Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is what is so great about the souls talent system in Rift, you can pretty much build exactly the class you liked from WoW and other games.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been tanking in the game recently. It is rather fun compared to being a pure-damage class. I have also received positive feedback about my tanking abilities in Fae Realm and Iron Tomb (I'm only Level 22 atm, I started playing again 2 days ago). I'm gonna continue playing my Paladin/Reaver/Warlord combo and see where it takes me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started tanking as a Justicar cleric, and so far I'm loving it. Only lvl 18 but still pretty fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    heyhey, just came back to Rift and rolled a Riftstalker rogue, anyone got a decent tanking build? preferably one that doesn't use SL soul, as I don't have the expac yet
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    heyhey, just came back to Rift and rolled a Riftstalker rogue, anyone got a decent tanking build? preferably one that doesn't use SL soul, as I don't have the expac yet
    The official forums are an excellent source for build information in Rift. Each class has not only it's own forum but a guide forum. The guides there are actually really great and kept up to date. Here you go:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rm-legion.html

10+ Year Old Account
    cool thanks, the WoW official and Swtor Official forums are such wastelands I assume all MMO's are they same

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

cool thanks, the WoW official and Swtor Official forums are such wastelands I assume all MMO's are they same
    Yeah, Rift community is pretty good. The forums are actually very nice, hence why there are so few third-party forum sites, there is not really a need. The General Discussion and PvP forums can get a bit heated and messy at times, but most of the rest is really great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't find the community that friendly on the shard I rolled on.

of course that's mostly because I accidently rolled on a french shard and have no idea what anyones saying
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2013-10-07 at 10:46 PM.

of course that's mostly because I accidently rolled on a french shard and have no idea what anyones saying
    That...may be a pretty good reason lol.

Tank gets one shot in Rift

Well, I kinda meant the forum community. Some of the chat in game and trolls in general chat have gotten quite bad, especially since f2p. However, find yourself a good guild and all is well. Shard transfers are free, so give another one a shot, if it doesn't work out, move again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Tank gets one shot in Rift
    Maybe if it's a rogue tank that forgot to put up guardian phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That...may be a pretty good reason lol.
    aye pretty much, I got into a group for one of the rifts and everyone started talking in french , had to dredge up everything I learned in Highschool but I think I just about managed to convince them I was french

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Shard transfers are free, so give another one a shot, if it doesn't work out, move again.
    Aye I actually started playing Rift again to play with a friend, I'm just waiting for her to log in and check what Shards she's on before I transfer.

10+ Year Old Account

The community is bad just like any other MMO.
    I asked a simple questions about a certain class in general and right away had those retards going "hur hur go back to wow"

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    I asked a simple questions about a certain class in general and right away had those retards going "hur hur go back to wow"
    Yea this. Community inn Rift is nothing speciel.

Anywho on topic off tanks; I loved to play my rogue tank. Alot off fun teleport and spriting around with massive AOE.

The ramp up aint bad either, and you are able to chain pull pretty okay.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yea this. Community inn Rift is nothing speciel.
    Have you guys even been to the official forums? Does not sound like it at all. Sure, the community in game has degraded quite a bit since f2p conversion, though that is to be expected. Even with that though I have seen plenty of people get help and answers to their questions. Ask a question in chat and typically you get a couple tells from people willing to help you out. At least that has always been my experience and that of others I have talked to. Try the 1-29 chat, even if you are 60. There are a lot of experienced 60's that hang out there just to help people, at least on my shard. 50-59 is usually pretty good too.

I have noticed no difference in "community" aside from population in any MMO, ever. They have all been the same more or less since I played Habitat via Compuserve and AOL up to this modern whiz-bang of Comcast/Fi-Os high speed internet tyranny.

People are just people. A game doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have noticed no difference in "community" aside from population in any MMO, ever. They have all been the same more or less since I played Habitat via Compuserve and AOL up to this modern whiz-bang of Comcast/Fi-Os high speed internet tyranny.

Different games draw different people. I can say for sure that the average person I met on FFXI when I played was were quite a bit different that the average WoW person I met. Also, in Rift, other than trolls in General Chat, your average PuG is at least more knowledgeable and/or willing to learn and I have not seen near as many ninjas as I used to in WoW. It was damn near culture shock going from FFXI to WoW. Also, what I was specifically referring to when people started trashing the community in Rift was the forums. Take a look at Rifts Official forums then take a look at WoWs. Tell me Rift's Official forums are not a ton better.

Seriously though guys, I said Rift community is pretty good, the forums are not as bad as other games. I never said it was super great and awesome and beat all others and was speaking in context of the official forums. Next thing you know, bunch of people in here talking about how the community sucks. Well, quit making it suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I agree - I think the only that changes between mmo's usually is at what stage you join - at the beginning, everyone is new, needs each other and is friendly. Soon as a few people become veterans, they can go either way... become elitist or remain helpful.

When I started playing GW2 and I died, generally people would res me... a few weeks in, no-one bothered and more often than not, just ran right past me.

Could be argue that a smaller population game are more friendly, but no evidence for that - could go either way, I guess. I do recall people being more friendly in TBC Warcraft before cross-realm LFG and then LFR came out, so maybe.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-10-09 at 08:38 PM.