Poll: Most boring race

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Often the things I find boring are popular so that doesn't surprise me. Le sigh.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So despite people finding humans the most boring (thus far), they are also the most played....

does that make it that.. there are just this many boring people playing wow?
    They are also SAFE. Boring things are familar and non-threatening. You can try something you've never seen before and risk a bad experience, or do something familar and know that you at least won't be disappointed.

I know a guy who has eaten the same dozen or so meals for 10 years because he doesn't want to risk a bad tasting dinner. Some people are just risk adverse.

Deleted
    Belf or human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans for obvious reasons.

They might be boring, but they have strong racials, especially for PvP, which is why many play them. I also think it might be a relic of the past from vanilla, when Alliance had 2 paladin choices. Either dwarf (not much different from humans) or human. There are probably other reasons too.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-05-15 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Its funny that everyone thinks that Humans are the most boring, given that Blizzard's own statistics show that the majority of characters are Humans, as I recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Its funny that everyone thinks that Humans are the most boring, given that Blizzard's own statistics show that the majority of characters are Humans, as I recall.
    *points to post above*

Census given.
    #boycottchina

ok, this is interesting. So far right from the get go, the overall consensus indicates (though it could change) that humans are considered the most boring, and this is within the first hour of making the thread.

And yet, when you look the warcraft race/class ratio, and the census of races overall across all servers (it would be different depending on world wide location, but I've looked at it seems to follow a similar look), that Humans are infact the most played races in wow, seconded by blood elves.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

So despite people finding humans the most boring (thus far), they are also the most played....

1 - boring is identifiable. we are boring;

2 - boring is normal, normal is safe, therefore boring is safe. to an insecure player, rolling a draenei might mean people will think he is into blue goat legs;

3 - humans have an OP PvP racial. OP is good.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think my vote would have to go to humans. Not that appealing.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 10:37 PM ----------

ok, this is interesting. So far right from the get go, the overall consensus indicates (though it could change) that humans are considered the most boring, and this is within the first hour of making the thread.

And yet, when you look the warcraft race/class ratio, and the census of races overall across all servers (it would be different depending on world wide location, but I've looked at it seems to follow a similar look), that Humans are infact the most played races in wow, seconded by blood elves.
    I find humans boring, but I like their movement and gear looks nice on them. Well, speaking of females. I cannot stand the males.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin, and Draenei. Useless crap...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    They are also SAFE. Boring things are familar and non-threatening. You can try something you've never seen before and risk a bad experience, or do something familar and know that you at least won't be disappointed.

I know a guy who has eaten the same dozen or so meals for 10 years because he doesn't want to risk a bad tasting dinner. Some people are just risk adverse.
    They are also blatantly the best race to play. Every Man for Himself has been overpowered since it was first added, and Blizz has never made an effort to fix it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well, you can't look at a tiny poll like this on here. Humans have always been the most played, since day one. BTW, I think that site is pretty outdated now, isn't it? Or, at least, doesn't have the most data, not like the past. Could be wrong though.

The way I look at it is, I already play a human in real life. Why would I want to play one in my Fantasy video game, too? :P

Out of everything, I don't think anything is boring as all races bring something to the table. If I had to choose though: human, so I choose that.

The most boring race they could add to WoW for me, is High Elves. I know we have Blood Elves, and that's exactly partially the reason I think they'd be boring. Other being that they are so absorbed in human culture that they may as well be humans. They bring nothing to the table, and they're a worthless waste of time to me, only popular because of it being a typical fantasy race.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely human. Come on you're playing a fantasy game where you can be different races like Orc, Tauren, Trolls, and Blood Elves and you'd rather be a human? I must admit though I have a couple human characters just because I wanted to name some after some of my favorite game characters that are also human. They can also be pretty fun at times too.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Humans are the most boring. Tauren the one I'd least like to play.

Human representation is largely for PvP reasons, I agree.

I actually find Night Elves to be the least interesting, versus their introduction in WC3. I don't think they captured the essence of the druid orders amongst males and the sentinel nature of the females in Kalimdor very well outside of just posting a bunch of female guards all over Darnassus. Also, I think the jokes and complaints about their usage (Tyrande = useless for 4 expansions) are pretty justifiable. Splinter groups like the Cenarion Circle / Expedition don't seem to tie back into the Night Elves as a presence whatsoever (and not just due to Neutrality and the tauren being druids in classic Moonglade and BC quest hubs and such)
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-05-15 at 11:17 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

I hate pandas
    I hate their shitty "zomg peace and harmony and kung fu" bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans run like idiots and seeing them everywhere in pvp is aggravating. Orcs are also one-dimensional with poorly ginned up conflict to make them seem "good".

Gnomes feel gimmicky and every Goblin I've met has been a punk.

Dwarves, Blood Elves and Draenei are my favorites; the rest not mentoined have their finer points.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought humans were already officially declared the most boring race in the game?

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 05:05 PM ----------

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

Pulling a number out of my ass, I'd say 80% of pvpers go Humie for the racial.

I can't, in my right mind, think of why anyone would find goblins boring!
    They're possibly the craziest race out there. You get the smugness, the good looks and explosions!
    Ah well..

I voted human for the 'obvious' reasons. Human irl already.