Deleted

need a reliable keyboard

Hi people!

So far I've been using a Logitech G110 keyboard which I found awesome!
    Until it turned on me ... it get's stuck more often recently ...

with stuck I mean:

- I hear the typical windows sound when a device is unplugged.
    - whatever button I pressed keeps sending as if it still is being pressed. (e.g. I pressed W when the sound came and my character will continue to move forward...)
    - When this happens all other button presses don't do anything!
    - Only way to solve the issue is to unplug the keyboard and plug it in again ...

This is really annoying and it cost me some deaths in a game called Tibia so far ... dying in Tibia is really really bad since you lose EP, Skills, Items and so on ...
    That's the reason I'm looking for a new keyboard. So far I've loved Logitech in every regard, I used their keyboards for years, i used their mice for years, their speakers and so on ... so i actually wouldn't mind it to be another logitech ...
    What i'm looking for is:

+ a keyboard with a similar button press feel to it as the G110
    + illuminated background
    + media buttons (e.g. Play/Pause, Mute and volume control)
    + button press should be as silent as possible [edited in]
    + can deal with multiple (4-5) button presses at once [edited in ...]
    + please no Razor ... i loath that company for no obvious reason ^^

thanks in advance!
    Looking forward to your input.
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2013-05-15 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    You're from Austria as your profile shows? Maybe you can find it cheaper somewhere but I recommend this:

Microsoft SideWinder X4 €35,72

Fairly cheap, media buttons, anti-ghosting, a few macro keys, red LED's.

Mechanical keyboards are superior to rubber dome keyboards such as the g110. The only drawback is they are a bit noisy but vary on the type of switch you want. I believe brown and blacks are quieter while the blues and reds are noisier. I have the cm storm quickfire rapid with red switches.
    Last edited by Sonatine185; 2013-05-16 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    the only mechanical keyboards i've tried to far were horribly loud ...

does the Microsoft Keyboard come with some kind of extra software ? actually i'm trying to avoid those ^^ but it seems kind of hard to get a luminated anti-ghosting keyboard without software ...

and jep, Arnold Schwarzenegger is from Graz too

The media buttons are quite useful. I listen to online radio via shoutcast (via Winamp) and i use the media buttons to regulate volume and switch through stations while playing. that way i don't have to tab out of the game. I know that winamp supports other hotkeys like CTRL+[Something] to do the same, but the media buttons are just so damn comfortable ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    They're only loud if you bottom out. Just going to the actuation point makes pretty much no sound at all. Put some o rings under the keys and they'll be super quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    They're only loud if you bottom out. Just going to the actuation point makes pretty much no sound at all. Put some o rings under the keys and they'll be super quiet.
    that might be a solution.
    luckily i work part time in an electronics store ... so today i'm going to try some keyboards ^^ and see for myself ...
    but so far i find the Sidewinder quite appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not get logitech's latest flagship model:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pro...aming-keyboard

mx brown switches are not as loud as others, and i've heard they come with o-rings from teh factory, but i don't know if that is true

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    why not get logitech's latest flagship model:

mx brown switches are not as loud as others, and i've heard they come with o-rings from teh factory, but i don't know if that is true
    i already took a look at that one.
    i felt it was quite loud compared to the G110 (of course, it's mechanical ... but still) ... also it is darn expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post

does the Microsoft Keyboard come with some kind of extra software ? actually i'm trying to avoid those ^^ but it seems kind of hard to get a luminated anti-ghosting keyboard without software ...

and jep, Arnold Schwarzenegger is from Graz too

The media buttons are quite useful. I listen to online radio via shoutcast (via Winamp) and i use the media buttons to regulate volume and switch through stations while playing. that way i don't have to tab out of the game. I know that winamp supports other hotkeys like CTRL+[Something] to do the same, but the media buttons are just so damn comfortable ^^
    Sure it comes with software but you don't really need to do anything, everything is fine by default. You can of course adjust keys for your needs if you so choose. I ordered one to replace my G110 but I didn't wanna invest the money in a mechanical one at the time. This one has features but not over the top and the price is an obvious plus.

Review

First impression thread
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-05-17 at 06:25 AM.

Deleted
    yep, as i already told, it looks really appealing.
    i also already put it on my amazon wishlist and today at the shop i gonna try it, how the typing feels and so on ...
    and when my G110 crashes only once again i'll order it ...

thanks for your input people!