he did admit using a troll build and playstyle on purpose. All he needed was playing WSG more than everyone else.

Well i think its the same.

It would be fun to add something that would encourage players to do more BGs, but at the same time discourage botting. But we don't live in magical Christmas land

Yes and no. I like the concept of progressing in rank for playing more, which is essentially what the original system was. I dislike the concept of gating gear behind ratings and rankings though, so if it was purely a rank/title thing, sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having got Grand Marshal the old way, please no.
    It was horribly grindy and encouraged massive amounts of botting / account-sharing (which I did neither of). After Rank 10 it took me almost 4 months playing up to 16 hours a day to make it up to Rank 14.
    Managing my team was a lot of fun, and playing against the good Horde premades was a also a lot of fun.
    However it became an obsession at the end and the "fun" was dampened dramatically by the sheer time commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Having got Grand Marshal the old way, please no.
    It was horribly grindy and encouraged massive amounts of botting / account-sharing (which I did neither of). After Rank 10 it took me almost 4 months playing up to 16 hours a day to make it up to Rank 14. It became an obsession at the end and the "fun" was dampened dramatically by the sheer time commitment.
    Psshhhhhh. 16 hours a day of vanilla pvp sounds like fun to me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Psshhhhhh. 16 hours a day of vanilla pvp sounds like fun to me!
    Say that again when 90% of your games were either randoms (who are not fun to play against, they just let you win) or pre-mades who would scout with one player then leave when they saw us.

Of the three or so pre-mades that actually tried to fight back, two (both from my realm) just took the flag and map exploited out of spite (there were no game timers back then).

Even so, my team never AFKed out of a game and never surrendered.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2013-05-15 at 08:46 PM.

hell no. While it was kinda fun at first. On my server and on many others it ended up being a queue to decide who is the next to get R14...

Its no different than how people moan about win-trading and selling titles for gold except that it was a hell of a lot more time consuming, more of a team effort and omg just no.

I would rather the rank system actually commend you for your success and actions in the battles.

I.e Rank 1. Cap 5 Flags in any BG, get 100 Kills and win 1 Game
    Rank 2. Cap 15 Flags, 300 Kills (100 must be within 30yards of an objective), add in x objectives and win 3 games

Something that escalates but can actually be done in a group as well as solo and that would be an utter pain to sell to someone because it would take your actions into account as well as your teams. Hell how many people in the army do you know who get promoted in rank because they were hiding behind the rest of their squad, while they did the work?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Something that escalates but can actually be done in a group as well as solo and that would be an utter pain to sell to someone because it would take your actions into account as well as your teams. Hell how many people in the army do you know who get promoted in rank because they were hiding behind the rest of their squad, while they did the work?
    You clearly don't understand how the hierarchy of officers work. The higher the rank, the further from the bullets.

On topic: I alway led from the front, flag carrying in a wedding dress. <3