Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Fury Warr] Horridon 10HC - Handling Direhorn Spirit

Hey dudes,

First of all I'm making this thread on behalf of a Warrior in my guild (he doesn't have an account) as I'm the tank.

Tonight we were doing tries on Horridon hC (10 man) and, by our last try, we wiped right after war god jalak is dead, cuz in his last cry (3rd or 4th, cant remember) his tank plus 2 DPSers died. What we noticed is that our Warrior and our DK did very little damage on Jalak himself (the DK just brainfarted and kept bashing Horridon instead of focusing Jalak).

Our Warrior said he did shit damage on Jalak because the Direhorn Spirit kept getting too close to him and he wasn't able to knock him away enough.

So, what I'm asking is:

As Warriors (Fury in this case) how did you handle your Direhorn spirits?

I suggest him doing a /cast [target=Direhorn Spirit] Throw and either click it or just put it in his Bloodthirst macro or whatever. What are your suggestions or tips?

Yeah, a throw macro. Our warrior managed to balls the macro up and our first attempt getting as far as him getting a spirit ended with the chat being filled with about 50x "cast Throw" and him running around in circles

I just kite direhorn spirit by running max range circular round target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I just kite direhorn spirit by running max range circular round target.
    You need to be careful doing this as you will miss out on AoE heals and raid defensive CDs like smoke bomb. We just stack and max hit box range and when the Direhorn spawns for us we just throw at it until it is out of range and switch back to Horridon. Once the Direhorn is at max range then use your CDs inlcuding Colossus Smash as you will be able to make use of their full duration before the Direhorn is close again.

Use this macro
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Throw
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Use this macro
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Throw
    /targetlasttarget
    He was doing this but he said the add was still too close and he could barely have time to DPS the boss (his add spawned almost at the same time Jalak jumped in)

Deleted
    I personally just do like ten throws at it when its relatively close, no macro, and still pull off a decent rank every week, the time lost isn't that drastic, with a macro like that its even better. Just stand with the raid and spam that macro when its too close, and try do it so well timed that you won't miss any time on your final reckbannerexecute phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst case scenario glyph WW and just WW when it's close. Might hurt DPS a bit though. For the record I got the #3 on heroic using that method. (granted I was on boss a good bit of fight too, so I had padding to help.)

Padders.. Tsk.

Deleted
    Set direhorn spirit to focus, then use this macro:

#showtooltip Throw
    /cast [@focus] Throw

That macro SHOULD work.

Thats not as good cause you have to focus. My macro is better cause you can just hit it no matter what else you're targeting.

Deleted
    Thats not as good cause you have to focus. My macro is better cause you can just hit it no matter what else you're targeting.
    You will miss melee attacks on Horridon with your macro?

Deleted
    So will the focus macro, but you have to target the direhorn, making melee attack stops due to out of range.
    His macro just casts throw on his focus without switching targets.

Deleted
    Just make a target macro and use a few thows at it before jalak spawns or even better have your tank and raid move away right before he spawns so no one has dire horn spirit near them

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@direhorn spirit] taunt

10+ Year Old Account
    Just glyph WW and raging blow. Replace WS with WW and WW when needed. In execute, I kite more.

The only bad part about this strat is ANY latency issue will leave you dead. If pulled off correctly, you will do big deeps and live. The throw macro is just incredibly awkward to me and I can never get in a good rhythm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thala View Post
    #showtooltip
    Does Taunt work to knock the Direhorn back?

Quote Originally Posted by thala View Post
    #showtooltip
    you can't use @ or target= commands if it's 2 words.

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm that taunts work on the direhorn?

Deleted
    guuuuuys, why so complicated... just use your piercing howl. Absolutely safe because of the big range, and you dont have to move.