Thread: LFR Loot

  1. #1

    LFR Loot

    Ok I need to know if it is just me or not. I seem to have the WORST luck getting loot for ToT LFR. 5 full clears and I have received 1 item that I didn't even want. That is 60 boss kills a 1 piece of loot. At this pace my alt will be LFR geared by the next xpac. I just cannot believe my horrible luck. It is crazy and very disappointing ever freakin week.

  2. #2
    Aren't there enough sob stories on Blizz's official forums?

    Can't speak for others but I'd prefer to have substantial chats about stuff here, not rehash generic LFR loot whine #6000.

  3. #3
    I believe next patch, there is going to be something implemented where the more you don't get anything, the odds jump up more and more.

  4. #4
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    41
    Generally people get a lot of loot through LFR (I get stuff I don't need whenever I queue up on an alt) I guess you just have some tough luck. Basicly the same as with gold coins.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    838
    Well at least that´s roughly 1600 gold for you.
    Asides, Always think of lfr as a friendly bonus. Remember, that it was implemented for non-raiders to see a bit of the lore and get some equipp, but not to ensure getting fully geared.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Asides, Always think of lfr as a friendly bonus. Remember, that it was implemented for non-raiders to see a bit of the lore and get some equipp, but not to ensure getting fully geared.
    yes that's why they gave everyone a way to get a lot of elder charms, upped the drop chance in 5.0 raids and will implement a "bad luck streak" for all lfr wings in 5.3
    gee that's an awful loot of changes towards the loot system if it is just to "see a bit of the lore and get some equipp"

  7. #7
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    yes that's why they gave everyone a way to get a lot of elder charms, upped the drop chance in 5.0 raids and will implement a "bad luck streak" for all lfr wings in 5.3
    gee that's an awful loot of changes towards the loot system if it is just to "see a bit of the lore and get some equipp"
    Not sure what your point is, but you donßt quite get mine. Even if only 1 in 1000 lfr bosses would drop loot for you, if you usually are no raider, the chance for you getting raiditems will stil be higher then without lfr. People should stop complaining about a system that enables them to gain loot through faceroll, just because they have bad luck.

  8. #8
    Epic! twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    somewhere between yeovil & crewkerne
    Posts
    1,744
    its just bad luck, mate. i tended to get regular drops from LFR, even with rolls & now i just run it for vp's & no longer have to roll.
    just hang on in there

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubbo, NSW
    Posts
    395
    Yep. Bad luck. I was fortunate to get what I wanted this week and more (the gun from Qon, a ring from Animus...twice). Keep trying, and don't let bad luck with LFR loot get you down.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Not sure what your point is, but you donßt quite get mine. Even if only 1 in 1000 lfr bosses would drop loot for you, if you usually are no raider, the chance for you getting raiditems will stil be higher then without lfr. People should stop complaining about a system that enables them to gain loot through faceroll, just because they have bad luck.
    But then Blizzard went and changed the "purpose" of LFR in that it is now the catch-up mechanism for new characters and alts. So tell me, what good is a method to catch-up with gear if it doesn't drop gear?

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    1,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    But then Blizzard went and changed the "purpose" of LFR in that it is now the catch-up mechanism for new characters and alts. So tell me, what good is a method to catch-up with gear if it doesn't drop gear?
    Qoute from the lead raid designer:
    "Raid Finder is great for letting players see content and progress their character with a more flexible schedule, but one of the best things MMOs offer is the cooperative social experience that is group raiding."
    the only reason lfr also have gear is that without incentive queue times would be hours upon hours lol.
    Its not a primary source of gear, that would be valor point gear, normal or heroic raids.

    Now you show me where they say its a catchup mechanic for new chars and alts ?

  12. #12
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    But then Blizzard went and changed the "purpose" of LFR in that it is now the catch-up mechanism for new characters and alts. So tell me, what good is a method to catch-up with gear if it doesn't drop gear?
    Yes but that was for the "old" Lfr's to help people catch up to the new ToT. The drop chance of ToT is not increased and is not meant to help you gear up towards a new tier as the other lfr's are.

    OP is complaining about luck in a Radifinder that has no increased chance of loot and is effectievly the final step in gear progression outside of valor for non-raiders. If they increased the drop chance there, people would have no reason to keep running them any more, i even stopped running most of them now because there is no loot left i can use. The "old" raidfinders only serve the purpos as a gear catapult for your alts now to slingshot you into the next bracket of lfr's, you shouldn't mix the intension of the two up.

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by skmage
    5 full clears and I have received 1 item that I didn't even want. That is 60 boss kills a 1 piece of loot.
    At 15% chance of getting gear off each boss, your odds of NOT getting gear from 59 bosses is approximately 1 in 15 000. That is pretty unlucky.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    But then Blizzard went and changed the "purpose" of LFR in that it is now the catch-up mechanism for new characters and alts.
    LFR is a possible catch-up mechanism for new characters and alts and is probably the best one. But it is not the only one. And the fact that it can be used as a catch-up mechanism does not make that it's only, or even primary, purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    So tell me, what good is a method to catch-up with gear if it doesn't drop gear?
    If you are using LFR to catch up gear, even if you never get a single drop in spite of running it repeatedly (statistically unlikely*), you still get Shado-Pan Assault reputation and Valor points, thus enabling to buy Valor gear which is substantially better than the LFR gear itself.

    Also if you are using LFR to "catch up", I have to question exactly what the objective of that catch up process is?

    I can't think of a single possible scenario in which LFR gear luck is the primary reason for your failing to achieve your objectives.

    You can't expect to just take a new toon into ToT normal/heroic after 1 or 2 weeks of gearing up without being carried by your guildmates. And if your guildmates aren't prepared to carry your new toon, then I cannot understand the urgency for raiding with that toon after such a brief gear ramp up time.

    The game simply is not designed to allow everyone to gear up a freshly dinged level 90 overnight to the point where they can just jump into heroic progression. The game expects you to spend time ramping up your gear to levels appropriate for current content. Regular raiders have been gearing up for ToT normal and heroic for months before 5.2 hit by T14 normal and heroic modes respectively. And once 5.2 landed, they made it significantly easier to get your gear to the appropriate ilevel, from scratch, using a combination of nerfed T14 raids, T14 LFR, reduced prices on T14 VP gear, craftable items, 4 world bosses, pvp gear which can effectively be bought for JP, as well as some very high level gear, from ToT LFR to new VP items (including that from 2 of the world bosses).

    Really, I don't know what you expect, but wanting, in a week, to have your fresh level 90 geared to a higher level as someone who had cleared all of T14 normal before 5.2 is just plain unrealistic and I cannot see how accomodating such demands would in any way benefit the game.


    *AFAIK think the odds of getting getting gear are approximately 15% per boss. If you are using 3 mogu runes of fate, you have a 92% probability of getting at least one item of gear every week.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    461
    I was going to write out a lengthy reply to address the last three posts but I just can't be bothered. I have cancelled my sub largely based on the direction they have taken with regards to dungeons and LFR so there is no point arguing over the details.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Qoute from the lead raid designer:
    "Raid Finder is great for letting players see content and progress their character with a more flexible schedule, but one of the best things MMOs offer is the cooperative social experience that is group raiding."
    the only reason lfr also have gear is that without incentive queue times would be hours upon hours lol.
    it's right there next to the part that you bolded... there made it red
    character progression on level cap=gear since it's the only way to improve your character at level cap

    Quote Originally Posted by santa666;21147088I
    ts not a primary source of gear, that would be valor point gear, normal or heroic raids.
    nope

    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Now you show me where they say its a catchup mechanic for new chars and alts ?
    In 5.2, we significantly increased drop rates in the Raid Finder versions of Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, so it’s quite possible to walk into the Raid Finder and have enough Elder Charms to use a bonus roll on every boss you kill (with greatly increased drop chances) for a tremendous loot yield. You can also run Raid Finder more than once per week if you have more Elder Charms. You won’t receive normal drops from the boss, but your bonus rolls will have a chance of rewarding an item.

    With Elder Charms of Good Fortune acquired, and an average ilvl of 460, head into Mogu’shan Vaults, you can queue using the Raid Finder (default shortcut key: i)

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/960...to_53-5_2_2013

    strange for the to mention lfr so much in a gearing up guide is lfr isn't a place for gearing up

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    it's right there next to the part that you bolded... there made it red
    <snip>
    strange for the to mention lfr so much in a gearing up guide is lfr isn't a place for gearing up
    If you follow the conversation, he was replying to the assertion made by another poster that the purpose of ToT LFR is to gear up new characters and alts.

    As already mentioned, LFR is a legitimate way to gear up. But it is by no means the only, or even primary, "purpose" of ToT LFR. And ToT LFR certainly isn't the only way gear up before heading into ToT normal.

    Running the T14 LFR instances (where the "low drop rate" argument this thread is about doesn't apply), running the nerfed T14 normal/heroic modes, buying cheap ilevel 489/496 valor gear, farming the four world bosses - these will get you sufficient gear to enter ToT normal much faster than relying purely on ToT LFR.

    Which is, in short, why it is acceptable that some people aren't getting as much loot as they would like out of ToT LFR.

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,814
    These threads make me want to rip my hair out and scream... there's no logic... you're complaining because you're not getting the gear you want... well join a guild that has a system that gives you priority. Sure you might have to work your way up from a trial and save points then, but it'll be worth it in the end when you saved up enough points and are able to get that one piece of gear that you really want since you have more points than any other raider who wants it.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  18. #18
    I understand you have a low chance to get items each run...but since Terrace's release, I have coined Lei Shi each week. No gun... Here, don't you want this trinket I've given you ten other times??! Just ridiculous.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeveri View Post
    I understand you have a low chance to get items each run...but since Terrace's release, I have coined Lei Shi each week. No gun... Here, don't you want this trinket I've given you ten other times??! Just ridiculous.
    I assume, that you do not raid normal mode. I think you should consider, that you would have not even the slightest chance of that gun without lfr. lfr worst case: 30 gold. lfr best case: loot. no lfr worst case: no gold, no loot, no chance of loot. best case no lfr: you find a raiding group and wipe with them.

  20. #20
    I feel your pain, only piece of LFR loot I get is the cloth hands from Tortos... Every.Time.

    It's almost as if I have 1 loot table and it's just those gloves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •