Can you loot 1 Worldboss on 2 chars?

Hi just wanted to ask if its possible to park 2 chars on a roldboss, spank it with one, and exit shortly before its death just to relog and spank it a little iwth the other char. Can you loot one boss on 2 characters that way?

idk. give it a try!

Yes, this is possible. If you logged out towards the end of the fight most likely the item you win will be in your bags, otherwise it gets mailed to you by "The Postmaster".

if you fake a DC to go to the other char it should work.. i have discornected a few times and gotten loot any way so cant see why this should not give loot to both?

but plzz try and tell us what you finds out :P

Titan
    Unlikely. Experience in dungeons tells me that if you log out, or are dropped connection when a mob is tagged or when it's killed will make you unable to loot it. Most world bosses are tap-to-faction, and have super short respawn times (not sure about the 5.2 world bosses). Finding groups after reset is easier than at the end of the week. It might work, but I still stand by it being unlikely.
    [...]

Erm I don't know I've thought about it but never been in that much if a rush that I couldn't wait for the respawn

Give it a try and post your result would be interesting to know

This works fine, I've managed to do this with 4 chars on 1 boss.
    just park them at the boss, when the fight starts hit it a bit with the first and relog or alt+f4, then log to the next char, repeat with all you want untill the boss is dead.
    The offline characters will get the loot in the mail.

Yes you can, a guildie did it last week on oondasta.

First toon that was offline had it mailed to them, they hit it with their first took then logged out and into the second.

I imagine this will get hotfixed if a large number of people start doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I imagine this will get hotfixed if a large number of people start doing it.
    I'm dreading this aswell, but I hope they wont. It's pretty nice if you have a bunch of alts that need gear.

You can only coin 1 char, I usually do 3-4 chars at a time with the last char being the char I coin on, then I do the last char or chars with coin
    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

Blizzards loot logs are being watched, and if u get this to work it would be exploiting the system and it may get u banned.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Blizzards loot logs are being watched, and if u get this to work it would be exploiting the system and it may get u banned.
    lol, over react much

and yes it works, people have been doing this for many weeks

High Overlord
    I have looted Oondasta on 6 toons, 2 of them not even level 90 on the same kill. I was also able to token Oondasta on 3 of them off that same kill. The items just get mailed to you if the toon was offline. It's quite convenient.

So yes OP, it works.

It's possible but it seems a little exploit-ish to me. Depends on blizzard's feelings of course, but don't be surprised if you get loot removed for this.