Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lorgok's Starsurge macro.

I can't find any information as to what macro he uses, but Im trying to figure it out.

If you watch Method's heroic Durumu video, I noticed that every time he spams Wrath or Starfire, he also spams Starsurge. And it prioritizes Starsurge whenever its available. Anyone have and insight as to how this macro would be set up?

You can occasionally sneak in a /click ActionButtonX at the start of a macro and it will fire up to two abilities on other buttons. If seen it work consistently, though sometimes there is the occasional bug.

i think its some kind of macro where its /castsequence w.e the hell it is, then starfire or wrath
    and then after that its /cast starsurge
    could be wrong, but im semi certain thats it
    Maybe?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check my blog article for useful macros:
    http://manamonster.blogspot.com/2013...in-macros.html

#showtooltip Starfire
    /castsequence Starfire
    /cast Starsurge

#showtooltip Wrath
    /castsequence Wrath
    /cast Starsurge

Aha! thank you mana. I was looking all through google and I couldnt find it.

Deleted
    is there a macro to cast starsurge procs while dotting up?

Quote Originally Posted by Boosta View Post
    is there a macro to cast starsurge procs while dotting up?
    Having just tested this modified macro as elemental, I would presume that you could substitute Wrath or Starfire for any spammable casted spell or ability.

Has to be a cast cause insta casts will always be cast first (ie sunfire/moonfire), cause they are first in the macro.

The macro manamonster posted works well, but you'll also want a stop-casting macro on a separate button for your SS procs.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by manamonster View Post
    Check my blog article for useful macros:
    http://manamonster.blogspot.com/2013...in-macros.html

#showtooltip Starfire
    /castsequence Starfire
    /cast Starsurge

#showtooltip Wrath
    /castsequence Wrath
    /cast Starsurge
    the problem with these macros is that if you get a shooting stars proc right after casting a starsurge, it'll continue with a starfire instead of that 2nd starsurge thus you still need to manually cast starsurges. Also when using such macro you cant play with eclipse meter properly, unless you have 2nd wrath macro for it

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    the problem with these macros is that if you get a shooting stars proc right after casting a starsurge, it'll continue with a starfire instead of that 2nd starsurge thus you still need to manually cast starsurges. Also when using such macro you cant play with eclipse meter properly, unless you have 2nd wrath macro for it
    Do you mean a stopcasting macro for your Starsurges?

I haven't watched the video but, is it not likely he's just spamming both? I always mash '5' (ss key) while I'm casting.

Do you mean a stopcasting macro for your Starsurges?
    what i mean is that those macros do starfire starsurge starfire starsurge rotation even if you could do starfire starsurge starsurge starsurge, thus you need a seperate starsurge button nevertheless. Sure those macros help abit and you can just use them but using only them isnt the best solution in terms of dps

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    what i mean is that those macros do starfire starsurge starfire starsurge rotation even if you could do starfire starsurge starsurge starsurge, thus you need a seperate starsurge button nevertheless. Sure those macros help abit and you can just use them but using only them isnt the best solution in terms of dps
    So would you advise against a stopcasting macro for starsurge in general? As of now I use 2 buttons ... one with the macro and one with Starsurge (without stopcasting). I cast Starsurge by itself everytime it's up in place of hitting my Starfire/Starsurge macro. I don't use stopcasting on Starsurge ever. What are your thoughts?

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    I haven't watched the video but, is it not likely he's just spamming both? I always mash '5' (ss key) while I'm casting.
    I generally spam SS while my cast is in progress and switch slightly before it ends to spamming the macro. It usually catches a SS proc if it occurs in that split second between stopping my SS spam and starting my Wrath/Starfire spam.

Deleted
    #showtooltip Starfire
    /castsequence reset=0.5 1,Starfire
    /castsequence reset=0.5 Starsurge

You can thank me later.

Basically if you press the macro twice within the reset timer you get a starfire, otherwise it'll try starsurge.
    Last edited by mmoce37cd5db59; 2013-05-16 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psum View Post
    #showtooltip Starfire
    /castsequence reset=0.5 1,Starfire
    /castsequence reset=0.5 Starsurge

You can thank me later.
    What is that supposed to do? I tried it out and found no use for it at all. When spamming that macro instead of Starfire, it chaincasted Starfires even when I had a Starsurge proc up.

I don't see a point to using those macros anyways. At least with higher item levels, you will find often proccing Starsurge just a 0.1 second later than starting a Starfire (also, spellqueueing and stuff) and then you want to cancel the cast to use the Starsurge. I can't remember who calculated it here just recently but I believe it came out to be 0.7 seconds into Starfire cast after which it's no longer beneficial.

Also for the stopcasting macros, can't you just move to stop the cast as you will always have an instant following it up? It leaves you with less buttons to handle or more dps as you can queue Starsurges when they happen to come off cooldown naturally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    What is that supposed to do? I tried it out and found no use for it at all. When spamming that macro instead of Starfire, it chaincasted Starfires even when I had a Starsurge proc up.
    Don't completely spam it. Press it about 0.5 before end of cast / GCD.

So would you advise against a stopcasting macro for starsurge in general? As of now I use 2 buttons ... one with the macro and one with Starsurge (without stopcasting). I cast Starsurge by itself everytime it's up in place of hitting my Starfire/Starsurge macro. I don't use stopcasting on Starsurge ever. What are your thoughts?
    personally i dont use a stopcasting macro, moving is good enough for me.

but the point was that with the macro you cast starfire, get a shooting stars proc during the cast. once starfire cast finishes it'll use cast starsurge and if another proc appears during that global it'll cast starfire instead another starsurge.

Dont know if psums macro fixes it or not, cant test right now

That macro is pretty handy, thanks psum.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

Im using the castsequence macro now and its working very well for me. There is still the need to have a starsurge button, of course. I simply wanted this so that I could keep spamming the button if I was able to. Its not an end all be all for the moonkin rotation, but Its just a nice little thing that allows me to spam my buttons harder. lol

Also Lappe posted in my thread. I can die happy now.