Deleted

Elemental Arena!

Hi MMO-Champs!

I have been playing a Elemental Shaman since Late BC and i have mostly played PvE and some
    Battlegrounds!

Late Cata to now i have been playing Random & Rated Battlegrounds.
    My rating is 1968 ATM for Rated Battlegrounds.

I have Full Malevolent / 7 Tyrannical parts

Now i have been wanting to do some serius Arena and iv heard that Destro/Ele/Healer would be a good comp

My friends have a Resto Driud and a Warlock (Demo main/Destro second)
    Will that be a viable comp?

And what will our tacts be for the top tier 3v3s?

What talents should i use?
    Glyphs?

Are Elemental even viable for Arena? (Never rly done it outside of 2v2 for points)
    Will Elemental be better in 5.3?

EDIT:
    Full gemmed for resi
    Reforged & Enchanted to Haste/Mastery

Do i need to change any of this for arena?

All help is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeciz View Post
    Hi MMO-Champs!

I have been playing a Elemental Shaman since Late BC and i have mostly played PvE and some
    Battlegrounds!

Now i have been wanting to do some serius Arena and iv heard that Destro/Ele/Healer would be a good comp

Glyphs?

Are Elemental even viable for Arena? (Never rly done it outside of 2v2 for points)

EDIT:
    Full gemmed for resi

All help is welcome
    I am not a super pro elemental shaman but I have played enough PvP to give you some info. The comp you want to run is viable , you can run it with an afflic or destro and the druid is nice for cc.

About the tactics I can't really help you with that it will be something your team will figure out when you get more experience.

most used glyphs:

sham rage one if you are playing against a spellcleave or anything with a mage in it.
    cap totem so it is easier to stun.
    unleashed lightning glyph or hex one.

Some people use ghost wolf glyph but I don't find it that good for arena. Your glyphs will be swapped depending on the comp you face.

Talents:

Nature's guardian amazing passive.
    earthgrab for peels.
    totemic resto if you play against a heavy fear team so you can tremor every 30 sec otherwise totemic projection so you can set up some cap stuns.
    You can either choose to go EM or AS it depends on what you favor. With AS you can get instant hexes or that extra burst for an instant EB.
    last one healing tide for oh shit cd and EB for best damage.

Elemental shamans are still viable there are some high rated , think there was even a rank one running rogue/shaman/healer.
    Elemental will get buffed in 5.3 so I guess they will be a bit better.

resi is fine but when 5.3 hits resi gems are getting nerfed so you might have to change some. I assume you still go for the socket bonus. Haste/mastery reforge is fine some people like to go Haste/crit but you won't get higher than 17% or something so it depends on what you like.

Hope you can do something with this information and good luck!

If you are getting into 3s as a shaman, don't do it as elemental. They are to easy to counter, switch to, or focus down. Enhancement is just as good as resto in 2s, Ele in 2s is free points...And Ele in 3s is usually an easy team, I'd say 2 out of 6 teams with an ele at 2k+ rating I've encountered are problematic, only because of their comp. For an Ele shaman to be really effective, it's best with a boom class back up like a boomkin or Frost mage.

Other than that Ive seen some resto druid shaman comps that are really annoying, especially with a affliction lock (gateway)

My suggestion, play around in 3s to get re-acquainted with your playstyle in pvp. And then take it more serious in 5.3. Right now there is too many unbalanced teams and comps that should never see 1700 that are completely reliant on globaling someone within the first 10 seconds.

In 5.3, when it's "Average player appreciation" that burst will be more manageable. But then again, like me, most people will stop pvp altogether.
    We should get a "Ahead of the curve" feat of strength for having full tyrannical before 5.3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    If you are getting into 3s as a shaman, don't do it as elemental. They are to easy to counter, switch to, or focus down. Enhancement is just as good as resto in 2s, Ele in 2s is free points...And Ele in 3s is usually an easy team, I'd say 2 out of 6 teams with an ele at 2k+ rating I've encountered are problematic, only because of their comp. For an Ele shaman to be really effective, it's best with a boom class back up like a boomkin or Frost mage.

Other than that Ive seen some resto druid shaman comps that are really annoying, especially with a affliction lock (gateway)

My suggestion, play around in 3s to get re-acquainted with your playstyle in pvp. And then take it more serious in 5.3. Right now there is too many unbalanced teams and comps that should never see 1700 that are completely reliant on globaling someone within the first 10 seconds.

In 5.3, when it's "Average player appreciation" that burst will be more manageable. But then again, like me, most people will stop pvp altogether.
    We should get a "Ahead of the curve" feat of strength for having full tyrannical before 5.3 lol
    This isn't the point of the thread.

Hi MMO-Champs!

Battlegrounds!

Glyphs?

EDIT:
    Full gemmed for resi

All help is welcome
    Elemental isn't a top tier spec for arena, but in terms of viability, it is fine.

Lock/Ele/R. Druid is one of the stronger 3s comps for Ele. Your lock could be any of the specs and it can work decently. It's all about having your Lock set up kills for you.

Gemming full resil is the way to go since our survivability isn't great. Haste/Mastery is fine, I use Haste/Crit myself since Lava Burst -> UE -> EB is pretty much our only burst outside of Ascendance and EB benefits more from Crit than Mastery (Fulmination does not benefit from Mastery at all). But this comes down to playstyle: get as much Haste as you are comfortable with..same goes with Mastery and Crit.

For glyphs:
    Capacitor Totem - getting that stun off is huge
    Ghost Wolf - great when you are facing melee teams
    Shamanistic Rage - great when facing Mages, DoT/Spell Cleaves
    Unleashed Lightning - to cast Lb on the run (not needed in 5.3)
    Lightning Shield - for 5.3, extra survivability is always needed

Elemental is decent in 5.2 and is only getting better in 5.3.