Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Mmm, to be honest I don't hate Star Trek V even though it's on my all time stinker list (other alumni: Superman III and even worse, IV, the two Schumacher Batmans...). I just look back and think wow, those movies were so bad!

But I do hate movies sometimes, if they really ruin something I was expecting to enjoy, or if it's a sequel so bad it un-does a previous movie that was good, or if I care about the characters and the movie messes them up badly. Or if I just feel like the movie is really insulting the intelligence of the audience. Sometimes I actually get angry after watching a movie. But not that often I guess.
    The Superman movies hold a special place in my heart...I do have a soft spot for campy bullshit, plus Superman III had that weird computer thing which as a kid I found interesting. Obviously now I'm much older I realize it's an awful movie. But 1-3 were filmed in my home city...so I always get a kick out of that.

I was kind of upset that they shut down the St Louis Hotel, which had the bar where Superman got angry.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Little Nicky 2000 - one of those so bad its good things, I mean adam sandler as the son of satan and an angel, come on, whats not to like? plus it had the demon dog in it, watched that film when high so many times
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

15+ Year Old Account
    You probably wont believe this, but I actually quite enjoyed the Twilight Saga. I was a hater at first, but I decided to challenge myself to watch them all, and after each one I started to like it more and more. And no, I am being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonman555 View Post
    The Room - I saw some videos on youtube of it and bought it off amazon. Watching it with a large group of my friends was probably one of the funniest things that ever happened to me. Yeah it is awful, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

The acting.

15+ Year Old Account
    star wars ep 1, 2, & 3
    Matrix revolution
    Prometheus

just to name a few...

Another I just thought of is Kingdom of Heaven...probably not universally disliked but most people I know hated it. Mostly because it seemed to be a stark contrast to Black Hawk Down and they weren't happy with another period piece from Ridley. Thinking it clashed a bit with Gladiator. That and Orlando Bloom being a bit of a pretty boy. But I loved that movie. Thankfully I've turned some friends into fans as well, once they got past the Bloom problems and realized it is a properly R rated film.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Dawn(old version) one of my favorite movies ever, but since the remake the old one has been getting some flak aswell. never understand why, maybe it was better at the time it was released with the soviets actually being an everyday threat
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Maybe not exactly everyone hates following movies, but here it is anyway...

Hulk (2003) - most of people consider it a failure, for me, still one of the best movies based on Marvel comic books.
    I would like to mash this one and the Ed Norton one together; cast from Ang Lee's Hulk, plot from the recent one.

Star Trek: Nemesis: I liked this one because of all the little details, like the attempt at portraying the sky of a world surrounding a non G-type star. I can see why people didn't love it, but I enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    LA Story 1991 Steve Martin's wonderful romantic comedy, based on bits and pieces of the works of William Shakespeare. funny and witty. My friends don't seem to get it.

Frankenstein 1931 My friends cannot figure out why this is my all time favorite film. It's a classic morality play about science crossing into the realm of God. Well acted( Colin Clive was awesome), and extremely well produced for it's era. My friends think it's silly and outdated.

The Ghost and Mrs Muir 1947 One of cinemas best romances, that gets overlooked waay to much. I still cry every time I watch it. Most of my friends think it's too dated as well.
    people don't hate those...

I didn't hate The Happening. The premise is a creepy one - and some of the initial suicides are terrifying, particularly the hairpin-through-the-neck one.

Southland Tales Everyone says it doesn't make sense. But if you've read the book then the movie is a lot clearer. Also, Timberlake's narrating and the rock's performance weren't half bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Popeye 1980 - This movie has me in the headlock and I watch it every time its on.

The Princess Bride 1987 - Not sure if people hate this movie but i get a lot of "lol you watch that?".

Star Trek V 1989 - "my pain? it runs deep, share it with me...."
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Batman and Robin.

I thought it was pure entertainment. Nippled suits, Freeze puns, homo-eroticism and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    The Princess Bride 1987 - Not sure if people hate this movie but i get a lot of "lol you watch that?"
    I like this movie and I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a lot of cheesy 80s stuff

some of it is popular, some not

Commando, Night of the Comet, The Last Starfighter, They Live, Conan the Barbarian

The Princess Bride 1987 - Not sure if people hate this movie but i get a lot of "lol you watch that?"
    This is more or less generally accepted as a cult-movie, (loads of quotes and references), so I don't think it belongs in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resident evil series xD ever fan of the game hate it, I love it and can't wait for next one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Another I just thought of is Kingdom of Heaven...probably not universally disliked but most people I know hated it. Mostly because it seemed to be a stark contrast to Black Hawk Down and they weren't happy with another period piece from Ridley. Thinking it clashed a bit with Gladiator. That and Orlando Bloom being a bit of a pretty boy. But I loved that movie. Thankfully I've turned some friends into fans as well, once they got past the Bloom problems and realized it is a properly R rated film.
    I can't say I loved it, but I didn't hate it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    TROLL 2 - everyone hated except me i loved it.

come on, how can anyone not like it

I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

the Michael Bay transformers saga. look, there are movies out there that ARE highbrow, thought provoking, works of art that after watching leaves you wondering about any number of things, Inception comes to mind. there are movies that try and fail, some times miserably. and then there are movies that are just brain dead LOOK AT DEM ASSPLOSIONS! guess where the transformer trilogy falls. the second you hear a movie about giant transforming robots beating the shit out of each other directed by the guy that gave us Armageddon, you can't POSSIBLY except it to be anything short of a tongue in cheek popcorn flick. hey I'm a big transformers fan I grew up with the shit, so I'm not going to sit and and pretend that it does the series or spin off's any justice. but I at the very least see it for what it is and can somehow pop it in every now and then for some pure, brain dead entertainment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    the Michael Bay transformers saga. look, there are movies out there that ARE highbrow, thought provoking, works of art that after watching leaves you wondering about any number of things, Inception comes to mind. there are movies that try and fail, some times miserably. and then there are movies that are just brain dead LOOK AT DEM ASSPLOSIONS! guess where the transformer trilogy falls. the second you hear a movie about giant transforming robots beating the shit out of each other directed by the guy that gave us Armageddon, you can't POSSIBLY except it to be anything short of a tongue in cheek popcorn flick. hey I'm a big transformers fan I grew up with the shit, so I'm not going to sit and and pretend that it does the series or spin off's any justice. but I at the very least see it for what it is and can somehow pop it in every now and then for some pure, brain dead entertainment.
    Very much for me too. I think those 3 are my favourite ever. Hearing Soundwave's voice again after like 20 years.. so awesome. I don't think there are many movies that Michael Bay's influence wouldn't be beneficial to. Think for instance Thunderbirds (they should make a real one, not a children's movie) or Ghostbusters!

Also the two Mortal Kombat movies. So cool to see my favourite MK characters come to life, even though the acting was horrible