View Poll Results: How Should balance have handled this?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • You handled it correctly..diffuse!

14 31.11%
  • You should have raged back and not taken that!

5 11.11%
  • He was trolling you, no response is the right play

26 57.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Jesus christ, I wonder if he called his mom to tell her of her sons recent victories in the great world...... of warcraft, surely she must be extremely proud ><

wow is a hobby imo, anyone who actually talks about "I have the power to do that to ppl", seriously needs to stop playing.... you're pushing keys on a keyboard and moving a mouse... there's nothing wrong with it, but don't act like you're freaking Billy the kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read between the lines IMO.

He's a multi-glad warrior in full tyrannical, presumably playing with a comparable teammate... and it took him three burst cycles to score a kill against an undergeared double dps team? He's extremely embarassed, he's hoping that if he flips out at you about how 'awesome' he is, you won't think less of him.

I've tried all the available options before, and never been sure which works best. I think your response is perfectly fine
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Read between the lines IMO.

He's a multi-glad warrior in full tyrannical, presumably playing with a comparable teammate... and it took him three burst cycles to score a kill against an undergeared double dps team? He's extremely embarassed, he's hoping that if he flips out at you about how 'awesome' he is, you won't think less of him.

I've tried all the available options before, and never been sure which works best. I think your response is perfectly fine
    eh thanks.. i'm over it lol.

poll results are pretty mature - i'm a little surprised ^^.

Most likely he needs that to feel better about his pointless life, regardless of how good at WoW he is. It's like all of those players who think they are super leet, and then get beat in duels and arenas and then go "lol ur so bad try harder".... when you just beat them. Think of how many stupid people there are in the real life world, and then multiply that by at least 2x to realize how many there are playing a video game. And not to make sweeping generalizations (ok, I am), I would guess that the top 10% of players in the game have personality issues that would cause them to need to feed on social interaction like that in the game.
    Last edited by Chestbrah; 2013-05-16 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    If he had overstepped his limits just a tiny bit more I would have reported him to a game master. Players like him shouldn't feel entitled to ruin other player's gaming experience at zero cost.

Log rogue and camp him for half an hour, slayer of e-peen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Probably best to ignore people like that. Straight on the ignore list is the best thing you can do in that situation. You don't gain anything by *fighting* back or saying anything. I mean, he already looks like an idiot just for simply messaging you to whine about a game. Its a good thing you didn't give him any real reaction at the very least.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies