Deleted

So this new item drop system

Anyone actually notice anything different ? Personally i have not, i seem to get the same amount of items i used to and am yet to get anything above an uncommon.

So am i just unlucky or what ?

the only thing they changed is that accounts under level 5 can't get mythical drops

nothing else changed

Actually it did. Only certain sets drop now, mostly the newer ones. I've noticed this since I already got 2 PA items of the same set and it's from the new PA set (Dark Wraith). They want to make older items more valuable and to be sold on steam market by limiting which sets/items drop currently.

Can also be noticed from the official patch notes:
    The item drop list has been greatly pared down and will now change over time. As new items are introduced old items will be removed (and will be accessible on the Steam Community Market). This should help keep the item drop list interesting over time

Other than that, your droprate and chance to get better items is the same.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.